Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most Annoying Mount Award

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In my opinion, the Rubber Ducky is without a doubt the most annoying mount in the history of the Spiral. It's the Spiral's manifestation of the ages old question...
"Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?"

At least give the option to mute the squeaker!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Lol agreed, I also have a similar complaint about those stupid motorcycles. You could hear them from a mile away and the constant grinding, puttering sound is often enough to make me turn the sound off altogether.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Years ago, I played a game that had the option to turn off pet sounds specifically. I think that it could be done with mounts here. A toggle in the sound menu should do it.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
TucsonWizard on Apr 4, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion, the Rubber Ducky is without a doubt the most annoying mount in the history of the Spiral. It's the Spiral's manifestation of the ages old question...
"Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?"

At least give the option to mute the squeaker!
I know that the rubber duck was released as an April fools mount, but that gives it no excuse for the terrible and annoying noise. I play the game without sound, but I can't imagine how annoying that must be. People are paying money for this mount, at least give them the freedom of being able to mute the mount.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
... on the positive side... at least you know if someone's riding one of these squeaking yellow zonkers they'll never be able to sneak up on you!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
A better idea might be to have an option or a setting for each mount where you can toggle on or off any specific noises it makes. That way each player can control the sound of their own mount. I am sure that the rubber duck and chopper owners will likely get tired of hearing the sound their mount make at some point, but don't want to switch them out because they look cool. I'm sure many would like to keep using the mount, but without the annoying noises.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The squeaking of the Rubber Duck mount reminds me of my dog and his 'squeaky toy' he loved to chew on!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Here's a tongue-in-cheek idea!!!

Mount-sound stitching!!

Ever want your Hydra to sound like a Polaris Express? Or how about a Chopper that sounds like a Pogo Stick?

If we could get the Rubber Duck to sound like Marcel Marceau (google it) that would be a good thing!

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
TucsonWizard on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:

Mount-sound stitching!!

Ever want your Hydra to sound like a Polaris Express? Or how about a Chopper that sounds like a Pogo Stick?

If we could get the Rubber Duck to sound like Marcel Marceau (google it) that would be a good thing!
omg, can you imagine what nothing would sound like? Is there no limit to your madness

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
TucsonWizard on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:

Mount-sound stitching!!

Hahahaha now all we need is a Marcel Marceau mount with whose sound we can stitch. I would pay whatever money KI demanded for that one.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Starblood653 on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Hahahaha now all we need is a Marcel Marceau mount with whose sound we can stitch. I would pay whatever money KI demanded for that one.
Ha ha!! The Spiral Mime! He could spend his time acting like he's stuck behind an invisible wall... or walking against the wind.