Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What should I spend my training points on?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Hello all! I am currently lvl 76 death wizard and I have 13 training points and no idea what I should spend them on. Any ideas?

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Use them on the sun school to make your spell more powerfull and star to also make all your spells powerfull by 25% for 4 rounds. You may have to visit different worlds to get certain astral spells. Good luck!.

-110 Myth wizard

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Trigon101060 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
Use them on the sun school to make your spell more powerfull and star to also make all your spells powerfull by 25% for 4 rounds. You may have to visit different worlds to get certain astral spells. Good luck!.

-110 Myth wizard
I have all the sun spells and all of the auras. I am now in azteca and bought sharpen blade and potent trap and STILL have 16 points left.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
For my non-Balance wizards I train Elemental Blade and Trap for Ice, Fire, and Storm, and Spirit Blade and Trap for Life, Death, and Myth. For non-Death wizards I train up to Feint, and non-Ice wizards up to Tower Shield. I train Infallible and the Azteca school auras in Star, and Tough - Colossal, Potent Trap, and Sharpened Blade in Sun (Life, Balance, and Storm also learn Primordial). So far in Shadow I haven't trained any outside of the ones you get free.

I don't remember if I retrained all of the school shields and dispels from Wizard City trainers after I bought back my points, but I had those at one point too.

If you've got all of those, or at least the ones you want, save the rest of your points. I've got about the same amount of training points left after buying the spells I want. You never know what spells are coming, especially with the Arcanum. I suspect they may be a whole new school of spells coming, maybe some Light utility spells, or something along those lines.

When I first started, I wasted training points, and it was years before the free buyback came around so that I could correct that mistake. For a while there were times when my first wizard had to wait until he completed a Zeke quest, or another quest that gave you a training point before he could buy some of the Astral spells I really wanted. I'm not in a hurry to put myself in that situation again.

It's not like the training points go stale or get taken away if you don't use them. Just save them so that they're there when spells come along that you really want.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Honestly, I'm 110 death and I just saved my training points. I reset my spells a long time ago, around level 60 I think, and haven't needed many extra spells since then. Based on my level and play style I don't need a secondary school and it sounds like you don't either. I don't see many people with secondary schools and I think KI originally meant for secondary schools to stay viable for longer than they actually did. Every now and then I'll get a spell that I know I'll use when free tourneys come around, but that's about it. I got stun block from diego in unicorn way, storm shield from Sabrine Greenstar in the commons, for some reason I have brimstone revenant in my spellbook even though I never use it and didn't craft it (??), spirit trap and spirit from the balance tree in KT, reshuffle from Mildred Farseer (in Colossus Blvd), Samoorai, which I won from Loremaster and never use lol, I trained Sun up to Colossal and got sharpened blade, potent trap and Virulence from the star trainer in AZ, and Shadow Sentinel and Dark Shepherd from who knows where in KH (also ones I don't really use, but maybe someday I will?). I've been getting along very well and finished PL pretty fast with no troubles, and I still have 37 training points left sooooooo... :P

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Starblood653 on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
Honestly, I'm 110 death and I just saved my training points. I reset my spells a long time ago, around level 60 I think, and haven't needed many extra spells since then. Based on my level and play style I don't need a secondary school and it sounds like you don't either. I don't see many people with secondary schools and I think KI originally meant for secondary schools to stay viable for longer than they actually did. Every now and then I'll get a spell that I know I'll use when free tourneys come around, but that's about it. I got stun block from diego in unicorn way, storm shield from Sabrine Greenstar in the commons, for some reason I have brimstone revenant in my spellbook even though I never use it and didn't craft it (??), spirit trap and spirit from the balance tree in KT, reshuffle from Mildred Farseer (in Colossus Blvd), Samoorai, which I won from Loremaster and never use lol, I trained Sun up to Colossal and got sharpened blade, potent trap and Virulence from the star trainer in AZ, and Shadow Sentinel and Dark Shepherd from who knows where in KH (also ones I don't really use, but maybe someday I will?). I've been getting along very well and finished PL pretty fast with no troubles, and I still have 37 training points left sooooooo... :P
I'm happy KI is finally making some useful spells for us to spend our points on! I can't wait for the test realm update to come to live realm