Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why is so much loot No Auction?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
About 2/3 of the items I just tried to sell are No Auction. They don't have the crown symbol by them. They just can't be auctioned. It's a lot less thrilling when I return to town and discover that all that great loot is basically worthless. Why does it happen that I win No Auction (non-Crown) loot after battles?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
KI might have a system to automatically calculate the value of loot based on its stats, and if it reaches a certain threshold then it becomes no auction to keep it from being too expensive to be worth buying, but idk. There are very few items that truly deserve their no-auction label, like WW or DM gear, while the rest is completely worthless. It's been a pet peeve of mine since Zafaria.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
You can sell No Auction items at any of the vendor shops in wizard city (robe shop, wand shop, etc) as well as any unwanted pets or permanent mounts. Feeding them to pets sometimes gives you some decent reagents as well, such as steel and brass.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
You can at least get something from your loot by feeding it to your pets. It won't be as good as selling at the bazaar, but it's at least something. It's relatively easy to make up the difference by hanging out with Halfang for half an hour or so.