Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hackers :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
okay so I was doing pvp right I did 1v1 then it lasted like an hour and I started getting suspicious. I always did pass cause I ran out of cards but she still had shields, blades, etc I thought it was only against your lvl and I was lvl 48(life) but she looked like she was lvl 98 or something.then she used frost giant like 3 times to kill me and I was like WHAT?!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Probably not a hacker, just a flaw of the system.

There is a lot of level discrepancy in the PvP system, which is one big complaint people have about it (besides criticals and shadow spells). It's not uncommon to be paired with someone who has many more levels on you.

Also, she probably packed a big deck (regular cards and maybe treasure), as well as Reshuffles.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
There is a card Called 'Shuffle' that you can obtain from Colossus Boulevard. This card allows you to get all of your cards back in your deck. Also, Frost Giant three times is not a cause for concern, many decks allow for a large amount of copies of the same card, for example I can have 7 copies of death cards in my current deck.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Just because she had more cards than you doesn't necessarily mean she is a hacker. You could have discarded more cards and had a smaller deck. (Some spell decks let you have 8 or more copies of a single spell and then a whole side deck etc). You also have to be careful of your settings when you PVP she very well could have been 98 if you had the check box to look outside your level checked (results in faster match-ups but less fair matches). I wonder if this wasn't the case. One strategy that you can do as an Ice (unless they changed, I haven't done PVP on my Ice in ages) is that you just try to outlast your opponents by shielding until they run out of cards. Perhaps she did this to you? It results in a long PVP match and you becoming everyone's sworn and most hated enemy but it works.

Best of luck!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
No clue how this relates to hacking or hackers.

If she seemed to be a level way higher you're almost certainly a much higher rank than she is.

In PvP, you get opponents who are either:

• Approximately your same rank + level
  • Higher rank, but lower level
  • Or Higher level but lower rank

That's how the system works.