Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Favorite Worlds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2010
I decided to rank all 12 of the worlds here they are!

13. Marleybone- cool idea but visuals fall flat and the mobs! they pull you from so far away!
12. Zafaria- collect quests, nuff said
11. Krokotopia- same thing every single area just a different color
10. Grizzleheim- just staright up boring, looks beautiful though
9. Celestia-again, boring story and the world doesn't look that spectacular
8. Wysteria- i liked this world, something about it
7. Dragonspyre- Nostalgia mostly
6.5 Aquila- That Hades gear man
6. Polaris- A decent start to arc 3, although incredibly easy until the final boss
5. Wizrard City-100% nostalgia
4. Khrysalis- Epic end to arc 2, despite the incredibly long length I still enjoyed it
3.5 Darkmoor- The true end to arc 2 in my opinion, although hard gear and spells are worth it (decided to do put this a decimal number because its not a main world)
3. Mooshu- Ninja pigs are cool
2. Avalon- the entire premise is cool, along with it looking amazing this has a really good story and barely any collect quests
1. The one world to rule them all; Azteca- I loved this world, so much fun to play through and avenging fossil is amazing (yes i'm death)

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
jordan night blood on May 8, 2016 wrote:

13. Marleybone- cool idea but visuals fall flat and the mobs! they pull you from so far away!
6. Polaris- A decent start to arc 3, although incredibly easy until the final boss
4. Khrysalis- Epic end to arc 2, despite the incredibly long length I still enjoyed it
3.5 Darkmoor- The true end to arc 2 in my opinion, although hard gear and spells are worth it (decided to do put this a decimal number because its not a main world)
2. Avalon- the entire premise is cool, along with it looking amazing this has a really good story and barely any collect quests
1. The one world to rule them all; Azteca- I loved this world, so much fun to play through and avenging fossil is amazing (yes i'm death)
My favorite world is Pirate Marleybone, for wiz it's Polaris

Lvl 110
Lvl 95
Lvl 27

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
My view of the worlds so far

??: Polaris (Haven't made it to this place yet, so I can't really say much about it.)

12: Avalon (Ugh, I swear I'm the only person who hates this place. It just seems to lack the magical feel that all the other worlds had, and the characters are boring to me. At least the later worlds make up for it.)

11: Marleybone (Mostly because of those annoying walkways, but come on KI, us brits aren't that bad... or are we?)

10: Wysteria (Looking at the pigs here make me hungry. Seriously though, the street mobs and the locations of this world are a little bland. Nothing too outstanding *although the main plot of this world is pretty good*.)

9: Krokotopia (If you're a first timer, then the world change can be a bit of a system shock *I know it was for me*, and the world is a bit too long for the challenge level.)

8: Grizzleheim/Wintertusk (This would be higher if the XP gain for the first half was more suited to the difficulty. The one stain on a great world.)

7: Wizard City (Getting to the worlds I like, this is the world that gets you into the game. What's not to like about it?)

6: Dragonspyre (The dark and depressing feeling is perfect for the final world of the first arc. And with me maining a fire wizard, this place really turns up the heat *forgive my terrible jokes*.)

5: Celestia (Intro to the astral schools. And a fun world overall.)

4: Zafaria (I like the whole safari/tribal feel of the place, and this is the point where you really begin to understand the situation of the 2nd arc.)

3: Mooshu (Ninja pigs. And i've always loved Japanese culture, so this world is an instant top-tier for me.)

2: Khrysalis (This place is hard. And just how I like it. So many new things are added here, and all of the characters I really love. Nice one, KI!)

1: Azteca (Oh yes. Really fun to play through, amazing plot, amazing characters. I could talk about this place all day, but i won't go in too much depth, the point is this world is my favourite by a mile.)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
1. Polaris
2. Avalon
3. Wizard City
4. Wysteria
5. Marelybone
6. Grizzelheim
7. Celestia
8. Zafaria
9. Krokotopia
10. Dragonspyre
11. Mooshu
12. Khrysalis

Hero
May 07, 2015
13. khrysalis (it sounds long)
12.celestia ( the plot is ok but not the best)
11.avalon (the scenery is nice but its hard at times)
10. krokotopia. (it was way too long for my taste)
9. marleybone (really ki really with those walkways)
8. Azteca (hard but scenery is awesome)
7.polaris ( its like Avalon but with people with shadow magic)
6. zafaria (long and ok)
5. grizzle heim (love it so much but the final dungeon's final bosses are hard)
4. wysteria (the first boss in the tower thing is hard)
3. wizard city (everyone starts out here!)
2. mooshu (calm and fun at the same time)
1. dragonspyre (well me being a fire wizard)

Miranda jade song/Katie taylor

level 90 wizard/level 7 witch doctor

Survivor
Apr 27, 2014
???? Polaris, never been.

12. Mooshu (Everything about it, I dislike more and more every time I go! You don't even have to be there if they'd give you the stupid key!)

11. Dragonspyre (It used to be way higher on my list until I have done it a few times, now it is just annoying, but I'd love to know the background of it.)

10. Wysteria (I just hate everyone there, it's not really a matter of the world, it's just everyone there stinks.)

9. Krokotopia (Yes, I'm being hard on the first arc, but I love the second arc...Krokotopia is actually one of my favorite original worlds.)

8. Celestia (The gear coming out of Dragonspyre is in no way possible to go without help through Celestia. I struggled hard.)

7. Marleybone (I actually liked Marleybone, but I do love the UK too...)

6. Khrysalis (I love the scenery and the storyline! It made for a wonderful experience.)

5. Grizzleheim/Wintertusk (I only made it this far up because I absolutely love Wintertusk, but I don't really like Grizzleheim all that much.)

4. Zafaria (I love this world, but no one else seems to like it. I've only been through once, which may make it that way...)

3. Wizard City (It's the origin world! How could anyone not like Wizard City????)

2. Avalon (I was awful when I came through here, but I still loved everything about it.)

1. Azteca (I love Azteca so much, it is amazing! The scenery and the bosses are great, and you don't really need that much help going through it!)

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 98

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
So I am on Zafaria right now so i am only ranking Wizard City-Zafaria.

10- Grizzleheim: Idk it gave like no experience and got really boring and frustrating.

9- Celestia: This world was WAY too long and HARD! Nothing else needs to be said.

8- Mooshu: Everything was just forests and every dungeon was so repetitive (bad guy you fight and defeat turns into an oni and tries to kill you).

7- Marleybone: I got sick of the scenery being only grey city blocks and brown sidewalks. Storyline was good though.

6- Wysteria: Very interesting story/lore but it was way too short. I did not like the length of this world and those pig students got really obnoxious. XD

5- Wizard City: Really fun overall, but i have done it so many times i remember every little thing that happens and it gets boring.

4- Dragonspyre: I liked this world with the apocalyptic theme and the dragons and spirits were cool too. Maybe the areas dragged on a bit but overall a great world.

3- Wintertusk: I LOVE LOVE LOVED this world! It was so fun and the story was so interesting. It was a good length too.

2- Krokotopia: I love ancient egypt so this was a big plus for me. The story was also great. LOVED this world. Perfect transition world after you get out of wizard city.

1- Zafaria: This world has such interesting lore and a great story. The bad guys are not too hard or too easy so that is good. Lots of collecting quest but i think this is the best one from wizard city-zafaria.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I hit the character limit at top 10 lol

10. Khrysalis: great, emotional story but depressing settings and too many bugs, yuck.
9. Celestia: I played through the first time before a lot of stuff was nerfed. It was hard and the underwater stuff wasn't as fun as I thought.
8. Marleybone: Pretty great, though I wish the Victorian England element was a little more pronounced in this world. It just looks kind of bland.
7. Polaris: this was actually way more fun than I thought, although "ice levels" in video games are usually my least favorite. :P I liked the challenge of this world and Omen is pretty fun. While Russia is one of my favorite countries to study, the French Revolution is one of my least favorite things to study. :P
6. Grizzleheim: the main part of this world (ie not wintertusk) is so well laid out. I really like the winding trails in the wilderness and the adaptation of norse mythology is so cool.
5. Krokotopia: a nostalgia-fueled world for me. It's where I was when I picked up Wiz again after a long break and really got into the game.
4. Avalon: this world is pretty nostalgic because it came out at the same time I graduated and I remember spending the whole summer sitting on the floor in the summer heat playing through this world with not a care in the world.
3. Zafaria: I really like African animals, and places like Waterfront and the Savannah are really well-designed. I like the Indian-esque feel of the elephants' civilization.
2. Wysteria: 2 and 3 were difficult to decide on, so they're kinda tied. But what puts Wysteria higher up than ZF is the story and the fights. I really like the spiral cup storyline for whatever reason. Both worlds have some of my favorite graphics in the game because they're so crisp and smooth, and the music in both is amazing.
1. Mooshu: not sure why it is that I like this world so much. I think it's a combination of nostalgia and a love for Japanese history, which you can see in some parts of this world.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
As I can rank only the worlds I've visited so far:

10 - MooShu - terrain is mostly flat, and I had to do Shirataki Temple twice because I received the quest to enter it before reaching level 38. Not to mention KI's grammar oopsies.
9 - Wintertusk - not a big fan of the lore and it's Celestia-level difficult
8 - Zafaria - Parodying assembly instructions, dci = Defeat and Collect Item
7 - Dragonspyre - Too many towers, Weaknesses, and hardly any helpers.
6 - Grizzleheim - same reason for Wintertusk, except fewer Ice Krakens and more Weaknesses. Also, Jotun. The music is better, though.
5 - Krokotopia - battles are pretty long when you don't yet have Lifeblade
4 - Wysteria - it has a lighthearted mood, so this is near the top.
3 - Celestia - Battles are much more enjoyable than Dragonspyre battles. Plus three new schools! I love the Trial of the Spheres music as well.
2 - Wizard City - it's a hub and it keeps bringing you there. What else?
1 - Marleybone - You're basically floating on buildings in the sky. Unwanted combat was an issue but it's much better now.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
jordan night blood on May 8, 2016 wrote:

Here are my favorites,

8. Wysteria, a cool place but I have other favorites.

7. Krokotopia, also a cool place.

6. Mooshu, It was cool but there are not that many great views onto the scenery.

5. Wizard City. I love the Haunted Cave, I once had a night-mare or dream on that place and since then after having a Wizard101 related dream, I have always respected any dream or night-mare that I had.

4. Marleybone! LOVE the feel of that place and the characters.

3. Grizzleheim's Wintertusk! One of the BEST story-lines in the game.

2. Dragonspyre! the final dungeon is just the coolest thing in the game!

1. CELESTIA! coolest world EVER! A world with alien looking wizards that studied the spiral for all it's magic.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
My favorite has gotta be Avalon. It has a great storyline, interesting enemies, and amazing battle music! It also is the location of my favorite dungeon, Ghost Avalon. You just gotta love Avalon!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2013
12.Celestia: Ugh-it's pretty boring. Hate the ice mobs that spam tower and deaths that spam ninja pigs. It has a great theme, but it just falls flat in terms of graphics, mobs, and everything. I did however liked the introduction of astral and magic and the build up for the plot of the second arc I liked, but that's it.
11.Dragonspyre: I get nostolgia remembering this world when it was the last world, good times, but I always hated the weakness spam and towers, and once upon a time, long dungeons and high mob healths, and defeat and collect quests.
10.Grizzleheim and Wintertusk: I personally love the theme and an appreciation for Norse mythology/folklore, but to me, I felt that the game didn't give enough experience for the world despite its difficulty, especially Grizzlehiem.
9.Wysteria: It was cool, something different in my opinion. The headmistress gets on my nerves because she reminds me so much of Cyrus Drake.
8.Marleybone: In my opinion, it seems like a barebones version of the Victorian Era, which is something I like as well, being a major in European History, but I did like the O'Leary Gang. The addition of Barkingham (spin on Birmingham Palace) was nice, rather just have it as a place you couldn't enter. Cool world but needs a few tweaks.
7Khrysalis: Long and kind of tedious, but it makes up for a great conclusion, despite the anti-climatic death of Morganthe to the second arc.

6.Wizard City: Nostolgia 24/7

5. Krokotopia: I don't care what others say, this was a great first arc world: cool plot and Egyptian history. I'm all on board

4. Zafaria: Cool African theme. Also has like an Indian Raj theme with stone town

3. Azteca: Love Mesoamerica, then you'll love Azteca, its got all an aztec, or mayan lover would appreciate

2. Mooshu: Love Japanese Feudal History and Samurai.

1. Avalon: Love the Middle Ages, it's by far my favorite time period in Europe. It's also why I love Mooshu so much. All Euro lovers should love Avalon. Best world and quests were fun.