Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Critical" animation.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Currently, when a player activates a critical, there's a "whoosh" vertical wind animation around the base of the character. It interrupts the spell animations about halfway through. On the one hand, that creates anticipation. On the other, it frankly makes no sense and leads to bugginess for spells like mana burn and supernova, when it can't even be see whether a player scored a critical or not until it's over.

Personally, I think it would be less distracting and more interesting if the player had a different animation when drawing the school symbol in the air. Maybe they could momentarily glow with power and do a little war cry. Or maybe just time the "whoosh" for that moment, rather than interrupting a spell halfway.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I agree. I see posts about people being bored with the animations. I had posted this on a board somewhere (maybe here, can't recall right now):

At least for the AOE spells, have a different animation depending on how many bad guys you are going to hit.
For example, you are going to hit with fire dragon:

4 bad guys - the normal animation
3 bad guys - have the dragon toss some balls of flame in the air, and bat them at the bad guys with his wings
2 bad guys - well, I'm not an idea man, but you get the picture.

For single hit spells, have a different animation for the type (or perhaps level) of the bad guy you are attacking.

Rogan Firehammer

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
maybe when a spell is cast before the spell starts the element of your school surronds you then it out burst and then you cast the spell or when it's a critical with a sword your sword gathers with your school element
and the back ground turns black (if it's fire the blade starts blazing,if it's ice the blade glows and gets covered in ice,if it's thunder your blade fills with bolts)then for the blade critical your character (still in a black back ground) does a cross slash then a clean slash down. thats just my idea.