Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I learn from Niles?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I am a level 59 myth wizard with no damage increasing spells but Mythblade , Myth Trap , Time of Legend , Strong , and Giant .

Though I have recently been wondering if I should learn the Spirit Blade = spell and the Spirit Trap = spell from Niles the balance tree.

The thing is though, I have been keeping with the pattern of only getting storm spells, myth spells and sun spells and I do not know if I should get a couple of Balance spells that would ruin by pattern.

If I get the Balance spells, my deck will have a couple of them and my deck will be a little messed up.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
First of all, as a fellow myth, the storm spells are useless for you. Here's what you should do:
Get a training point Buyback
Train ice up to Tower shield,
Train death up to Feint,
Train life up to satyr ONLY if you have a life mastery.
Train sun spells for damage only, do not get the accuracy ones.
Star spells that are useful would be Infallible, Vengeance, Conviction, and Fortify.
Train spirit blades and traps. along with Reshuffle from the secret trainer in colossus boulevard.
You could also learn Weakness, Infection, and Stun block/Cloak if you plan on pvping.
Hope this helps,
~RainbowHeart

Defender
May 23, 2009
buzz123432 on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
I am a level 59 myth wizard with no damage increasing spells but Mythblade , Myth Trap , Time of Legend , Strong , and Giant .

Though I have recently been wondering if I should learn the Spirit Blade = spell and the Spirit Trap = spell from Niles the balance tree.

The thing is though, I have been keeping with the pattern of only getting storm spells, myth spells and sun spells and I do not know if I should get a couple of Balance spells that would ruin by pattern.

If I get the Balance spells, my deck will have a couple of them and my deck will be a little messed up.
It doesn't hurt to get spirit blade and spirit trap if you have the training points for it. However, in my experience, myth does well even without both of those spells. If you get those spells, they will be put in your deck if there is room, but you can remove them.

Question: Why are you training storm spells?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Spirit blades and traps are always a good idea for myth. Many cheating bosses remove single blades when cast. You can bypass this cheat by using the spirit blade and only lose the life.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
TPG Miserie on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
It doesn't hurt to get spirit blade and spirit trap if you have the training points for it. However, in my experience, myth does well even without both of those spells. If you get those spells, they will be put in your deck if there is room, but you can remove them.

Question: Why are you training storm spells?
Sorry for being a little late getting this out but, to answer you're question,

I train storm spells because if ever I am fighting a myth enemy, I will be able to cast spells that deal a boost in damage instead of a decrease in damage, I have always thought it wise to choose you're opposite school.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
buzz123432 on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:

I train storm spells because if ever I am fighting a myth enemy, I will be able to cast spells that deal a boost in damage instead of a decrease in damage, I have always thought it wise to choose you're opposite school.
Eventually though, it will just be better for you to use your Myth Prism. Eventually....

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
buzz123432 on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:

Prisms are much more effective that opposite school spells. You get all the benefits of your gear boost, blades and traps PLUS the boost from storm. Off school attacks are NEVER a good idea.