Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reworking the stun after effect for Medusa

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
We have reached where stuns are very easy to counter where people have like 2-3 or more stuns blocks and convcitons (or even stun resist in gear) in main or side. So stuns which is what myth used to have best for combos is now a only lucky table turn around ( as in if they don't stun block, resist or conviction). So i thought since medusa can't be relied on anymore for the stun ( besides damage) we could maybe change that, I was thinking of for example: if someone has stun block on ( 2 stun shields ) Medusa's stun would take off 2 of the stun shields since i't's a 2 round stun spell. If the person had 1 stun block on, it medusa's stun would take off that 1 stun block and still stun the opponent for 1 round. This way the we can somehow rely on using medusa more and get the use of the the stun after effect instead of just taking 1 stun shield off . It would be great to be able to use our myth spells in combos with its effect not being so easily countered. This doesn't seem to op ( like look at fire) but this can help myth to not have most of their good combos being shut down because they just poped a convcition, stun resist or stun block. Imo when the block on conviction got nerfed i was kinda hoping the stun resist on it would too but then people would complain about it so yeah .

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
no! wizard101 just needs to increase the amount of stun block you get when medusa stuns you. Its too op! Like Medusa stuns for 2 rounds then it just needs someone to choke it then Medusa again! Its unfair and needs to be updated!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
SanicTheHegFlame on May 30, 2016 wrote:
We have reached where stuns are very easy to counter where people have like 2-3 or more stuns blocks and convcitons (or even stun resist in gear) in main or side. So stuns which is what myth used to have best for combos is now a only lucky table turn around ( as in if they don't stun block, resist or conviction). So i thought since medusa can't be relied on anymore for the stun ( besides damage) we could maybe change that, I was thinking of for example: if someone has stun block on ( 2 stun shields ) Medusa's stun would take off 2 of the stun shields since i't's a 2 round stun spell. If the person had 1 stun block on, it medusa's stun would take off that 1 stun block and still stun the opponent for 1 round. This way the we can somehow rely on using medusa more and get the use of the the stun after effect instead of just taking 1 stun shield off . It would be great to be able to use our myth spells in combos with its effect not being so easily countered. This doesn't seem to op ( like look at fire) but this can help myth to not have most of their good combos being shut down because they just poped a convcition, stun resist or stun block. Imo when the block on conviction got nerfed i was kinda hoping the stun resist on it would too but then people would complain about it so yeah .
Great ideas.
it is frustrating that Bosses are stun immune pretty consistently once you hit a certain level; what is the point then?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I disagree, I waste an entire turn putting them on, and their only purpose is to block two incoming stuns, which my opponent may not even have. On top of this, just because people carry stun block or conviction doesn't mean they'll find it in time. I feel that medusa would be very unbalanced if what you say happened. Just remember you keep your opponent from doing anything for 2 whole turns if they aren't stun blocked. Sorry to disagree but I think that would hurt the game.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
DevinSkullStone on May 31, 2016 wrote:
no! wizard101 just needs to increase the amount of stun block you get when medusa stuns you. Its too op! Like Medusa stuns for 2 rounds then it just needs someone to choke it then Medusa again! Its unfair and needs to be updated!
I forgot to explain more but this is what else i should have said.

If the person got stunned by medusa even for 1 round as i explained, the caster of medusa can't stun again for 2 rounds it sounds kinda fair to me imo.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
ElectroCat on May 31, 2016 wrote:
I disagree, I waste an entire turn putting them on, and their only purpose is to block two incoming stuns, which my opponent may not even have. On top of this, just because people carry stun block or conviction doesn't mean they'll find it in time. I feel that medusa would be very unbalanced if what you say happened. Just remember you keep your opponent from doing anything for 2 whole turns if they aren't stun blocked. Sorry to disagree but I think that would hurt the game.
waste an entire turn vs myth wasting their turn of using up 8 pips while blocking the stun is 0 pips ( besides damage) lol. People ( even most warlords do this) pack more than 1 stun block so even if the myth gets rid of one cause of medusa put on another one and same thing goes for conviction. If you can't find your stun blocks then that's as most people say.. deck setup ( maybe as in poor deck setup cause too much cards you may not need is in there) that usually gets in the way of you not getting the cards you want.

If the medusa stun lands i think it would be fair if the person who used medusa can't stun again for 2 more rounds ( so this cancels chain stuns)or as the person said above add more stun blocks to it if medusa stuns you so lets say if medusa stunned you for 1 round like i said you get 1 stun block and the caster can't stun for 2 rounds. If medusa hits you and your stunned for 2 rounds you get 3 stun blocks on you, fair? cause i honestly don't see a problem with this. Even if people wanna continue to disagree with me plz at least explain why you do ( not saying you only i'm talking about other people too here).

While other people can have spells ( besides storm and myth) hit and def at same time like lore, efreet ( yes efreet counts) lum weaver, abom weaver etc, myth only has 1 really good stun spell which is medusa where KI made it so easy to counter, They gave Stun block, Conviction and stun resist. With all the counters to stuns mostly to medusa people have i don't see a problem with what i explained. If people still don't like it then i suggest this ( some people may not like it but i'm say it anyways)

Keep stun medusa the way it is in PVE

Make medusa give a +20 blade to self and -20 weakness to the enemy that got hit by medusa ( PVP version of medusa).

So again if people don't like it plz explain why or come up with a better solution or even mention a new lore spell that could help myth better as to where we don't need to change medusa .

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
in 1v1 pvp Medusa should place two stun shields.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
SanicTheHegFlame on May 30, 2016 wrote:
not gonna lie I thought it was suppose to place 2 the same first time I even seen medusa in the arena for awhile.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Let me start by saying that there is a list of things that need to be fixed in PvP, in my honest opinion none of what any of you have said is among them. First,

Do not overestimate the value of a Stun Block/Conviction.

The actual Defensive value of a Stun Block is just as it should be. You use up 1 turn to save yourself from 2 turns of Stun. That additional turn embodies the entire value of Stun Block. Remember that Stun Blocks apply no Offensive pressure and no Defensive Pressure. They don't heal you, damage your opponent, boost/reduce your outgoing or incoming damage or anything of the sort. Think of it this way, would you lose 1 Round to save yourself from losing 1 Round?

As for Convictions, while they do provide protection against Stuns AND Crits, the protection is minimal (in the Block case) and overall temporary. Conviction only lasts 4 Rounds. Granted it can be reapplied, but that's more turns your opponent is spending protecting against Stuns rather than damage (Shields, Weaknesses etc.) and while under Conviction, they can only get the benefits of Conviction. They cannot Infallible, Amplify, Furnace etc while you can.

Myth has the tools to work around this.

Myth is a PvP powerhouse School, especially so in 1v1. Not even mentioning Minions, Myth is the only school in the game to have access to 4 methods of Stun (Stun, Blinding Light, Medusa and Basilisk and not counting those obscure TCs like Myth Banshee) and one of only 2 schools to have a 0 Pip Stun, which is exceptionally useful for removing Stun Blocks. Use these tools to your advantage.

Medusa does not need a Buff or a Nerf.

While yes, Medusa's Stun is unlike any other in-game, the same could be said for its damage as an 8-Pip spell as well. At 770 damage, Snow Angel does the same amount but to all enemies, Efreet does 120 more damage and its amazing side effect can't even be blocked. So, if the opponent is currently Stun Immune, how useful is Medusa really?

Aaron MythBlade - 2nd Age PvP Warlord

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
BlueGnome on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
Let me start by saying that there is a list of things that need to be fixed in PvP, in my honest opinion none of what any of you have said is among them. First,

The actual Defensive value of a Stun Block is just as it should be. You use up 1 turn to save yourself from 2 turns of Stun. That additional turn embodies the entire value of Stun Block. Remember that Stun Blocks apply no Offensive pressure and no Defensive Pressure. They don't heal you, damage your opponent, boost/reduce your outgoing or incoming damage or anything of the sort. Think of it this way, would you lose 1 Round to save yourself from losing 1 Round?

As for Convictions, while they do provide protection against Stuns AND Crits, the protection is minimal (in the Block case) and overall temporary. Conviction only lasts 4 Rounds. Granted it can be reapplied, but that's more turns your opponent is spending protecting against Stuns rather than damage (Shields, Weaknesses etc.) and while under Conviction, they can only get the benefits of Conviction. They cannot Infallible, Amplify, Furnace etc while you can.

Myth is a PvP powerhouse School, especially so in 1v1. Not even mentioning Minions, Myth is the only school in the game to have access to 4 methods of Stun (Stun, Blinding Light, Medusa and Basilisk and not counting those obscure TCs like Myth Banshee) and one of only 2 schools to have a 0 Pip Stun, which is exceptionally useful for removing Stun Blocks. Use these tools to your advantage.

While yes, Medusa's Stun is unlike any other in-game, the same could be said for its damage as an 8-Pip spell as well. At 770 damage, Snow Angel does the same amount but to all enemies, Efreet does 120 more damage and its amazing side effect can't even be blocked. So, if the opponent is currently Stun Immune, how useful is Medusa really?

not useful vs against shadow magic wizard with shadow shrike & shadow enchanted spell

if add "new school" to ravenwood "school of shadow magic" to make a shadow magic wizard "medusa would be useful "shadow magic wizard would have "shadow magic dispel"

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
BlueGnome on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:

oh, so basically your saying i should carry along some convictions wasting some slots, not even guarenteed to get it in the first move, risk that the person isn't even myth, risk that the person doesn't even use that type of deck? bogus! Needs 2 stun shields when medusa is cast