Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guilds/Clans

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2014
So, most of people who played other MMOs know what these are, right? For those that don't, they're clans which are made up of 1-50 (can be more) people which can get some benefits from being in a clan and can rankup in said clan. Here's what I was thinking, if you make a guild you will have to name it, and everyone who joins will get the name of the clan above their name. To make a guild, you will need to pay a guildmaster quite a lot of gold. Guldmasters can be located somewhere in the Shopping District, Old town or even in one of the empty houses in the Commons.
What do you get from joining a guild aside from the cool name? Well, if you join a fight with one of your guildmates you could get a little bit extra exp and gold, there will be activities that everyone from one guild can participate in (Just fun little mini games!). Also, you could donate gold and reagents to the guild. The leader of the guild can then craft something for EVERYONE in the guild if enough gold and reagents are gathered! This could give some pretty cool armor (Not good stats though, just cosmetic) and some nice mounts.
And last, you will get guild chat! To access your guild menu, you will press a button or accessit from your magic book thingy, and then in your guild tab you will get a option to go into a guild chatroom. All the rules that stand for normal chat stand here, but I don't think it should be in the normal chat because there will be a lot of people talking!

So, what do you think?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Nicole ShadowSong on May 19, 2016 wrote:
So, most of people who played other MMOs know what these are, right? For those that don't, they're clans which are made up of 1-50 (can be more) people which can get some benefits from being in a clan and can rankup in said clan. Here's what I was thinking, if you make a guild you will have to name it, and everyone who joins will get the name of the clan above their name. To make a guild, you will need to pay a guildmaster quite a lot of gold. Guldmasters can be located somewhere in the Shopping District, Old town or even in one of the empty houses in the Commons.
What do you get from joining a guild aside from the cool name? Well, if you join a fight with one of your guildmates you could get a little bit extra exp and gold, there will be activities that everyone from one guild can participate in (Just fun little mini games!). Also, you could donate gold and reagents to the guild. The leader of the guild can then craft something for EVERYONE in the guild if enough gold and reagents are gathered! This could give some pretty cool armor (Not good stats though, just cosmetic) and some nice mounts.
And last, you will get guild chat! To access your guild menu, you will press a button or accessit from your magic book thingy, and then in your guild tab you will get a option to go into a guild chatroom. All the rules that stand for normal chat stand here, but I don't think it should be in the normal chat because there will be a lot of people talking!

So, what do you think?
Clans technically already exist in pvp. I see no reason to add it to PVE because you wouldn't be able to do much but it would be nice to officially add pvp only clans.

Lvl 110
Lvl 103
Lvl 27

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Interesting idea but did you know there is a group system already in the game? This would be a pretty cool expansion of a feature that no one ever uses except for tourneys and multi rider mounts

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hi Nicole,

It is an interesting idea, but I hope that they do not implement official guilds in Wizard101. I don't think I want to have "guild wars" and more people in the commons shouting "Join my Guild" etc. Couldn't you and a group of friends all just hangout in like the Chaos Classroom in Wysteria on such and such server or at someone's house and basically accomplish the same thing without having to spend tons of gold? I know way back when I was in Mooshu on my Balance there was a large group of us (7-10?) that all wore a certain outfit when we were just talking in someone's castle or the Library or wherever.

Your idea about a boost when you are with another member of your guild sounds cool, but let me tweak it just a little. What if that happened whenever you were with a certain school? This might could happen for only certain areas or dungeons, but say like if two Ice were together they would each give each other a 5 or 10% resist bonus or if a Life and Death Wizard were together they Life would get a +10% heal and Death +5 Critical or something (kind of like the companions in later worlds i.e. when you walk Zarazina around etc.) I think that being able to trade reagents and items with other people might also be cool, but KI will have to look into how it affects the balance of the game before they do that. (Friend only Auction at the Bazaar? maybe, I don't know)

Who knows maybe the will implement chat features and trading so that certain guild elements are possible, but again I hope that they don't introduce an official system. That is just my opinion though.

Good luck on your adventures throughout the Spiral!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Nicole ShadowSong on May 19, 2016 wrote:

So, what do you think?
the whole reason for having clans, like you said, is for the group to go around and perform activities. In the realm of W101, having a maximum of 4 players in a fight, this is counter-intuitive. They would NEED to figure out a way to have multiples fights count towards the same goal and it doesnt seem likely to happen. However, if it DOES happen, it could lead to interesting things. Im not totally against guilds, but I would need to see their need, in the context of W101

Survivor
May 09, 2016
I think it'd be a really good idea for all of the game. This is a multiplayer game, even if its only social it'd still be nice. It'd also be a lot different than the grouping system which is really annoying to use currently.

Hero
May 07, 2015
I'm sorry but KI said guides and clans aren't and wont be part of wizard101. look on the code of conduct. sorry guys!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
While I have to admit, this sounds like a really cool way to hang with friends, and meet other people, it's also not that great an idea. One of the biggest problem to begin with is that this is one more way for higher level players to "mock" worse players. I have been playing wizard101 for a long time as high and low level players, and one of my biggest problems is maxed wizards being mean to lower level people. Honestly, this is just one more way for higher level players to establish themselves as better, and exclude lower level players from potentials benefits of new guilds, and the game in general. My other problem was already mentioned above, which is players in the commons asking to join guilds. Let's be honest, there already enough things that people will spam the chat boxes with, from hatching to needing help in quests. Like seriously some people don't even realize things like the hatchery and team up exist, and it annoys me. So having people saying "let me join your guild," or "please, please, join my guild," would get on my nerves. The idea has its flaws, but regardless it's still a really cool thought.

Justin GoldenStone, lv70

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Having official clans or guilds is starting to become a necessity in W101 because of the way the game is (unfortunately) changing.

Team Up with randoms isn't always feasible, especially when you get frustrated going in with a group that won't listen or have no idea what they are doing, or won't learn what needs to be done.

By having official clans or guilds in PvE, it could help those that need to get through some tough spots by calling on a member. And, honestly, no one cares about PvP, so that's a moot point.

It's touchy whether having clans or guilds would be good, but I think it can be worked out. With the way the game is headed (pretending to be challenging/farming), some wizards need all the help they can get

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Having official clans or guilds is starting to become a necessity in W101 because of the way the game is (unfortunately) changing.

Team Up with randoms isn't always feasible, especially when you get frustrated going in with a group that won't listen or have no idea what they are doing, or won't learn what needs to be done.

By having official clans or guilds in PvE, it could help those that need to get through some tough spots by calling on a member. And, honestly, no one cares about PvP, so that's a moot point.

It's touchy whether having clans or guilds would be good, but I think it can be worked out. With the way the game is headed (pretending to be challenging/farming), some wizards need all the help they can get
Make a group on facebook and boom, you have all the help you need. Heck, there's already a bunch of groups on facebook dealing with W101. I can think of pet groups, pvp groups, pve groups, general groups, etc. How are these NOT guilds, even though there is no in game benefit (other than getting help when you need it).

BTW, saying nobody cares about PvP is just an outright lie. Whether or not YOU care about PvP is a total other story. There's TONS of posts on this board about people who are extremely passionate about PvP. I'm not one of them, but I certainly acknowledge their existence, and right to voice their opinion.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
dayerider on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Make a group on facebook and boom, you have all the help you need. Heck, there's already a bunch of groups on facebook dealing with W101. I can think of pet groups, pvp groups, pve groups, general groups, etc. How are these NOT guilds, even though there is no in game benefit (other than getting help when you need it).

BTW, saying nobody cares about PvP is just an outright lie. Whether or not YOU care about PvP is a total other story. There's TONS of posts on this board about people who are extremely passionate about PvP. I'm not one of them, but I certainly acknowledge their existence, and right to voice their opinion.
Hmm he says no one cares about pvp but then gets mad at me for saying something about PVE

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on May 28, 2016 wrote:
Hmm he says no one cares about pvp but then gets mad at me for saying something about PVE
I think it would help to reply to the proper person. I'm not mad at you, and in fact, am sticking up for PvPers with my comment. I replied to the person who commented that nobody cares about PvP and you replied to me as if i was the other person.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
dayerider on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I think it would help to reply to the proper person. I'm not mad at you, and in fact, am sticking up for PvPers with my comment. I replied to the person who commented that nobody cares about PvP and you replied to me as if i was the other person.
Thus the reason I used "he" and not "you"