Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

waterworks drop rate?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2010
Just wondering, on my storm, I can't seem to get the robe of hat, got the boots, even though I Usually deal the most damage (usually otk luska, one turn kill ) and otk the waterwing, and deal at least 60 % of syslter.
But on my balance I got all the gear on two runs, so is it just my luck?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's all just luck of the draw. It doesn't matter who does what damage or how fast you do it, or anything else. My wizards had very different experiences with the drops. Some took a couple runs, some took dozens of tries, some I just gave up and used crafted gear. The same is true with Tartarus and Darkmoor gear.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
witchdoctor of awe... on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Just wondering, on my storm, I can't seem to get the robe of hat, got the boots, even though I Usually deal the most damage (usually otk luska, one turn kill ) and otk the waterwing, and deal at least 60 % of syslter.
KingsIsle does not release any statistics related to drops.

Honestly, it's luck. I had a bad experience on my Theurgist and Necromancer, but had a really good one on my Thaumaturge.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
witchdoctor of awe... on May 13, 2016 wrote:
The amount of damage you may deal out doesn't really matter.

Myself and 2 other friends have been running WW to obtain the gear but as of yet, only my life has gotten the boots. One member of our team has been running it multiple times and to date has NOT received a single item of the lvl 60 gear and the other member hasn't received anything of use. My first 3 wizards through WW received all their gear in under 10 runs. Now, it seems to take too many runs to get even a single piece.

After this last run, I took a really good look at the drops my life wizard did get and those ranged from lvl 50 to lvl 54. Virtually useless. I have seen others state this same problem not only in WaterWorks but in other level specific dungeons as well.

I for one have come to the conclusion that my life wizard really doesn't need that gear since she is now lvl 65 and will be able to craft lvl 66 gear soon.

Although it will never be proven, the drop rates seem to have just about bottomed out. Sadly, this is a very frustrating situation that hopefully, KI will rectify soon.