Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helping Myth have a chance against top tiers (max)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
( death, storm and ice may need another lore spell ut i don't play those schools yet so i'm just talking myth here)

I've been in another forums and seeing some new ideas for Myth lore spells that can help them in max lvl pvp against Life, Balance, and ice ( mostly). Myth has some advatages with King art and Baba Yag., But lets say were fighting Balance here. Myth NEEDS their pips cause most of their strong hits are 5 pips and higher and Myth isn't a spamming kind of school ( Myth has keeper but it doesn't help so much in current meta as to other schools spamming and keeping shields up) Someone suggested for Keeper to put out 2 traps instead of 1 so we can make better use of the spell to combo into things like Minotaur or Orthrus ( even to brim does same thing it has more damage). Some people suggested a spell that is kinda like minotaur 4-5 pips but on the second hit it does 10% of current health which would help fight more against ice and balance as they can literally shield spam blade and weaver which does half or almost all our health leaving us at 1k while Ice has 5k - 6k health left maybe and balance just mana burning off our pips so we can hardly get a good hit in. It also helps against balance cause myth is not a spam school and needs pips but because or mana burn and lore spam, Myth can hardly fight back but just spam trolls and maybe keeper Lol. I'm not trying to sound Like myth is the only school struggling but Myth needs something to help them fight back cause since we can hardly stun anymore ( cause of stun resist, stun block and conviction), we hardly have any def moves like efreet, lore, lum weaver, abom weaver etc. Someone even suggested a 4 pip spell that almost does same damage as lore but leaves a 500 bronze absorb shield on self or a 4 pip spell that does almost same damage as lore and leaves a -20 weakness and +20 or +25 blade on self and lastly one that is a 5 pip spell that does more damage than frost bite and steals 2 pips from enemy. For how the steal pip spell after effect works is just like celestial calendar, so when it takes off even a power pip you get it back as a normal pip. Myth is a school made between Fire and Ice so a good def move or the minotaur like spell suggested above might be a good idea ( imo ) others can come up with something better but these are the ideas i see for now. This is my first thread so hopefully this is ok XD.

Also remember the most spell ideas in this post was from other people not me ( but the dot one that steals pips is my idea)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I have three options for how the future will play out and what should happen with Myth in all three scenarios.

First - KI does nothing and myth remains where it is at.
If this is what ends up happening, I think myth has the tools it needs to be decent in max pvp. But I do agree that it has a hard time standing up against schools that can spam attacks like balance and fire. On the other hand, there are different level ranges for a reason, some schools shine in certain level ranges, and are mediocre in others. Myth is really good at magus and grand, especially magus. But every school seems to be really good in legendary. So maybe try pvp'ing there.

Second - Shadow spells are removed from pvp like the community is pushing for.
This would hurt myth the most out of all the schools. Baba Yaga is a new spell myth relies on to stay competitive in the max meta. I totally agree that if this happens, myth needs a new spell that can stand up to balance, fire, and ice. If you guys remember, storm, fire, and life got new spells they could farm for. Myth needs a new spell that is really over powered for the 1v1 meta and can either be learned or farmed for.

Third - Myth receives a new spell to farm for.
It's no secret that myth clearly got the short end of the stick in spells you can farm for. Below are schools that got great 1v1 spells to farm for -
Fire - Brimstone Rev. and Burning Rampage
Ice - Winter Moon
Storm - Catch o' the day
Life - Weaver
Death - Deer Knight
Balance - LOREMASTER
Myth - N/A
As to why myth only got keeper, which is pretty trashy, is beyond me. The issue is that all those school can use those attacks at max for an insane amount of damage. So like I said, if Myth got a spell like one of those, it would probably be fixed.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
ElectroCat on May 30, 2016 wrote:
I have three options for how the future will play out and what should happen with Myth in all three scenarios.

First - KI does nothing and myth remains where it is at.
If this is what ends up happening, I think myth has the tools it needs to be decent in max pvp. But I do agree that it has a hard time standing up against schools that can spam attacks like balance and fire. On the other hand, there are different level ranges for a reason, some schools shine in certain level ranges, and are mediocre in others. Myth is really good at magus and grand, especially magus. But every school seems to be really good in legendary. So maybe try pvp'ing there.

Second - Shadow spells are removed from pvp like the community is pushing for.
This would hurt myth the most out of all the schools. Baba Yaga is a new spell myth relies on to stay competitive in the max meta. I totally agree that if this happens, myth needs a new spell that can stand up to balance, fire, and ice. If you guys remember, storm, fire, and life got new spells they could farm for. Myth needs a new spell that is really over powered for the 1v1 meta and can either be learned or farmed for.

Third - Myth receives a new spell to farm for.
It's no secret that myth clearly got the short end of the stick in spells you can farm for. Below are schools that got great 1v1 spells to farm for -
Fire - Brimstone Rev. and Burning Rampage
Ice - Winter Moon
Storm - Catch o' the day
Life - Weaver
Death - Deer Knight
Balance - LOREMASTER
Myth - N/A
As to why myth only got keeper, which is pretty trashy, is beyond me. The issue is that all those school can use those attacks at max for an insane amount of damage. So like I said, if Myth got a spell like one of those, it would probably be fixed.
To be honest i hate number 1 and 2 beginning half but like rest of half or 2 and number 3 Lol (Like no one likes to have their school ignored when they need something while every or most other schools got something that makes them way better and can easy beat you with what ever new thing they get). ( btw this may talk a lot more about myth vs balance but yea). ( this may not half to do with what you said but just saying)

I mentioned the Dot lore spell for myth cause as said, Myth is school where its NEEDS their pips so doing its job as shield breaking with a dot and getting pips back seems like it could help myth out a lot. Myth and Death ( i think they're on same boat for this) they're both schools that need to work for their damage ( besides death getting health back) but the spamming of spells like lore and shadow spells lowering our health way to fast ( mostly for myth) while they def and hit same time easily. This meta kinda makes me feel like i'm a storm just with a little extra health and lower damage. I was thinking of suggesting a Test realm for new lore spells so like the ones people made up can be test in a test realm arena and make a poll (in game) for which spell people think would help myth better. Also if it comes live and more people don't like it we can maybe buff it or something. Just something i thought.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
SanicTheHegFlame on May 31, 2016 wrote:
To be honest i hate number 1 and 2 beginning half but like rest of half or 2 and number 3 Lol (Like no one likes to have their school ignored when they need something while every or most other schools got something that makes them way better and can easy beat you with what ever new thing they get). ( btw this may talk a lot more about myth vs balance but yea). ( this may not half to do with what you said but just saying)

I mentioned the Dot lore spell for myth cause as said, Myth is school where its NEEDS their pips so doing its job as shield breaking with a dot and getting pips back seems like it could help myth out a lot. Myth and Death ( i think they're on same boat for this) they're both schools that need to work for their damage ( besides death getting health back) but the spamming of spells like lore and shadow spells lowering our health way to fast ( mostly for myth) while they def and hit same time easily. This meta kinda makes me feel like i'm a storm just with a little extra health and lower damage. I was thinking of suggesting a Test realm for new lore spells so like the ones people made up can be test in a test realm arena and make a poll (in game) for which spell people think would help myth better. Also if it comes live and more people don't like it we can maybe buff it or something. Just something i thought.
I do agree myth is put into an awkward position when it comes to damage. Yes myth can do damage, but the ways it does damage are very different for different spells, so you almost have to stick to a strategy that uses 1 or 2 attacks. Generally, myth likes blades because of their dot's and spells like Orthrus. But myth is kind of weird because it isn't a great school to spam with, nor is it an awesome school to blade stack then dot with. Below are 2 schools that are great at both attacking styles and why myth isn't as good.

Spam - fire - Fire is a really good school for it's mix of decent defense, and high offensive capability. Fire has plenty of damage to successfully spam really strong attacks such as Fire elf and Brimstone Rev., and easily get wins doing so. They also get access to spells like Power Link that can do solid damage while healing at the same time. And at 4 pips they can spam it too! Overall Fire is a good example of a school that can hold it's own while dishing out tons of pain.

Blade stacking - ice - Ice is a school that literally only needs 50-60 damage to be good. They can have almost as much resist as a jade, while being able to blade stack for 6 or so turns in order to have game ending dot's. The reason ice is a good blade stacking school, is because it's brokenly tanky. they have a disgusting amount of health and can easily pile the resist on to 60% with the right pet and gear. I actually am trying to use a ward pet, with an ice dealer jewel in legendary pvp to see how it works. So far it's amazing and I tank tons of hits, allowing me to take my time and blade for one hit wins.

Myth spam - myth doesn't have enough supportive spells, or good low pip spells, to pull off this strategy.
Myth Blade Stack - The better option usually, but myth lacks tanky health and needs the damage so they can't focus on resist like ice can.

The big kicker is that the 2 styles can't combine. They are polar opposites gear and pet wise, making myth even more weird.