Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gloomy Wizard City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2014
I've come up with an idea for a new world. It's the opposite of Wizard City.

Notes
- It would be either an entirely new antagonist, or some form of Morganthe (because I know Malistaire just wants to stay dead at this point, being killed so many times.)
- Places such as Olde Town will be riddled with monsters, and buildings that used to host shops (ex. Shopping District, Ravenwood) would be hideouts or dungeons for bosses.

---The Plot---
- So this can go two different ways, depending if Morganthe has already resurrected or not.
- I'm just going to give a generic description of an antagonist, and you developers fill in what you want.

- Queue flashback of this all happening, from Ambroses point of view -
- An unknown monster has been lurking in a prison/cave for some time now, stewing. It's incredibly mad at Ambrose for locking him up for his crimes that he did long ago (when Ambrose was a handsome, charming, and in his twenties.)
- This monster finally frees himself, but doesn't go and directly defeat him. It doesn't want revenge, it wants power.
- So, this very powerful monster creates a world of its own (with incredibly op magic.)
- The world? Is his dream. It's exactly like Wizard City, but the opposite. (That sounds weird.)
- It's Wizard City with drab qualities and monsters roaming around every corner and the places that you went to to spend your time are all taken over.
- Basically, instead of taking over Wizard City, this antagonist does op extreme magic and creates a world to take over.

But wait! You may be thinking, it's not so bad, isn't it? He's created a terrible world. Just don't go there, man.

WRONG. After this monster realizes how amazing the world is, it decides to "expand its empire". Meaning that it would slowly turn the spiral into a very, very horrible place.
- It's up to YOU to stop it and kill it for good before it does that!

Other Notes
- Every world needs a "safe zone", or a Commons area, so the commons (though much more gloomy now) would stay put. It would be a camp, actually, around the spiral door.
- Ambrose's house would be the final bosses lair.
- This world is helpful to you programmers, because you would save a little bit of time creating something entirely new. Just make Wizard City, and then change it.

I want to know what you players think of this. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reading!
~Destiny

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I like this idea. Idk if I would cast Ambrose as the villain, but what you could do is show WC as if you had failed or not shown up or dropped out to go to Pigswick instead.

• Rattlebones corrupted every last fairy in Unicorn Way, and they turned the Hedge Maze into a terrifying labyrinth of monsters. At its centre awaits Countess Origrim, war chief of the Imps.
  • Triton Avenue, Firecat Alley, and Cyclops Lane sealed their gates to keep out the Shambling Goons roaming the streets of Olde Town
  • The shopping district is terrorized by cantankerous gnomes such as Victor Darkwood and Alberich Spikehammer, and the fetid hags Darna Witherwind, Gisela Crossbow, and Katherine Rockslide.
  • Accidentally wandering into Elik Silverfist's dank lair means you will usually be robbed of all your gold. Wait, that's not alternate reality at all
  • The arch villains of Wizard City are none other than the plotting, meddling, greedy Zeke Goldfinger and the fabulously wealthy but unscrupulous and grasping Empress Eloise Donnerweather (your first double boss)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2014
crunkatog on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
I like this idea. Idk if I would cast Ambrose as the villain, but what you could do is show WC as if you had failed or not shown up or dropped out to go to Pigswick instead.

• Rattlebones corrupted every last fairy in Unicorn Way, and they turned the Hedge Maze into a terrifying labyrinth of monsters. At its centre awaits Countess Origrim, war chief of the Imps.
  • Triton Avenue, Firecat Alley, and Cyclops Lane sealed their gates to keep out the Shambling Goons roaming the streets of Olde Town
  • The shopping district is terrorized by cantankerous gnomes such as Victor Darkwood and Alberich Spikehammer, and the fetid hags Darna Witherwind, Gisela Crossbow, and Katherine Rockslide.
  • Accidentally wandering into Elik Silverfist's dank lair means you will usually be robbed of all your gold. Wait, that's not alternate reality at all
  • The arch villains of Wizard City are none other than the plotting, meddling, greedy Zeke Goldfinger and the fabulously wealthy but unscrupulous and grasping Empress Eloise Donnerweather (your first double boss)
- I didn't say that Ambrose would be the villain, but maybe in this new world where everything's the opposite, there could be a demented version of him as the minion–someone who's being controlled by the real mastermind (the main antagonist.)

- I do like the names and your wordplay.

- I don't know about the gold robbing, Wizard101 doesn't really do that kind of stuff. Maybe if you wander into his lair, you'll have to defeat the boss and then gain his money that he stole from other people? Like 5,000-10,000 gold?

- Are you saying that the main villains of Wizard City are Zeke and Eloise? I don't know, that seems a little... weak. They could be a part of the final dungeon, but I feel this world really needs to up its game.

- Just my thoughts. Thanks for adding on