Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily task given not able to complete

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I was given the quest to defeat Blighted Freerrooter in the forum. Problem is I am not at that part in Dragonsypre yet. It is not open to me. This is sad.

Administrator
Hello,

The Daily Assignments are divided into groups based on your Wizard's level. If you have leveled a bit faster than you've progressed through the main storyline, there may be some occasions where you don't yet have access to an area for your Assignment. If you are unable to complete the Assignment for that day, for this or any other reason, you can always come back the next day and continue on with your assignments from there.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I have several characters that were given the task to go to the Royal Museum in Marleybone. Most of them got the message that they had completed the task as soon as they entered the museum. But one of my characters (who is doing the Marleybone storyline at this time) visited the Museum and did not get the message. When he returned to Aegon Statz, he still had the same daily assignment. Two other members of my family who have characters at the same level in Marleybone got the same shameful treatment (:>) Is there a bug re: people who are doing the Marleybone storyline not being able to complete the task? (I saw many other people having the same problem, but did not talk to them about whether they were in the Marleybone storyline.)

Thanks,
Belgrim

Administrator
ssom101 on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
I have several characters that were given the task to go to the Royal Museum in Marleybone. Most of them got the message that they had completed the task as soon as they entered the museum. But one of my characters (who is doing the Marleybone storyline at this time) visited the Museum and did not get the message. When he returned to Aegon Statz, he still had the same daily assignment. Two other members of my family who have characters at the same level in Marleybone got the same shameful treatment (:>) Is there a bug re: people who are doing the Marleybone storyline not being able to complete the task? (I saw many other people having the same problem, but did not talk to them about whether they were in the Marleybone storyline.)

Thanks,
Belgrim
How did the characters who could not complete the assignment enter the area? Did they enter through the Regent's Square door or did they port to a friend in the area?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 05, 2009
I also wasn't able to do this quest. I entered through Marleybone with nothing. Tried logging out. Nothing. Went to another world and came back. Nothing. Also went on my kids account and tried doing it. They also could not get a update/complete.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Professor Greyrose on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

The Daily Assignments are divided into groups based on your Wizard's level. If you have leveled a bit faster than you've progressed through the main storyline, there may be some occasions where you don't yet have access to an area for your Assignment. If you are unable to complete the Assignment for that day, for this or any other reason, you can always come back the next day and continue on with your assignments from there.
I have a problem, my daily quest was to defeat crystal crawler in Crystal Grove, Dragonspyre, and after finishing the quest and going to my house to turn it in, it didn't count as a completion. Do I have to talk to the daily quest giver guy or what? Thank you if you answer my question.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
How did the characters who could not complete the assignment enter the area? Did they enter through the Regent's Square door or did they port to a friend in the area?
I've tried teleporting to marleybone from home and walking through the museum doors, then leaving the world and using the spiral door to get to marleybone, and walking all through the museum. Now I've failed the daily quests on the second day because just going to the Royal Museum apparently isn't happening. I thought there might have been something you need to interact with but other people are able to complete this quest with no problem.

Administrator
Richard SkullDust on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
I have a problem, my daily quest was to defeat crystal crawler in Crystal Grove, Dragonspyre, and after finishing the quest and going to my house to turn it in, it didn't count as a completion. Do I have to talk to the daily quest giver guy or what? Thank you if you answer my question.
You have to complete your Assignment on the same day it is given. I believe the Crystal Crawler task was for yesterday, April 7. So you will not get credit if you attempt to complete it today. You'll need to go check and see what your task is for today.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
I've tried completing the Marleybone daily quest on all of my characters but it's only succeeded for one of them. They have each been assigned that daily quest today. Also tried changing realms to complete and it wasn't successful. In each case I just walked through the entrance. I'm not sure where to submit this as a bug, but it appears to be one.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
All characters entered through the front door of the museum.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Here's a note on the problem: My characters who were able to complete the task were given "Today's Welterweight assignment." The character who cannot complete the task has been given "Today's Featherweight assignment." In both cases, the text of the assignment says to visit the Royal Museum in Marleybone.

Should the Featherweight and Welterweight assignments be different?

Administrator
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
ssom101 on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:

Thanks,
Belgrim
I have the same problem, I have a character that entered through the front doors of the Royal Museum (did NOT port) but nothing happened for the quest to do the "reading".

Currently this character is in Marleybone and able to enter the Royal Museum, but I have not finished the regular quests for the Royal Museum with this character.

My other characters that have finished the regular quests at the Royal Museum had no issues with the "reading" quest at the Royal Museum.

So is the criteria that one must finish the regular quests in the area that the daily quest sends them?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I have the task of defeating the blighted freerooter, I go to where it says to go, but there are none there.. I have looked on Wiki and searched the place.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Today, the game crashed repeatedly while doing daily assignments. Although annoying, I was able to complete the tasks.

Another issue that is more perplexing than annoying is what has been happening to my storm wizard. She is level 100, yet has been getting tasks totally different than a friend of mine who has the same level wizard. The ONLY thing she has done differently is finishing the part of talking to the greeter in Polaris. Today that wizard got the same quest as my level 40 wizards. I just find that a little odd.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Daily quests crowns earn ,
How long will it take to get the crowns. Have done daily quest and have not received the crowns yet.
Been about one hour??

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I have been given the assignment of defeating a Sokki soldier in Krokotopa (grand arena). I have killed so many yet I can't seem to get the award. Also it did not say which of the soldiers. Can anyone help

Administrator
mlruss1 on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
Daily quests crowns earn ,
How long will it take to get the crowns. Have done daily quest and have not received the crowns yet.
Been about one hour??
Please see the note below about the Crowns award for April 9.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/crowns-for-april-9-daily-assignment-8ad6a41553eaa1710154063d427b50e7?page=1

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
VERY irritating!

Have had the same problem several times . . . suggestion to just skip it is very lame since you don't get your prize or credit for doing it. Only resolve has been to get someone to let me port in to them to get the job done and I don't like resorting to that.

Personally, I think total access should be opened to everyone to each assignment for the duration of the assignment period . . . or, all assignments should be at a level everyone has access to/

Some of us take our game very seriously . . . LOL, and I am one of those.