Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth has no healing spell.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I'm personally using a Life Amulet and intend to get Satyr, so I'm good in this area.

I also agree that Myth is really no worse off than any of the other schools, except Death and Life of course, as it should be.

That being said, Prince of Shadow's specialized minion idea is actually incredibly appealing to me.

Having a Tank (who taunts the enemy and uses shields often) a Controller (who buffs the player and debuffs the enemy) and a Healer (self explanatory) would be nice.

As it is, it seems like the Minions just get progressively stronger and more durable, and the outmoded minions just become not worth using.
Why use a Troll when you can use a Cyclops? Why use a Cyclops when you can use a Minotaur? etc.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
I'm personally using a Life Amulet and intend to get Satyr, so I'm good in this area.

I also agree that Myth is really no worse off than any of the other schools, except Death and Life of course, as it should be.

That being said, Prince of Shadow's specialized minion idea is actually incredibly appealing to me.

Having a Tank (who taunts the enemy and uses shields often) a Controller (who buffs the player and debuffs the enemy) and a Healer (self explanatory) would be nice.

As it is, it seems like the Minions just get progressively stronger and more durable, and the outmoded minions just become not worth using.
Why use a Troll when you can use a Cyclops? Why use a Cyclops when you can use a Minotaur? etc.
At first glance it might not seem logical to use a Troll over a Cyclops... but if you're using it as a potential sacrificial victim, you get the same benefit from sacrificing a 2-pip Troll as you would from a 3-pip Cyclops. The real question then becomes, why use either of those when you can use a 0-pip Golem Minion?

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TucsonWizard on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
At first glance it might not seem logical to use a Troll over a Cyclops... but if you're using it as a potential sacrificial victim, you get the same benefit from sacrificing a 2-pip Troll as you would from a 3-pip Cyclops. The real question then becomes, why use either of those when you can use a 0-pip Golem Minion?
Obviously a zero pip makes the most sense for sacrificing.

My point is, every minion should have a distinct purpose.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Prince of Shadows on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
A myth heal could be nice, but it might be more in the original spirit of the school to have a healing / support minion. I'd like to see myth back to its original strength as the "solo school" with specialized minions (more like henchmen quality) strong enough to last in the higher worlds.
Agreed! It would be awesome if the minions you get could be on par with the level you get them at.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Just like Polymorph spells, I think the minions should grow with the character or risk being outmoded.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
How about Myth Fueled Battery?

2 pips-Myth Fueled Battery-Heal 250,500, or 1050

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014

here just a ideal

for the summon issue with level here my idea take the minions we have and do a update were more we you use a summon like say minotaur you used it 5 times in a high level battle way above the card rank the summon card would get xp now for myth cards of Crouse sent you have so many it can only go up to so many ranks per card ok so this is how the ranking going work and I just going use minotaur all the way threw this

so idk when they get minotaur but I do know it one of there stronger summons when there starting out

so this card when you first get it will have how many pips its cost witch I think is 5 the rank witch would be a number on the card with like a star or something around it to let you know that's something else and not the pip cost and then the normal myth symbol or what ever school its for and then its normal power and health etc

so you just finish a boss battle and you used the card you would gain 500xp for yourself lets just say that and 500 rank xp for the summon you used in battle now it becomes rank 2 now you maybe saying what the point in this blah blah well you would get a alert in your deck that one of your summon cards is ready to level up you would then go in hit the level up button and you get to chose what it get stronger in and to make it easy for everybody there be 4 things health power or defense or damage

if you chose health it gets more health for now on so if it was 100 now its 200
if you chose power its stronger now so say it spell did 200 to 300 damage type of spells now it would cast 400 to 500 damage kind of spells
if you chose defense it would and it only casted taunts and shields itself not it cast shields on you and itself and cast taunts at random
if you chose heal well now it will cast better heals

of crocuses there be limiters for summons but this way summon would only get better and be more useful in battle and wouldn't be able to get op because ill explain in next post

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
I said I explain more so here I am

ok so as you quest it would get stronger but here the thing the limters would prevent the rank from getting two high but for myth there summons limiters would be able to go higher then are summons that way it still a myth thing and still gives myth the best summons

what I mean buy myth would be higher I about to explain on the next row so read on man or woman read on!

lets say ice just got there summon spell ice guardian and myth just got there mentor now idk if this is the right level or not ice will only be able to rank there summon up two rank 3 but myth will be able to rank there's up two rank 5

now the
ice guardian lets say use chose power if you read my other post this should make sense
can cast spells with a 500 to 700 power that maybe a little op for the level yes but I just using it as a something to work off of I sure if kingly made this they have the limiters set so it wouldn't get that level when your level is 20 or something but don't forget you have to keep using the every time your in battle to even get it to that rank like training a pet
anyways moving on myth decide to rank his up in power to but he rank 5 so he can cast spells from 700 to 900

so basically as time go on and you use your summon center summons as you become higher level like 100 and stuff would still be useful but other wouldn't and myth would still keep its power to summon and what makes myth myth would still be in the game this would also help out a lot of players who can't get help in battle and it help out a lot of players who hate working as a team

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Obviously a zero pip makes the most sense for sacrificing.

My point is, every minion should have a distinct purpose.
Yes, thanks! that was exactly my point. The current minions have two failings at higher levels. One is lack of block& health; they just can't survive long enough to be much help. The other is "general purpose" decks which tend to waste buffs, but don't do enough damage to be effective.

For advanced battles you really need at least a support version that doesn't attack, and a hammer version with big attacks that we can buff.

A super cool thought, which IMO would fully redeem Myth as the minion / solo school, would be a programmable minion. We'd get to set its deck, maybe even customize stats or give it a pet.

This would have to be no-PvP for obvious reasons, but it would overcome all the "myth is neglected" and "the game is too hard to play solo" complaints.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
In general terms, players try to have higher stats like critical in their own school. This means a Balance player is more likely to critical a Balance spell. Both Balance and Life have the advantage of critical heals being a very common occurrence. My Life and Balance wizards critical heal almost every time, just like their attacks hit critical most of the time. With basic in/out healing stats Balance heals are on par with Life. With no stats let's compare.

Availing Hands 4 pip, 850 = 212.5 /pip

Satyr 4 pip, 860 = 215 /pip

Obviously Life has more options for healing, but generally speaking Availing Hands is about the same as Satyr for the same cost. Balance is also likely to have a higher critical chance than Life in most cases.
This is very true. My balance has like a 30% critical chance compared to my life who has a 26% critical chance. As well, since availing is overtime, you can use it before someone hits and it won't go to waste unlike satyr.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Prince of Shadows on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
Yes, thanks! that was exactly my point. The current minions have two failings at higher levels. One is lack of block& health; they just can't survive long enough to be much help. The other is "general purpose" decks which tend to waste buffs, but don't do enough damage to be effective.

For advanced battles you really need at least a support version that doesn't attack, and a hammer version with big attacks that we can buff.

A super cool thought, which IMO would fully redeem Myth as the minion / solo school, would be a programmable minion. We'd get to set its deck, maybe even customize stats or give it a pet.

This would have to be no-PvP for obvious reasons, but it would overcome all the "myth is neglected" and "the game is too hard to play solo" complaints.
I disagree on one point...

If anything is done, no matter what it is, you will NEVER overcome all the complaints. Regardless of what might be given to people in this game it will never be enough and there will still be complainers. I've seen enough posts on this forum to know that the W101 community is filled with some of the most demanding, unsatisfied malcontents you'll ever find. Nothing is ever good enough... and if it is good it's too expensive... if it's free it should better and there should be more of it!

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TucsonWizard on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
I disagree on one point...

If anything is done, no matter what it is, you will NEVER overcome all the complaints. Regardless of what might be given to people in this game it will never be enough and there will still be complainers. I've seen enough posts on this forum to know that the W101 community is filled with some of the most demanding, unsatisfied malcontents you'll ever find. Nothing is ever good enough... and if it is good it's too expensive... if it's free it should better and there should be more of it!
True!

Nonetheless, when the complaint is valid, eh?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:

The customizable minion deck has been brought up before, and I think generally, people like it. Myth should have an advantage on minions, in what people would consider, a tangible way. yes, they have a lot of 0 and 1 pip spells to help their minion out, but they can NOT overcome the lack of blocking, health, critical, or healing. I have a max myth, and I have NEVER used a minion outside of wizard city; they're just not practical for my style of play. I can't speak for "being too hard to play" as my myth wizard was the 4th wizard on my account, and right off the bat was flush with gold by selling off the junk pet snacks in my sharebank, which yielded tons of tc spells

Survivor
Apr 17, 2016
SamuelSpirit on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
1 Fire: powerlink or link
2 ice: steal heals(over time heals)
3 life: mainly all heals
4 balance: helping handing avoiding healing(misspelled i know)
5 Myth: none
6 storm: healing current
7 death: healing from spells( steal health)

all other school have ways to heal but myth. dont have one. i am talking about healing spell. not from killing minion and heal. that's every school has one.
What's the huge debate about?

Each school has it's own distinct aspects, which is nothing unreasonable. If you wanted healing spells in the first place, you could've done some simple research on the features attributed to each school. Just saying, there's no reason to be complaining about things like this.

Also, if you have a membership, you could perform a wizard respec with no budget. That said, you can convert all training point purchased spells into actual training points. If you don't have a membership, you'll have to purchase a wizard respec. The transaction costs Crowns, if you do not have a valid membership, of course.

If you don't want to spend crowns to get training points, you can just purchase treasure cards in the meanwhile. They're fairly cheap, depending on the spell itself and the school it's based on.

To get treasure cards, you need to find a treasure card vendor. There are accurately 7 vendors for this, but the vendor I suggest is Harold Argleston, since he's located in Wizard City which is probably the most accessible world. While he's actually a Librarian (Head Librarian of Wizard City), he sells treasure cards as well.

Also, as a secondary school in this situation I'd suggest either Storm or Life.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
True!

Nonetheless, when the complaint is valid, eh?
Well, on that point, personally I don't view it as a valid complaint. I've played my Myth wizard successfully using the abilities he has without ever anguishing over the fact that there's not a dedicated "Myth Heal". I believe in the diversity of schools. Adding heals here and more powerful attacks there does nothing but bring sameness to the different schools. This simply dumbs down the game. Might as well have just one school with everyone starting with the same abilities. If this happens - and I'm sure it will someday if enough people carp about it - say goodbye to the game because without diversity and differing play styles this is just another MMORPG.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
Pseunition on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
What's the huge debate about?

Each school has it's own distinct aspects, which is nothing unreasonable. If you wanted healing spells in the first place, you could've done some simple research on the features attributed to each school. Just saying, there's no reason to be complaining about things like this.

Also, if you have a membership, you could perform a wizard respec with no budget. That said, you can convert all training point purchased spells into actual training points. If you don't have a membership, you'll have to purchase a wizard respec. The transaction costs Crowns, if you do not have a valid membership, of course.

If you don't want to spend crowns to get training points, you can just purchase treasure cards in the meanwhile. They're fairly cheap, depending on the spell itself and the school it's based on.

To get treasure cards, you need to find a treasure card vendor. There are accurately 7 vendors for this, but the vendor I suggest is Harold Argleston, since he's located in Wizard City which is probably the most accessible world. While he's actually a Librarian (Head Librarian of Wizard City), he sells treasure cards as well.

Also, as a secondary school in this situation I'd suggest either Storm or Life.
to be honest that's not fair

there are kids on the game who aren't good at research and are you really going think to research when you first start not really

not only that but people don't always wanna start a new wizard to just get a heal so you have to have that on your mind to to be honest I don't wanna have to go threw all the story for a healing wizard

also some people like there school because it fit there style and the others didn't so you also have to take that in that they may just love the school because its the only that works for them good

and is it really so bad to just give myth a heal like honestly life will still have most heals not only that Ice needs one two I mean all have a good heal that they can use on themselves at lest and well no duh it has heals because its made for healing but don't really have a good self heal if myth wants to heal they have summon a minon then kill it but the minio has to live one round if it don't they can't heal and only way a ice can heal is with fairy witch kinda isn't good anymore or stealing somebody over time and not every mob cast over time heals same go with bosses so what harm is really going do to let ice and myth finely get a descent heal?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
King Leo 46 on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:

there are kids on the game who aren't good at research and are you really going think to research when you first start not really

not only that but people don't always wanna start a new wizard to just get a heal so you have to have that on your mind to to be honest I don't wanna have to go threw all the story for a healing wizard

also some people like there school because it fit there style and the others didn't so you also have to take that in that they may just love the school because its the only that works for them good

and is it really so bad to just give myth a heal like honestly life will still have most heals not only that Ice needs one two I mean all have a good heal that they can use on themselves at lest and well no duh it has heals because its made for healing but don't really have a good self heal if myth wants to heal they have summon a minon then kill it but the minio has to live one round if it don't they can't heal and only way a ice can heal is with fairy witch kinda isn't good anymore or stealing somebody over time and not every mob cast over time heals same go with bosses so what harm is really going do to let ice and myth finely get a descent heal?
Virtually the entire first world, Wizard City, is a tutorial. All wizards have access to the classrooms in Ravenwood so it's easy enough to see what the spells are going to be for each student. It doesn't take a lot of research. Myth doesn't get a dedicated heal spell because it doesn't need one. The game is designed with strengths and weaknesses in each school and, if played properly, it works just fine. It's all part of what makes the game a challenge and even more importantly, it adds to the replay value. What incentive would you have to play again as a different school if all the schools were the same? Same book with a different cover? Why read it twice?
Myth doesn't have this, Life doesn't have that, Storm never gets this, Ice can't do that... that's the beauty of this game!!! Variety!!!
Honestly, sometimes I wonder how any wizards ever get past level ten because none of the schools have what they need...
Deal with it, learn from it and enjoy it... or you just could play checkers where everyone has the same number of identical pieces. (But then there's all that jumping and king-ing and stuff... that's too much work)

Champion
Mar 28, 2010

DO NOT give ice an heal. Ice is already broken, we don't need them healing to add onto their immense power. Myth deserves one but not ice.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
TucsonWizard on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Virtually the entire first world, Wizard City, is a tutorial. All wizards have access to the classrooms in Ravenwood so it's easy enough to see what the spells are going to be for each student. It doesn't take a lot of research. Myth doesn't get a dedicated heal spell because it doesn't need one. The game is designed with strengths and weaknesses in each school and, if played properly, it works just fine. It's all part of what makes the game a challenge and even more importantly, it adds to the replay value. What incentive would you have to play again as a different school if all the schools were the same? Same book with a different cover? Why read it twice?
Myth doesn't have this, Life doesn't have that, Storm never gets this, Ice can't do that... that's the beauty of this game!!! Variety!!!
Honestly, sometimes I wonder how any wizards ever get past level ten because none of the schools have what they need...
Deal with it, learn from it and enjoy it... or you just could play checkers where everyone has the same number of identical pieces. (But then there's all that jumping and king-ing and stuff... that's too much work)
this is both for you and the guy below you first off I not saying it is imposable for people to resusch but when I start that was the last thing on my mind I ended up choosing a ice lucky for me I liked it because I had already started level and I was just about to get a membership but to be honest if I had not liked the school I would of still got the membership and kept going with it because I don't wanna have to repeat all the questing I did and 75% of players would do the same thing you know how I knows this because I had a friends on the game who hated there school but got to far into the game a and already bought stuff for there wizard that was none trade so they didn't chang there school because they felt like there money would of been going to waste so not everybody wants to start a new wizard like your saying because they already done the quest they heard the story they seen the stuff and they don't wanna go back to being a level one or two and having to work there way up then buy the same stuff again for that wizard because they made a wrong choice in schools so the best option is to make each school a little more fun

and how do we do that? we add fun spell and just because its a heal dose not mean its going basicly be like evry other life spell in the game I mean we have tones of heals in the game and none are the same all I saying is give myth and ice a heal because its over due to be honest ice dose not have anything but snow drift and fairy and fairy a life spell unless you train life as secondary but you only get 2 more heals out of that and anybody can do that and myth needs a heal because all its heal are minon kinda heals it wouldn't hurt anything to give both a small heal like healing current

for the other guy dude they can get heals from having life as secondary this wont chang anything other then making a heal for ice so they don't have to train life if they don't want to just like with myth and I only talking about making 1 for myth 1 for ice

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
this is both for you and the guy below you first off I not saying it is imposable for people to resusch but when I start that was the last thing on my mind I ended up choosing a ice lucky for me I liked it because I had already started level and I was just about to get a membership but to be honest if I had not liked the school I would of still got the membership and kept going with it because I don't wanna have to repeat all the questing I did and 75% of players would do the same thing you know how I knows this because I had a friends on the game who hated there school but got to far into the game a and already bought stuff for there wizard that was none trade so they didn't chang there school because they felt like there money would of been going to waste so not everybody wants to start a new wizard like your saying because they already done the quest they heard the story they seen the stuff and they don't wanna go back to being a level one or two and having to work there way up then buy the same stuff again for that wizard because they made a wrong choice in schools so the best option is to make each school a little more fun

and how do we do that? we add fun spell and just because its a heal dose not mean its going basicly be like evry other life spell in the game I mean we have tones of heals in the game and none are the same all I saying is give myth and ice a heal because its over due to be honest ice dose not have anything but snow drift and fairy and fairy a life spell unless you train life as secondary but you only get 2 more heals out of that and anybody can do that and myth needs a heal because all its heal are minon kinda heals it wouldn't hurt anything to give both a small heal like healing current

for the other guy dude they can get heals from having life as secondary this wont chang anything other then making a heal for ice so they don't have to train life if they don't want to just like with myth and I only talking about making 1 for myth 1 for ice
The point you aren't taking into consideration is the fact that it's already factored into the game design. Ice has way more health than other schools so less need for healing. Ice and Myth don't NEED their own healing spells. Not having a native heal is one of the factors of those schools. All schools have their strengths and weaknesses and it's up to you to figure out ways to deal with them. Myth is my most powerful wizard. I soloed him through almost everything in the game. I've never found a need for extra heals and frankly I don't want to waste new spells on a heal.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Playing this game is like eating at different restaurants. If you go to only one restaurant every day for a year and you try everything on their menu you eventually learn what you like and don't like and how to plan your meals. This is analogous to playing your very first wizard. Everything works just fine... you like the food (spells) and it nourishes you (you can win a battle) and you survive.
Then, one day, a new Mexican restaurant opens across the street! You've never had Mexican food before so you decide to give it a try. (You decide to start a new wizard you've never played before). Wow, what a great new experience. The food is totally different than anything you've had (new spells, new strategy) and you like it. There are some things from the old restaurant you can't get here... but this stuff is pretty good too.
Moral of the story: Don't go to a Mexican restaurant and order a Pizza. (Don't play a Myth wizard and expect a heal)

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
seethe42 on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
The point you aren't taking into consideration is the fact that it's already factored into the game design. Ice has way more health than other schools so less need for healing. Ice and Myth don't NEED their own healing spells. Not having a native heal is one of the factors of those schools. All schools have their strengths and weaknesses and it's up to you to figure out ways to deal with them. Myth is my most powerful wizard. I soloed him through almost everything in the game. I've never found a need for extra heals and frankly I don't want to waste new spells on a heal.

ice weakness is supost to be power
ice benfits are resistance and health also life has almost the same amount as ice in health

so there nothing in there about ice not being aloud to have a heal and personally I am a ice wizard and i solo a lot and my power gets in my way all the time so I need heals because while saving up for attack I being pounded to little to none health then I have to heal even with a good base of resistance witch really not that big of a deal with shrike and price blades and etc I mean with all that ice needs a heal now a day because are resistance is
getting chop threw so it wouldn't be the worst thing and I thinking of a heal like this

shields of light
cost 7pip and to use
is a side quest
give 100 heal per shield you destroy
so how this spell works is you have shields on you can use it and once you play it it will destroy all your shields and each shield it destroy you get 100 in heal for it without shields it dose 0 heal

and as for myth heck if you do it right you can solo almost with any school long as its not storm so your no more over power then any other school
but death has a heal
life is healing
fire gets heals
balance even has a heal
and who said it be the main quest spell it be a side spell like what they did with the minion and it benefit a lot of players who aren't as good at the game
and healing is not any of the school weakness life is just suppost to have the best heals that is all

myth heal spell
5 pips
healing eye ball
you get stunned or you get 1000 in heal or it will summon a minion of 65 that will only cast blocks on you to protect you have a 50 chance to get any but you only have a 30% chance of the heal a 40% chance of the summon and finely a 30% chance of the stun

these to heal spell negative affect will balance them out also make them more unique to there class without upsetting the balance of the game. also there both side quest

there a lot of people who would benefit from this so I believe its a good idea

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TucsonWizard on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
Well, on that point, personally I don't view it as a valid complaint. I've played my Myth wizard successfully using the abilities he has without ever anguishing over the fact that there's not a dedicated "Myth Heal". I believe in the diversity of schools. Adding heals here and more powerful attacks there does nothing but bring sameness to the different schools. This simply dumbs down the game. Might as well have just one school with everyone starting with the same abilities. If this happens - and I'm sure it will someday if enough people carp about it - say goodbye to the game because without diversity and differing play styles this is just another MMORPG.
Fair nuff.

Tbh, I sorta wish rather than picking schools the game would be revamped so we all have access to everything, and the only difference is how we choose to spec up.

Like The Secret World by Funcom.

Really beautiful game, but requires a powerful computer which I don't have.

- but yeah, I see what you're saying.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
DO NOT give ice an heal. Ice is already broken, we don't need them healing to add onto their immense power. Myth deserves one but not ice.
Ice is already overpowered, so I second this.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
Ice is already overpowered, so I second this.
Ice is far from being overpowered. Many other schools can match Ice health, have MORE resist than Ice, plus more damage, better critical, accuracy .... and the list goes on.

The more you level Ice, the worse the gear gets, to the point where Ice doesn't have anything special stat-wise anymore.

I'm getting disappointed that schools are starting to equalize with each other, which is a shame because I enjoy the extreme diversity that each school brings to the table.