Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hatching anomoly or hybrid

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
I hatched on balance today. My pets were the ninja pig and enchanted armament and I got back a samoorai. I would like to know why. For now, I have to consider hatching broken and suspend all hatching until I find out something concerning this. More than a few people will be upset by this because I have hatching obligations from promises.

Administrator
Hello,

Congratulations on receiving a hybrid resulting from the combination of Ninja Pig and Enchanted Armament.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
Professor Greyrose on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

Congratulations on receiving a hybrid resulting from the combination of Ninja Pig and Enchanted Armament.
Congratulations on destroying what little fun I had left in this game. Will never hatch another pet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ghowriter on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
Congratulations on destroying what little fun I had left in this game. Will never hatch another pet.
How does hatching a rare hybrid ruin the game? Most of the time you hatch those two pets you'll get one of the parents. Getting the rare hybrid changes nothing really. It's no different than getting a hatch of the "wrong" parent or not getting the perfect mix of talents you wanted. You just try again.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
seethe42 on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
How does hatching a rare hybrid ruin the game? Most of the time you hatch those two pets you'll get one of the parents. Getting the rare hybrid changes nothing really. It's no different than getting a hatch of the "wrong" parent or not getting the perfect mix of talents you wanted. You just try again.
If I wanted a Samoorai, I would get a Samoorai. Grabbing up a random pet from the mix and calling it a hybrid does not make it one. In the two (2) years I have played this game I have hatched the Ninja Pig and Enchanted Armament countless times and not until recently did I suddenly get this life pet. If I wanted a hybrid pet I would be using the school pets to make one. But hybrids are a waste of time and resources. And the Samoorai is NOT a hybrid. It's just a pet that someone thought would be amusing to throw in the mix so we serious pet hatchers have to farm more gold to hatch again or use crowns. If the Samoorai from this hatch was a true hybrid, not the lame one already found in the game, we would not be having this discussion, but it isn't. How many other lame pets did you throw into the game as hybrids? Why even bother? Why not post the information where everyone can find and know what they can get from hatching up front? Why keep it so secret?

I, for one, don't like wasting my time in this game. Since the hatching system, as advertised, is nothing but a lie and since you can get any pet from any hatch, why bother?

Survivor
Oct 26, 2011
Why are you so upset?

It takes 20 mins grinding like any Vestri boss to get that money back, and to be frank, Hybrids are a nice part of the game and I doubt 1 complaint will make them remove it. Good day, sir.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
While I understand the frustration with random results, pets always involve chance an uncertainty, so we need to accept that fails happen. Some people consider hybrids a let down, but to others it's a good surprise. Either way, please don't give up. If you keep at it, you'll get the pet you want.

A gentle suggestion to KI - being able to get a rare, otherwise unavailable pet as a hybrid is cool. Having unwanted ones pop up when we're trying to get something else, not so cool.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ghowriter on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
If I wanted a Samoorai, I would get a Samoorai. Grabbing up a random pet from the mix and calling it a hybrid does not make it one. In the two (2) years I have played this game I have hatched the Ninja Pig and Enchanted Armament countless times and not until recently did I suddenly get this life pet. If I wanted a hybrid pet I would be using the school pets to make one. But hybrids are a waste of time and resources. And the Samoorai is NOT a hybrid. It's just a pet that someone thought would be amusing to throw in the mix so we serious pet hatchers have to farm more gold to hatch again or use crowns. If the Samoorai from this hatch was a true hybrid, not the lame one already found in the game, we would not be having this discussion, but it isn't. How many other lame pets did you throw into the game as hybrids? Why even bother? Why not post the information where everyone can find and know what they can get from hatching up front? Why keep it so secret?

I, for one, don't like wasting my time in this game. Since the hatching system, as advertised, is nothing but a lie and since you can get any pet from any hatch, why bother?
You can't get any pet from any hatch. Certain pets when hatching together have a small chance at a hybrid. It is NOT the same as getting a first generation Samoorai from the crown shop. First generation pets have set talent pools, stats and pedegree. Hybrids have a mixture of the parents. Like I said before, it's just another "failed" hatch to you. To others it's a rare surprise hybrid from 2 other Balance school pets. It's not "any other pet". You won't get it from hatching any other pets.