Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion: An opposite to shadow magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2013
I suggest that a new type of magic be added into the next world of Wizard101: an opposite to magic. This would be super cool if added.

Not completely sure what it should be called, but obviously something along the lines of "Light" probably.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah, there are lots of old posts about this that you can read.
Some people say that the 7 Schools: are light magic.
Some say that the Astral Schools: are light magic because they are all sources of light.

I think that it would be cool if they introduced "Light" Magic that was similar to Shadow Magic, but my theory is that that element like "Light pips" "triple pip for your school and/or an alternate version of shadow pip won't be introduced for a while yet. We will have to see though.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2013
exp613 on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, there are lots of old posts about this that you can read.
Some people say that the 7 Schools: are light magic.
Some say that the Astral Schools: are light magic because they are all sources of light.

I think that it would be cool if they introduced "Light" Magic that was similar to Shadow Magic, but my theory is that that element like "Light pips" "triple pip for your school and/or an alternate version of shadow pip won't be introduced for a while yet. We will have to see though.
Or, if they introduced some kind of "enhanced" astral magic; that would also be a cool idea for light magic.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Light magic is what my friends and I have been talking about for a long time, ever since magic came out (btw, I think colors should have been black and purple, not dark purple and light blue)
Light magic should be similar to shadow magic, such as having transformations and aiding forces (like dark nova, dark fiend, etc)
There should also be spells that directly combat shadow magic
Here's an idea
Spell name: Illumination
Pip cost: 1 light pip (should turn normal pips light blue like in the trailer and make light pips white), 4 normal pips
Image: a corroding shadow school symbol with rays of light above it)
Effect: After first round of transformation or creature, trigger backlash and cancel spell, receive half of the backlash

Just an idea, I will leave the rest to Kingsisle

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I'd love to see an opposite to Shadow, I do after all not want to EVER learn shadow magic or have a pip chance for it, and so it would be cool to have a light magic school.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
buzz123432 on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
I'd love to see an opposite to Shadow, I do after all not want to EVER learn shadow magic or have a pip chance for it, and so it would be cool to have a light magic school.
Then you will sadly be stuck in Khrysalis and should not complete Darkmoor as especially in Khrysalis it is kind of thrust upon you. Thus you begin to dabble in Shadow, and it is necessary if you are to save the Spiral from Morganthe. I do hope, that eventually we will have a chance for redemption from dabbling in Shadow and I imagine that we will.

There is a bit of light and a bit of darkness in everyone I suppose.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Light magic is every school BUT Shadow. It already has it's opposite. It's not "some people" it's been very clear in the storyline. The seven schools of Ravenwood and Astral magic are ALL "Light" magic. Shadow is counter to every school. If you didn't notice that you weren't paying much attention.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
buzz123432 on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
Why don't you want to learn shadow magic?
Some of the spells and the power it can add to the spells you already have makes it real handy to have.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
seethe42 on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
Light magic is every school BUT Shadow. It already has it's opposite. It's not "some people" it's been very clear in the storyline. The seven schools of Ravenwood and Astral magic are ALL "Light" magic. Shadow is counter to every school. If you didn't notice that you weren't paying much attention.
It's still "some people" and we'll add the category of it being all 7 plus the 3 Astral schools. Personally, I know that it refers to these schools as light magic, but that doesn't mean that it will be/they will never introduce Light Magic as it's own separate school. I don't know the exact details, but I saw a post before it was removed that had some interesting ideas and where it was removed makes me think that they are considering some elements of that removed post. (It was very specific hence why it was probably removed).

Furthermore, we are in "The Dorms" not the Commons, so we are just exploring ideas mostly, some or none of this may ever make it into the game.

I think that having a School of Light would make more sense, but I also feel that it would be highly exalted magic, and perhaps only those like Lady Nightstar, Bartleby and the Auroracle would be that school. Encompassing, mastery of all the "normal" schools etc. To say that Bartleby is part of the Life school or whatever I feel is to undercut the fact he created the Spiral and has existed before the Spiral even was. If we get Light Magic that behaves in a manner similar to shadow, I feel that it would also be like how we are with Shadow, just a dabble.