Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You Made A...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
I recently decided to take up crafting on one of my newly made wizards. I was able to reach CL crafting in one day. So far it's been great. But I do find something to be a little annoying. Whenever you craft something, whether it be gear, housing items, or transmuting, this little message pops up saying "You Made A (Insert Item You Just Made Here)". It lasts for around 3 seconds and while it's up, you can't do anything. You can't exit the crafting overlay, or even click the Create button while this message is up.

I know it's a very small thing, that some might not even notice, but I find it to be a unnecessary nuisance that can easily be removed, or edited. My idea is, either get rid of that message popping up entirely, but I don't think that needs to happen. Or allow the player to still be able to exit the crafting overlay, or click the Create button again while the message is still up. This message especially gets annoying when I'm trying to transmute multiple reagents, and have to wait for the message to fade away every time I click Create.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
WizardryMastery on Jun 11, 2016 wrote:
I recently decided to take up crafting on one of my newly made wizards. I was able to reach CL crafting in one day. So far it's been great. But I do find something to be a little annoying. Whenever you craft something, whether it be gear, housing items, or transmuting, this little message pops up saying "You Made A (Insert Item You Just Made Here)". It lasts for around 3 seconds and while it's up, you can't do anything. You can't exit the crafting overlay, or even click the Create button while this message is up.

I know it's a very small thing, that some might not even notice, but I find it to be a unnecessary nuisance that can easily be removed, or edited. My idea is, either get rid of that message popping up entirely, but I don't think that needs to happen. Or allow the player to still be able to exit the crafting overlay, or click the Create button again while the message is still up. This message especially gets annoying when I'm trying to transmute multiple reagents, and have to wait for the message to fade away every time I click Create.
This is too true. Once I had to transmute about 25 fossils and 40 black pearls, and I HATED this. I fully second the idea to remove it as it's rather useless.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Oh, yes, this is annoying especially when transmuting; but please realize some players need to know that they completed that task - you know the craft quests depend on it.
So being told "You made a Stinger of the Scorpion", for instance, is helpful, because what if there was a problem or a glitch and you didn't manage to complete the task and you're wondering what happened? and where is it?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
Oh, yes, this is annoying especially when transmuting; but please realize some players need to know that they completed that task - you know the craft quests depend on it.
So being told "You made a Stinger of the Scorpion", for instance, is helpful, because what if there was a problem or a glitch and you didn't manage to complete the task and you're wondering what happened? and where is it?
An idea for this problem would be if it's the first of that item you crafted in that use of the crafting table. For instance, crafting 3 Blood Moss in one go would give you one alert and be done faster than now. However, if you leave the crafting interface and rejoin it, then you would get 2/3 alerts. Crafting 3 Blood Moss and then 2 Black Pearls would give you one Blood Moss alert and one Black Pearl alert. This helps you with certain quests. Or of course the alert could open only on items and not reagents/snacks/TCs/jewels.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
If they need to know whether they crafted it they can check with three different ways. If for a quest, they will get the "Goal Complete" text which everyone gets after completing a quest. Or they can see if they have less of the necessary reagents they had than they did before clicking the craft button. Or even just check their backpack to see if the item they wanted to craft is in there.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Then we should be able to click through it instead of waiting around for the popup to go away on its own. We absolutely should not have to wait for it to finally decide to toddle off when those of us who know full well what we just did don't need any extra help.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I agree! I hope this comes to KI's attention really soon!

Joshua Summerheart, Level 110
Jason Summerspear, Level 110

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
It is pretty annoying I personally think it should be toggle-able like the tutorial alert bubble things, or chat bubbles

Defender
Nov 14, 2015