Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there a limit on the Friends List?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Every single time I want to add someone new as a friend, I have to delete someone from the friends list just to add them. This is really irritating. Can someone please tell me why there is a limit on friends?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Probably some technical limitations. It would be really nice if there was an easier way to remove friends though.....

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
i think a better question is why the ignore list has a limit. bad, mean, and rude people abound its finding those nice few that is rough

friends list understandably has a limit (though not appreciated) to possibly have people focus on who they actually want as friends instead of adding everyone they come across.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
the reason why is because if that were so the friends list would overflow and the storage could get very heavy and make the game very laggy

KI is actually smart that they didn't make an unlimited friends list

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I think that it's good there is a limit on the amount of friends you can make. From what I know, having too many friends is arbitrary. Chances are, they will go inactive after a while. Imagine 4 years' worth of inactive friends in an unlimited friends list. *shudders*

Melissa Smith - Grandmaster Sorcerer Lvl. 51

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Everelda on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
i think a better question is why the ignore list has a limit. bad, mean, and rude people abound its finding those nice few that is rough

friends list understandably has a limit (though not appreciated) to possibly have people focus on who they actually want as friends instead of adding everyone they come across.
I asked Ki support Over a year ago and they said the ignore list does NOT have a limit. I currently have about 116 People On Ignore. I had over 200 last year.

Btw having Infinite number of friends would be nice. Although It would be a lot of work.. I suppose we should be able to buy some potion to increase Our lists I suppose.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Maycast on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
I asked Ki support Over a year ago and they said the ignore list does NOT have a limit. I currently have about 116 People On Ignore. I had over 200 last year.

Btw having Infinite number of friends would be nice. Although It would be a lot of work.. I suppose we should be able to buy some potion to increase Our lists I suppose.
BalanceMythHarmony is right. A long list of long gone friends is all most people would wind up with. I've got lots of inactive friends, and I just don't delete them because it's a painstaking process going through the list, restarting at the beginning every time I remove someone. I can't imagine having to do that with hundreds, or even thousands of people who have been added over the years.

The other thing a limit does is eventually gives people a few moments of peace from an endless supply of friend requests. When you have a limit, you need to select your friends wisely. When others have a limit, you won't be inundated with friend requests from everyone who walks by you. You'll still get the players starting out who just throw requests around all willy-nilly in the Commons, but as you advance in the game the friend requests begin to lessen in the other worlds. I guess some people don't see that as a good thing, but others do.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Probably because you wouldn't know where anyone is on your list and it would be burping with how many friends you have. Also, let's say a plus of lag.

--Fiona
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Well. I can totally understand this first look. T.S. Eliot, good job.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
They could at least double the friend's list for non members. It's a pain to have to constantly remove my friends.
Sad.