Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hybrid trouble?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Hi! I'm a grandmaster death and I'm trying to get a grimtooth! I trained up my wraith to adult and saved up my gold, looked for an orthrus, hatched, got a wraith. Repeated the process three times. I was going to try again but then something occured to me. Can I even GET A grimtooth by hatching my wraith with somebody elses orthrus? I know this is the correct combo. Can only the myth wizard get the grimtooth? If I traded my Wraith to my myth wizard and hatched with an orthrus, would I get an orthrus or grimtooth? I'm really confused about this. I looked it all up but nothing had any good answers. Any help is appreciated. c: ~Jordan

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Don't know if this helps, but in my hybrid efforts with the wraith I got the following:

wraith1 + helephant = wraith2
wraith1 + helephant = wraith3
wraith1 + colosus = darkwalker (interesting! - ice school hybrid)
wraith1 + hydra = reaper1
reaper1 + ghost dragon = reaper2
reaper2 + ghost dragon = reaper3
reaper2 + ghost dragon = ghost dragon
reaper2 + ghost dragon = ghost dragon
reaper2 + ghost dragon = reaper3

Notice the repeated re-hatchings of the reaper to weed out the undesired balance school talents.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
Sleepy Raccoon on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
Hi! I'm a grandmaster death and I'm trying to get a grimtooth! I trained up my wraith to adult and saved up my gold, looked for an orthrus, hatched, got a wraith. Repeated the process three times. I was going to try again but then something occured to me. Can I even GET A grimtooth by hatching my wraith with somebody elses orthrus? I know this is the correct combo. Can only the myth wizard get the grimtooth? If I traded my Wraith to my myth wizard and hatched with an orthrus, would I get an orthrus or grimtooth? I'm really confused about this. I looked it all up but nothing had any good answers. Any help is appreciated. c: ~Jordan
Check your Pedigree. If it's low, you might not get the pet you want correctly. If you want to get a higher Pedigree, you need to hatch with another pet which can be yours or another's that has a higher Pedigree than yours. It will raise your pet's Pedigree. I only know this because people got high Pedigree's and they get the pet they want. So I thought, the higher the Pedigree, the better chance of getting a pet.