Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Wintertusk Challenge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
Good morning to the Spiral! My username is vevoman but you can call me 'Tip'. Today, I'd like to quickly go over something that my friends and I are trying, and that I recommend to any wizard who wants some additional challenge from the game.

This is called the Wintertusk Challenge. It originated about over a year ago, when I was bored and discovered I could get to Wintertusk as low as Level 40, simply by completing Ravenscar. This is how it works:

• To access Wintertusk, you just have to beat the Ravenscar questline. The questline can be accessed by going through the rest of Grizzleheim (Pass, Roughlands, Keep) and getting the quest "The Bigger They Are", which requires you to defeat the pretty tough boss Jotun.
  • This means, considering how little experience Grizzleheim in general gives players, you can access Wintertusk as low as level 40! Wintertusk is more recommended for players that have defeated Dragonspyre and are going through Celestia, but you can access it before you even beat Mooshu!

This is exciting because it gives players a huge challenge: can you beat Wintertusk before you beat Mooshu? Can you beat Wintertusk starting at level 40? I've gotten close before, solo, but that final dungeon is a real pain! With friends, however, I'm sure I can make it through that final hurdle. What about the rest of you? Are any of you going to attempt the Wintertusk Challenge on any new wizards?

I highly recommend it, especially if you have some dedicated friends! It's a real blast, and will test your strategic skills far more than regularly going through the game!

Some Additional Rules:
  • No henchmen allowed. Crown gear is allowed, though. Having good equipment isn't a crime, but buying help just isn't fair.
  • You must be level 40 when you start Wintertusk. If you're level 41, fine, that's fair, but you get the best experience when you're only level 40.
  • You may have as many friends help you as you wish as long as they're close to your level and also doing the challenge alongside you. Otherwise, you can't call in any favors for this one!
  • Have fun. This will be a frustrating ride if you decide to get on it, but I guarantee you that the rush of completion you get when you defeat the bosses is amazing!
Disclaimer: I don't know if I'm the first one to come up with this challenge. I'm probably not. I just haven't seen the challenge posted anywhere, so I decided to do it myself. If this was anyone's original idea, I in no way mean to steal it; I am simply sharing it with the rest of the Spiral.

~ Tip
Dragoncatcher: Level 88
Mythsword: Level 70 [Got so close to finishing the challenge, but I quit at the last dungeon]
Starforge: Level 46 [Doing the challenge now!]
Spellsword: Level 40 (Yes I know that's another Balance wizard, yes I know that's a bit of a waste, sue me) [Getting ready to do the challenge with friends!]
Fireblade: Level 32
Dragoncaller: Level 14

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I have almost completed the Wintertusk challenge,
I started on level 41 (I could have started on level 40 but I got frustrated doing the final bosses by soloing it in Grizzleheim and constantly failing even though my solo required a lot of luck to win (basically I was preparing a massive tempest with life mastery and treasure card shielding and regular shielding to to keep me alive. So I did some quests in Mooshu and decided it was time to come back but with a life henchmen to defeat the bosses when I was a level 41).
I beat the Wintertusk story line before Mooshu
I did almost all of Wintertusk solo, the only thing I didn't solo was the final two battles in the final dungeon in Wintertusk, I used henchmen because it was really challenging to solo the final two battles.

Doing this challenge was worth my time because it taught me how to become a even more smart, efficient, and powerful player against the AI.

P.S. The only thing that is holding me back from being even more powerful is the lack of top gear of everything.