Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Have a new Life Spell! ....What Do I Do?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
I found the Calming spell by chance after I finished the Sunken City. But what does it do?

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I am going to assume you are talking about the spell, Calm.

There is this invisible thing in the game called Threat. So when you join battle, the one that you pull in is usually the one that attacks you. Say someone comes into the battle after you, thus pulling in a new monster, that monster will then attack them, not you. That is the Threat playing out.

Now say you do a multi-attack, but don't kill any of the enemies. You will see that the even the one that was attack the other player is now attacking you. You have generated more Threat.

Calm reduces this Threat, and thus, may make the monsters attack the other person in battle with you. That is, once your Threat becomes less than the other player's.

There is a catch. Calm makes no difference in PvP, as well as when you alone are fighting enemies.

So I hope that explained a little bit about Calm and Threat, and how all of that works.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
I am going to assume you are talking about the spell, Calm.

There is this invisible thing in the game called Threat. So when you join battle, the one that you pull in is usually the one that attacks you. Say someone comes into the battle after you, thus pulling in a new monster, that monster will then attack them, not you. That is the Threat playing out.

Now say you do a multi-attack, but don't kill any of the enemies. You will see that the even the one that was attack the other player is now attacking you. You have generated more Threat.

Calm reduces this Threat, and thus, may make the monsters attack the other person in battle with you. That is, once your Threat becomes less than the other player's.

There is a catch. Calm makes no difference in PvP, as well as when you alone are fighting enemies.

So I hope that explained a little bit about Calm and Threat, and how all of that works.

Best of luck!
S.S.
thank you very much! although that card does seem kind of cruel for someone from the life class lol...

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
MaiMaii on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
thank you very much! although that card does seem kind of cruel for someone from the life class lol...
think about it this way:

Life is supposed to be the healer. Life should always heal first and attack only if no one is hurt. So, if you play calm on the enemy, then they won't be tearing you up while you are healing everyone else.

It leaves you free to concentrate on keeping your team alive.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
I wouldnt use it, waste of pips

Trevor GoldenHaven Lvl 100
Trevor AshHaven Lvl 42
Trevor StormHaven Lvl 10- PvP Rating 1463
Trevor FrostHaven Lvl 5- Pvp Rating 1265

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
Thanks,I always wonder what the card did.