Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cranky Catfish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Hello!

As you can tell because of the title, this is about catching the cranky catfish. Does anyone have any tips? I've been trying to catch it for so long but I just keep getting icecudas. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Victoria Fairyheart

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
AvatarKitten on May 1, 2016 wrote:
Hello!

As you can tell because of the title, this is about catching the cranky catfish. Does anyone have any tips? I've been trying to catch it for so long but I just keep getting icecudas. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Victoria Fairyheart
The only tip I could suggest is stay in the main pond. I don't recall ever catching a Cranky Catfish in either of the side ponds in the Commons.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Main pond in the commons. I usually find it near the shore lines on the Zeke side of the pond... usually at that curve in the pond where water goes towards a bridge. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It's been a while since I've caught one, I can't remember if it swims faster than the Frost Dekoi or slower than the Icecuda. I think it swims faster though. If you don't have Winnow yet, scare away all the non-Ice fish and study their movements. If they all seem to be moving relatively the same speed, do a summon spell.

I could be wrong, but I do believe the Cranky Catfish swims faster, and the Owl-Eyed Pike swims slower. But that's my tip is to pay attention to the speed they swim. You'll save energy and time if you only catch the fish that show anomalies rather than catching all of them.

And yes, they are only ever in the main pond. It's possible they sometimes spawn in the one over by the Death school, but I have never looked for or found them there. I've also never found them in the pond by the Pet Pavilion... only Frost Dekois and Icecudas over there, along with the occasional seasonal fish.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Thank you all so much for the help!

Victoria Fairyheart

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
Hi I have caught the Cranky Catfish a few times twice in the main pond and once in the side pond by the Rainbow bridge.. Just keep trying. If you have winnow it helps.