Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth question...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
So I've been wondering... Should I join the Myth club?

Is Myth OK at this stage of the game? Are they viable? And most importantly, are they FUN?

Thanks!

P.S. Please no Bias!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DayOldMuffin on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
So I've been wondering... Should I join the Myth club?

Is Myth OK at this stage of the game? Are they viable? And most importantly, are they FUN?

Thanks!

P.S. Please no Bias!
I had a lot of fun playing my PvE Myth. It has some nice attacks and it was just whopping fun being able to earthquake the minions for a change lol

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Myth if fine. My main Wizards are /, but I also have a . I'm told it can be challenging at times, but again overall I enjoy playing my Myth Wizards (I guess technically I have 2 Myth.)

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
Myth was the last school I chose to try, I had never had any interest in minions, and they seemed to be at a disadvantage in pve...
But í have to say, with my legendary myth in Zafaria now, im actually really enjoying it! Gargantuan Frog and quake have been plenty strong so far, and aside from Malistaire, Nastrond, and Trial of Spheres, ive soloed everything without even using minions once. Só í say, give it a try!

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hey there,

I currently have a level 110 myth wizard. Myth is a very fun school to play, but I will admit it has its challenges. The number one problem I faced while questing was not having as powerful of an AOE (attack on everyone) in the later portions of the game. Humongofrog is extremely helpful in the early parts of the game, but it slowly loses its edge when your peers are receiving Storm Lord, Frost Giant, Forest Lord, Ra, Scarecrow, Fire Dragon, etc...

However, I was able to get the job done with Humonogofrog - it just took a bit longer to set up. Luckily the Darkmoor update provided myth with a much more powerful AOE, Mystic Colossus. As long as the shadow pips are on my side, defeating mobs is now a breeze.

With that said, myth is definitely okay at this stage of the game. In fact, myth wizards have a ton of handy spells which can be beneficial in the harder dungeons. Pierce, Shatter, and Vaporize are just a few to name.

Like any school, myth is about adaptability. if you're willing to work with what you have, you'll do just fine and have a lot of fun in the process.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Myth is okay, I just started a new myth account a couple days ago, I'm level 28 now. I'm just gonna say, the fizzle rate, at least for me, is CRAZY. I know the accuracy isn't the highest, but I actually had a battle that lasted almost an hour because I constantly kept fizzling. Never had this problem with life.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Well I have always only played a myth wizard so I would have to say YES!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
My newest char is Myth and am having fun with it - I made a myth pet with high accuracy stats that really helps; zero fiz rate using pet (+9%) and a gear jewel (+4%) with my WT craft gear made all the difference If you have other chars that can farm Avalon, the Death Seraphs in the Wyrd drop a great myth pet 'Dreamsong Seraph' which I am currently using.
I say go for it -

Earthquake Rocks

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My 110 Myth is extremely fun to play, and is one of my favorite wizards. She's got the best overall stats of all of my wizards (better than my other 11 wizards), including my max Storm.

My Myth is the one who generally helps my 2nd account. Don't discount Froggy as an unviable option at higher levels. I can easily do a super Froggy and kill top bosses with it. PLUS, the nice thing is, you can do them back-to-back while everyone else is still building up their pips for a typical hit.

I helped some friends of mine recently with a dungeon, and boy were they impressed with Myth. So much so, that they are going to dust theirs off and start playing them again!.

BTW: Even though Myth has Earthquake, I have never actually used it!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
My 110 Myth is extremely fun to play, and is one of my favorite wizards. She's got the best overall stats of all of my wizards (better than my other 11 wizards), including my max Storm.

My Myth is the one who generally helps my 2nd account. Don't discount Froggy as an unviable option at higher levels. I can easily do a super Froggy and kill top bosses with it. PLUS, the nice thing is, you can do them back-to-back while everyone else is still building up their pips for a typical hit.

I helped some friends of mine recently with a dungeon, and boy were they impressed with Myth. So much so, that they are going to dust theirs off and start playing them again!.

BTW: Even though Myth has Earthquake, I have never actually used it!
I never use Earthquake either. Frog does more damage and can be cast more frequently. I still carry Frog on my max and it still gets the job done sometimes instead of waiting around for a shadow pip for Mystic Colossus.