Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't decide what school to pick.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
I already have a higher level Ice wizard, but I feel like starting another wizard and I don't know what to pick. Any suggestions?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Think about what makes you like ice, and think about what it is about your current wiz/school that has you looking to start a new, different wiz.

Are you bored with how long matches go because of Ice's low damage and middling accuracy? Maybe try death, storm, fire, or life

Do you like ice's ability to absorb a lot of punishment and protect teammates? Maybe try balance, life, or death

Do you want more utility as a team leader, someone who can boost an ally fast and tear down obstacles? Maybe try myth, storm, fire, balance, or death

Do you like dirty tricks like stuns, stealing heals, stealing shields, shutting down cheats, using your opponent's strengths against them, and other things that Ice does well? Try fire, myth, or balance

Do you mostly solo and find it mundane as ice, and yearn for a true tactical challenge? Try balance, storm, or life

Do you mostly run with a team and want to be the designated hitter more often? Try fire, myth, or storm

Survivor
Mar 20, 2016
For a challenge choose myth or balance. For an easy fly by choose storm or fire. Death and life are kind of the "meh" schools.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2016
Well, I am a death wizard and I find that it allows you to be more independent. You do not need to be healed very often, as the spells allow you to use the enemy's health to heal you (which, I am sure you know.) Storm is also very strong, except health is low. Whichever you pick, happy wizarding!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I have two accounts and run a wizard from each with one another. Early on I loved the Death/Life combination, and wasn't particularly impressed with Storm/Myth.

Most of my wizards are in Khrysalis now. I can't stand the Death/Life combination anymore. I don't know why, but it always seems that their duels take longer than anybody else's. I think a part of it is because my Death wizards seem to fizzle more often than even my Storms do.

Ice/Fire is still my favourite combination, but Storm/Myth is almost as fun as Storm/Balance. Myth in particular I didn't enjoy early on, but now I really like it.

School all depends on how you're playing. Solo, Death is probably the best you can get for the reasons already mentioned. But Myth is certainly worth a go too.