Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP: KingsIsle can you please listen to this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
I've noticed a lot of people have quit Wizard101 PvP due to the high level of unfairness in the game.
I myself am a Level 50 rank 2000+ and I am quite sick of the way higher levels crit.

Crit has made PvP extremely unfair. Grandmasters rarely ever PvP. I thought PvP was about skill, not about luck! The First and Second age were fairer than this one. Third Age is the worst so far.

KingIsle- What are the odds that you will remove crit from PvP? There have been posts that really want crit to be removed from PvP completely, as this causes great unfairness. Crit has made a lot of skilled players lose repeatedly to players who don't have the slightest clue of what they're doing (e.g. Storm bolt spammers).

I think the Wizard101 community really needs this. I can't stress it enough. PvP crit needs to be removed.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Something tells me you might be making this post again in a few years.

Edit: Correction... making this post several times over the next few years.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
Mr Talon on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
Something tells me you might be making this post again in a few years.

Edit: Correction... making this post several times over the next few years.
Ironically this is the first and possibly last post that I will make regarding this issue. No idea how you came up with that assumption...

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
My point was not if you personally will or won't post about this topic again. Regardless of if you do or don't post again, Kingsisle has demonstrated they have no interest in seriously addressing PVP. Despite the endless amount of posts from players.

No one was complaining about critical. Critical block yes, but not critical. Nevertheless they rolled out this complete revamp. They seem to be a little deaf when it comes to the state of PVP.

Seems like you took offence, wasn't meant to offend you.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
If they listen to you, I hope they listen to me. KI, please dont change PVE anymore based on the endless complaints of the PVPers. I am a PVPer too but I accept that this game is mainly about PVE. If you must change something, change it only in the Arena. Thanks.

Amber

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
AmberRavenSong7 on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:
If they listen to you, I hope they listen to me. KI, please dont change PVE anymore based on the endless complaints of the PVPers. I am a PVPer too but I accept that this game is mainly about PVE. If you must change something, change it only in the Arena. Thanks.

Amber
Agreed, Amber, Indeed.
I do both pvp and pve on multiple chars - they are different Animals when it comes to gameplay.
Many are posting about revamps for Arena (which is valid). There should be a different setup now since so much has changed.
Pve stinks now and so does Pvp. maybe they should separate the two? (option for no critical matches maybe?)

Pve is the Base of the Game, It shouldn't be messed with anymore.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
Mr Talon on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:
My point was not if you personally will or won't post about this topic again. Regardless of if you do or don't post again, Kingsisle has demonstrated they have no interest in seriously addressing PVP. Despite the endless amount of posts from players.

No one was complaining about critical. Critical block yes, but not critical. Nevertheless they rolled out this complete revamp. They seem to be a little deaf when it comes to the state of PVP.

Seems like you took offence, wasn't meant to offend you.
Yeah, I understand.

If people complain about crit block, the solution has to do with crit. Always.
If Crit persists in PvP, people will always complain about the lack of crit block (or too much crit from their opponents)... But this means they have a problem with crit.

And I do too, because PvP is supposed to be fair. Crit makes it not fair. At all. It makes it more like someone needs to get lucky whether they're skilled or not.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
LifeyLeafy on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
I've noticed a lot of people have quit Wizard101 PvP due to the high level of unfairness in the game.
I myself am a Level 50 rank 2000+ and I am quite sick of the way higher levels crit.

Crit has made PvP extremely unfair. Grandmasters rarely ever PvP. I thought PvP was about skill, not about luck! The First and Second age were fairer than this one. Third Age is the worst so far.

KingIsle- What are the odds that you will remove crit from PvP? There have been posts that really want crit to be removed from PvP completely, as this causes great unfairness. Crit has made a lot of skilled players lose repeatedly to players who don't have the slightest clue of what they're doing (e.g. Storm bolt spammers).

I think the Wizard101 community really needs this. I can't stress it enough. PvP crit needs to be removed.
I don't think going to remove critical because more update coming for wizard101!

trouble winning pvp (make jade pets)

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
LifeyLeafy on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:

Actually its quite fair. Warlords go up against private high lvls thats how it works. But is it really fair for us? Or is your strategy just out of sync.

Imagine if PVP higher lvls couldnt crit. How the heck would we win against warlords? Is it really that fair? We dont get a chance? I am sincerely quitting pvp because its so broken

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I'm not sure taking out critical is the solution to the problem. I still believe It is the matching system. Well one of the problems is lol.

I've said this before and so have many others, no matter how high your rank is as a lower level warlord, you should not be matched up against wizards twice your level+. The matching systems parameters should be more narrow. You shouldn't be matched with any wizard more then 20 levels above or below you.

Or there could just be fixed groups to which you can participate in. Say 1 - 20, 21 - 40, 41 - 60, 61 - 80, etc.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
Actually its quite fair. Warlords go up against private high lvls thats how it works. But is it really fair for us? Or is your strategy just out of sync.

Imagine if PVP higher lvls couldnt crit. How the heck would we win against warlords? Is it really that fair? We dont get a chance? I am sincerely quitting pvp because its so broken
I found a way around lvl 50 warlords! :D