Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard102

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
In Wizard101, we see ourselves being a character from Earth, who is whisked away on a magical adventure by Merle Ambrose; Headmaster of Ravenwood Academy. This Ravenwood Academy is situated on the appropriately-named Wizard City, home to Bartleby, Grandfather Tree, and Father of the Elemental Titans. The magics we learn are the Elemental Schools: flickering , patient , and devastating . Along with these are the secondary Spirit Schools: unpredictable , friendly , and arcane . Hailing from the Order of the Fang's magical experiments in Krokotopia, we also learn the powerful ; an amalgamation of every Elemental school from Bartleby.

But we are taught that these 7 are the only forms of magic in the Spiral, yet this is entirely false. In Wysteria we see 7 other schools of magic. Believe them to be variations of what we learn at Ravenwood, their own schools, or just not magic entirely; another magical academy was revolutionary. Or perhaps you were playing before Wysteria entered the game and recall Dragonspyre as your first magical academy besides Ravenwood, and you felt the same excitement at the thought of other wizards out there in the Spiral.

But going even further with the 2nd arc, we see a world home to magics as yet unseen; Celestia. My personal favourite world, this is home to the Astral Schools of enhancing , shifting , and radiating . With these in place, we pondered further; were the magics we currently knew of the only ones in the Spiral. With the dramatic 2-Part entrance of Khrysalis into the Spiral; our suspicions were confirmed with the (currently) lone Spider School of elusive .

So went from summoning flames and snowflakes, to harnessing celestial bodies, and now we can manipulate reality itself? Where could the Arcanum take us past here then? I'm afraid this is a post not to delve into such endeavours, here, we're discussing going back to our roots of simplicity and wonderment of smaller magics than those of , , , and . But this time, we may begin at Ravenwood; but not anywhere near the way you might think.

Going back to Wysteria, we learn that Mirage, Weirwood (Avalon) & Mooshu all have magical schools (how else would they compete in the Spiral Cup Tournament?). And let's expand upon Celestia and Khrysalis, as clearly the Water Moles and Marleybonians knew of Celestian Magic; and the Mice of Khrysalis know Shadow.

So now we have magical academies at Ravenwood, Wysteria, Mooshu, Mirage, Weirwood, Celestia, Khrysalis; and possibly Dragonspyre. But what does each have to offer?

Ravenwood was entirely covered in Wizard101, and Wysteria is essentially a carbon copy of Ravenwood; so those can both be discounted.

Mooshu is interesting, as traditional 'elements' such as Rock, Water & Wind play a relatively important part of this world.

Mirage is too uncertain for us to really discuss, as we have yet to journey there to view the academy. But I think Alchemy originated here.

Weirwood could be a WC clone.

I'm out of space.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
In Wizard101, we see ourselves being a character from Earth, who is whisked away on a magical adventure by Merle Ambrose; Headmaster of Ravenwood Academy. This Ravenwood Academy is situated on the appropriately-named Wizard City, home to Bartleby, Grandfather Tree, and Father of the Elemental Titans. The magics we learn are the Elemental Schools: flickering , patient , and devastating . Along with these are the secondary Spirit Schools: unpredictable , friendly , and arcane . Hailing from the Order of the Fang's magical experiments in Krokotopia, we also learn the powerful ; an amalgamation of every Elemental school from Bartleby.

But we are taught that these 7 are the only forms of magic in the Spiral, yet this is entirely false. In Wysteria we see 7 other schools of magic. Believe them to be variations of what we learn at Ravenwood, their own schools, or just not magic entirely; another magical academy was revolutionary. Or perhaps you were playing before Wysteria entered the game and recall Dragonspyre as your first magical academy besides Ravenwood, and you felt the same excitement at the thought of other wizards out there in the Spiral.

But going even further with the 2nd arc, we see a world home to magics as yet unseen; Celestia. My personal favourite world, this is home to the Astral Schools of enhancing , shifting , and radiating . With these in place, we pondered further; were the magics we currently knew of the only ones in the Spiral. With the dramatic 2-Part entrance of Khrysalis into the Spiral; our suspicions were confirmed with the (currently) lone Spider School of elusive .

So went from summoning flames and snowflakes, to harnessing celestial bodies, and now we can manipulate reality itself? Where could the Arcanum take us past here then? I'm afraid this is a post not to delve into such endeavours, here, we're discussing going back to our roots of simplicity and wonderment of smaller magics than those of , , , and . But this time, we may begin at Ravenwood; but not anywhere near the way you might think.

Going back to Wysteria, we learn that Mirage, Weirwood (Avalon) & Mooshu all have magical schools (how else would they compete in the Spiral Cup Tournament?). And let's expand upon Celestia and Khrysalis, as clearly the Water Moles and Marleybonians knew of Celestian Magic; and the Mice of Khrysalis know Shadow.

So now we have magical academies at Ravenwood, Wysteria, Mooshu, Mirage, Weirwood, Celestia, Khrysalis; and possibly Dragonspyre. But what does each have to offer?

Ravenwood was entirely covered in Wizard101, and Wysteria is essentially a carbon copy of Ravenwood; so those can both be discounted.

Mooshu is interesting, as traditional 'elements' such as Rock, Water & Wind play a relatively important part of this world.

Mirage is too uncertain for us to really discuss, as we have yet to journey there to view the academy. But I think Alchemy originated here.

Weirwood could be a WC clone.

I'm out of space.
Okay, as I said, Weirwood's Academy could be an academy at which Merle taught, and as Beatrice Wildwind says she is from Weirwood rather than Avalon leads me to believe that the school is in fact in Weirwood. This could hold more unique types of magic, but we don't know enough to pinpoint anything about it.

Well then, Celestia fairly obviously has a few schools going, namely , & . And Khrysalis is much the same with .

Then we have Dragonspyre, a once lively academy with 7 schools: , , , , , and two other schools we don't know. The obvious choices would be & , but if you know me at all you'll know I won't settle for that.

But what other worlds could have magics we've yet to learn? In the 1st arc, we still have Krokotopia, Marleybone, and Grizzleheim untouched. Krokotopia (as far as we know) only made , Marleybone isn't too keen on any magic, and Grizzleheim certainly has a main theme around magic (via the Coven); but we never hear whispers of another magic we've yet to encounter.

2nd arc? Zafaria I think has no new schools for us, much the same with Azteca. With Wintertusk, there's obviously as a heavy theme, and while I'd love for some of Raven's magics to be mentioned, another world for just one school is rather pointless. Then, in the 3rd arc we meet the Auroracle. Interesting, definitely. Got her own magics, probably. Same case as Wintertusk, absolutely.

But what of mentioned worlds? Well, none of them have really had enough elaboration to definitively host a magical academy, so I suppose not for now. But in Pirate101? Skull Island with Hoodoo could work, Monquista (I think) is like Marleybone, Cool Ranch I definitely doubt; and Valencia is anti-magic.

So that's a lot of jumbled information, and I hope you enjoy that for a while because I have to go now.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Interesting ideas... Perhaps you can think of each of the 7 Schools at Ravenwood as essentially "majors." As we venture throughout the Spiral we often have narrated events told to us via Grandmother Raven which to me suggests that we are somehow connected or at the very least important to her. I propose that the reason that we see different creatures as different schools is because Grandmother Raven gives us that information essentially telling us what each creatures major is and what kind of magic it will most likely use. It is also known that higher level Wizards/creatures can use more than just their school of focus for example we can all cast Kraken if we have 4 pips regardless of our school. However, those that have specialized in Storm magic are able to cast Kraken more easily because they have an affinity for Storm magic.

I don't think that just because Mooshu, Weirwood, Avalon, Khrysalis have magic that that necessarily means that there are schools there (let alone that they are organized like Ravenwood). They may be home-schooled, taught by a sensei, (like Morganthe with Ambrose) or be naturally magically inclined (who's ever heard of a non-magical fairy). The Weirwood would be older than Ravenwood as an area anyway as Merle founded Ravenwood.

There are probably all types of Magic schools, (it's just biased to think that Ravenwood is the only way things can be done.) I agree that Ravenwoods is the Hogwarts of the Spiral and perhaps Wysteria is the Ilvermorny in that it was based off of the prior school, however I'm sure there is a Durmstrang via Dragonspyre and maybe as you suggest a Mahoutokoro in Mooshu or other Wizard schools/ ways to learn magic. Again though to think that magic is only learned as school is a bit near-sighted and prejudiced. (Not all Wizards go to Hogwarts, though a lot do, in HarryPotterLand). I still am for the theory that there is a Light School in opposition to Shadow, but we'll have to see, feel free to see that thread.
Good luck!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Okay, as I said, Weirwood's Academy could be an academy at which Merle taught, and as Beatrice Wildwind says she is from Weirwood rather than Avalon leads me to believe that the school is in fact in Weirwood. This could hold more unique types of magic, but we don't know enough to pinpoint anything about it.

Well then, Celestia fairly obviously has a few schools going, namely , & . And Khrysalis is much the same with .

Then we have Dragonspyre, a once lively academy with 7 schools: , , , , , and two other schools we don't know. The obvious choices would be & , but if you know me at all you'll know I won't settle for that.

But what other worlds could have magics we've yet to learn? In the 1st arc, we still have Krokotopia, Marleybone, and Grizzleheim untouched. Krokotopia (as far as we know) only made , Marleybone isn't too keen on any magic, and Grizzleheim certainly has a main theme around magic (via the Coven); but we never hear whispers of another magic we've yet to encounter.

2nd arc? Zafaria I think has no new schools for us, much the same with Azteca. With Wintertusk, there's obviously as a heavy theme, and while I'd love for some of Raven's magics to be mentioned, another world for just one school is rather pointless. Then, in the 3rd arc we meet the Auroracle. Interesting, definitely. Got her own magics, probably. Same case as Wintertusk, absolutely.

But what of mentioned worlds? Well, none of them have really had enough elaboration to definitively host a magical academy, so I suppose not for now. But in Pirate101? Skull Island with Hoodoo could work, Monquista (I think) is like Marleybone, Cool Ranch I definitely doubt; and Valencia is anti-magic.

So that's a lot of jumbled information, and I hope you enjoy that for a while because I have to go now.
So, what characters could we have? This is the fun part:

Ninja Pigs, Goat Monks, Samoorai - These 3 classes hail from the mystic lands of Mooshu, and are trained in one of 3 schools: Rock, Water & Air.

Dragonspyrians, Mice - These 2 classes hail from Khrysalis, the former from Morganthe's armies, and are trained in one of 2 schools: Crystal & Shadow.

Water Moles, Marleybonians, Celestians - These 3 classes hail from Celestia, and are trained in one of 3 schools: Sun, Moon & Star.

I'd love to have these different races for aesthetic purposes, but if certain classes gave certain stat boosts, then that would be even better. But what are these schools?

Rock is the school that manipulates that which is solid around us. Many first assume this school is one of brute force and strength, but they forget that in Mooshu; Rock is representative of the mind. Members of this school of magic are grounded both in thoughts and strength. With high accuracy and health, but low speed and not much damage; this is a class for those pure of mind and patient of heart.

Water is often disregarded as a peaceful school, but it is quite the opposite. Even the calmest of oceans is prone to riptides and rogue currents, much as even the calmest disciples of Water contain the rage of a thousand tsunamis. Water magic holds strong damage, medium-low health & speed, and low accuracy; this is for those pure of body and true of strength.

Wind is a lesser known magic to the other two, not owning a dojo in Jade Palace, but rather than the spiritual school of Air being any lesser because of this; they are actually the ones who made the Moodha Statue in Jade Palace. This school may not be grounded like Rock, and may not be as strong as Water; but high speed & accuracy, medium-low health and low damage place this school as formidable opponents.

But I'm out of space.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
exp613 on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Interesting ideas... Perhaps you can think of each of the 7 Schools at Ravenwood as essentially "majors." As we venture throughout the Spiral we often have narrated events told to us via Grandmother Raven which to me suggests that we are somehow connected or at the very least important to her. I propose that the reason that we see different creatures as different schools is because Grandmother Raven gives us that information essentially telling us what each creatures major is and what kind of magic it will most likely use. It is also known that higher level Wizards/creatures can use more than just their school of focus for example we can all cast Kraken if we have 4 pips regardless of our school. However, those that have specialized in Storm magic are able to cast Kraken more easily because they have an affinity for Storm magic.

I don't think that just because Mooshu, Weirwood, Avalon, Khrysalis have magic that that necessarily means that there are schools there (let alone that they are organized like Ravenwood). They may be home-schooled, taught by a sensei, (like Morganthe with Ambrose) or be naturally magically inclined (who's ever heard of a non-magical fairy). The Weirwood would be older than Ravenwood as an area anyway as Merle founded Ravenwood.

There are probably all types of Magic schools, (it's just biased to think that Ravenwood is the only way things can be done.) I agree that Ravenwoods is the Hogwarts of the Spiral and perhaps Wysteria is the Ilvermorny in that it was based off of the prior school, however I'm sure there is a Durmstrang via Dragonspyre and maybe as you suggest a Mahoutokoro in Mooshu or other Wizard schools/ ways to learn magic. Again though to think that magic is only learned as school is a bit near-sighted and prejudiced. (Not all Wizards go to Hogwarts, though a lot do, in HarryPotterLand). I still am for the theory that there is a Light School in opposition to Shadow, but we'll have to see, feel free to see that thread.
Good luck!
Your first paragraph brings up an interesting theory, but at half-past midnight I'm afraid I can't respond to it yet.

Your second paragraph I must disagree with. Because the Tournament at Wysteria was not a case of 'if you know magic then sign up'; it was an Inter-School Tournament. For this reason I believe that Mirage, Mooshu & Avalon (at least the Weirwood part) have magical academies.

I like your connection to HP schools, but I think Wysteria would be more Beauxbatons, and perhaps Wallaru might have a Native American academy for magic (we know Jaki learnt to be the best Sorcerer somewhere). I doubt Zafaria has a Uagadou, I hope Azteca or a different Inca world has a Castelobruxo of sorts. But with this, I've clearly gone with the idea of a Mahoutokoro, Morganthe's Academy & Celestia Nova.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Your first paragraph brings up an interesting theory, but at half-past midnight I'm afraid I can't respond to it yet.

Your second paragraph I must disagree with. Because the Tournament at Wysteria was not a case of 'if you know magic then sign up'; it was an Inter-School Tournament. For this reason I believe that Mirage, Mooshu & Avalon (at least the Weirwood part) have magical academies.

I like your connection to HP schools, but I think Wysteria would be more Beauxbatons, and perhaps Wallaru might have a Native American academy for magic (we know Jaki learnt to be the best Sorcerer somewhere). I doubt Zafaria has a Uagadou, I hope Azteca or a different Inca world has a Castelobruxo of sorts. But with this, I've clearly gone with the idea of a Mahoutokoro, Morganthe's Academy & Celestia Nova.
Jaki is probably not from Wallaru. Wallaru is not Native American themed, but is more Australian themed (again see June 2016 Newsletter under Zander) as I said before she just mentioned Wallaru when she got it confused with Zafaria.

Again, I guess we need to expand our definition of school/academy as I just don't think that all of them would function the same as Ravenwood/Pigswick does with the sorting into various schools. The training under a Sensei I guess could still count as a school.

If Celestia had a school, I bet it is now defunct like Dragonspyre.

Also what is Morganthe's Acadeemy and Celestia Nova?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015

I think Dragonspyre Academy would teach Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, and Death as you listed (how did you find out that they taught Ice, Storm, Myth, and Death?) and Life. I don't think they would teach Balance, but maybe another school. Why? Balance is a recently created school by Alhazred. As far as we know, he only told Wizard City and Krokotopia about it. That leaves an opening for a new school in Dragonspyre Academy.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
So, what characters could we have? This is the fun part:

Ninja Pigs, Goat Monks, Samoorai - These 3 classes hail from the mystic lands of Mooshu, and are trained in one of 3 schools: Rock, Water & Air.

Dragonspyrians, Mice - These 2 classes hail from Khrysalis, the former from Morganthe's armies, and are trained in one of 2 schools: Crystal & Shadow.

Water Moles, Marleybonians, Celestians - These 3 classes hail from Celestia, and are trained in one of 3 schools: Sun, Moon & Star.

I'd love to have these different races for aesthetic purposes, but if certain classes gave certain stat boosts, then that would be even better. But what are these schools?

Rock is the school that manipulates that which is solid around us. Many first assume this school is one of brute force and strength, but they forget that in Mooshu; Rock is representative of the mind. Members of this school of magic are grounded both in thoughts and strength. With high accuracy and health, but low speed and not much damage; this is a class for those pure of mind and patient of heart.

Water is often disregarded as a peaceful school, but it is quite the opposite. Even the calmest of oceans is prone to riptides and rogue currents, much as even the calmest disciples of Water contain the rage of a thousand tsunamis. Water magic holds strong damage, medium-low health & speed, and low accuracy; this is for those pure of body and true of strength.

Wind is a lesser known magic to the other two, not owning a dojo in Jade Palace, but rather than the spiritual school of Air being any lesser because of this; they are actually the ones who made the Moodha Statue in Jade Palace. This school may not be grounded like Rock, and may not be as strong as Water; but high speed & accuracy, medium-low health and low damage place this school as formidable opponents.

But I'm out of space.
Define 'speed' when you are describing the MooShu schools?

Also, what are you basing this stuff about the MooShu schools on (more specifically their stats)?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015

Where are you getting all these names like Castelobruxo?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Fable Finder on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Where are you getting all these names like Castelobruxo?
These are Harry Potter Wizarding Schools. You can read about them on Pottermore.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
K, I'm back to the idea that Avalon doesn't have a magical school like Ravenwood. I just recently completed the Always After Me Charms Quest from Fianna Yellowknife in Avalon. She explicitly states in the dialogue (you have to scroll down and click expand) that she did not attend a magical school like Ravenwood. Yet she obviously knows magic as she taught my Balance Supernova just the other day.