Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need another character slot

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
It is driving me absolutely crazy that I cannot make one of every school. I am a collector of sorts on games and have never run into the issue where I could not make at least one of every character. Would be an opportunity for wiz101 to bring is some extra money

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Your not alone on that friend, but i think i know what happened to make it one desk short.

Hummer me for a second, What if KI never intended for Balance to be a playable school? But when Beta came around to closing for full release there was a wash for requests for a Balance playable school which in a sense forced there hand.

This is at least something to ponder, but like you I'd love to have an extra deck or three.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
While that makes sense Wizard101 has progressed far too much to keep the 6 wizard limit. Make your classroom bigger, there have been many topics on this, and I bet even more unapproved, and everybody as a whole playing Wizard101 would love this option.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dwhis89 on Mar 13, 2016 wrote:
It is driving me absolutely crazy that I cannot make one of every school. I am a collector of sorts on games and have never run into the issue where I could not make at least one of every character. Would be an opportunity for wiz101 to bring is some extra money
Actually it's just the opposite. With the 6 character limit, you are forced to buy another account in order to have all 7 schools at once. THAT's the money maker here. And it's exactly why it won't change. People have asked for this hundreds of times over the years. KI has made it clear they have no plans to change it.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
New account doesn't mean more money, at least I don't think so. The new account would only have 1 character on it.

I'm probably one of the few people who does this, but I like to match my characters up with items that suit them aesthetically.

For example, my Death wizard, the first of 6, has a Nightflame Pegasus, a Panther, Swiftshadow Wings, a Grey Warg, a Death Leprechaun and an Ianthine Spectre, and a Death House that I bought with crowns to go with it all.

(Yes, I'm aware the houses can be purchased with gold...)

Whereas if I were to create a new character, say Storm? I would get that Lightning Cloud and the Shark and stuff. I would probably end up buying such a set of stuff for each character I create. Having one more character on one more account wouldn't mean spending more, it would just be spread out over two accounts...

Creating more characters means having the urge to purchase items and gear to match that new character. Plus potions and such to help level faster and get more gold and do more damage etc. etc.

I imagine there's only need to have one more chair, which can be unlocked by paying 5000 crowns or something, and that's some extra cash right there, and then like I said, with one new character comes more temptation to spend...temptation some, like myself, yield to.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
RavenLady777 on Mar 20, 2016 wrote:
Actually it's just the opposite. With the 6 character limit, you are forced to buy another account in order to have all 7 schools at once. THAT's the money maker here. And it's exactly why it won't change. People have asked for this hundreds of times over the years. KI has made it clear they have no plans to change it.
That's greed. If the hosts of the game are too greedy I'm discouraged to buy anything from them.

And what Sweeney said is completely accurate, the more characters, the more things you want to buy, even if you don't match them up. If you have a lot of characters, you'll get annoyed having to continue putting mounts in the shared bank when you're done with them, therefore you'll want to buy more mounts. With more elements, you want to buy element-specific pets to get more traps and the like. Those are only a few examples.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Uncle Sweeney on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
New account doesn't mean more money, at least I don't think so. The new account would only have 1 character on it.

I'm probably one of the few people who does this, but I like to match my characters up with items that suit them aesthetically.

For example, my Death wizard, the first of 6, has a Nightflame Pegasus, a Panther, Swiftshadow Wings, a Grey Warg, a Death Leprechaun and an Ianthine Spectre, and a Death House that I bought with crowns to go with it all.

(Yes, I'm aware the houses can be purchased with gold...)

Whereas if I were to create a new character, say Storm? I would get that Lightning Cloud and the Shark and stuff. I would probably end up buying such a set of stuff for each character I create. Having one more character on one more account wouldn't mean spending more, it would just be spread out over two accounts...

Creating more characters means having the urge to purchase items and gear to match that new character. Plus potions and such to help level faster and get more gold and do more damage etc. etc.

I imagine there's only need to have one more chair, which can be unlocked by paying 5000 crowns or something, and that's some extra cash right there, and then like I said, with one new character comes more temptation to spend...temptation some, like myself, yield to.
Making new wizards on the same account barely accounts for money for me. I have only bought 1 5k gift card and I get all my other crowns from giveaways and earn crowns button. I just buy ugly mounts for gold and also craft the school whirlwinds but I almost never buy crowns. Literally the only profit kingsisle gets from me making a new wizard is the membership I pay to lvl up my wizards. Believe me, I want a 7th character slot but it seems very unlikely for that to happen anytime soon because KI basically makes 2x more money for buying member for 2 accounts compared to 1 account.

Lvl 110
Lvl 57
Lvl 25

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Fable Finder on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
That's greed. If the hosts of the game are too greedy I'm discouraged to buy anything from them.

And what Sweeney said is completely accurate, the more characters, the more things you want to buy, even if you don't match them up. If you have a lot of characters, you'll get annoyed having to continue putting mounts in the shared bank when you're done with them, therefore you'll want to buy more mounts. With more elements, you want to buy element-specific pets to get more traps and the like. Those are only a few examples.
It's not greed... it's called business. KI doesn't do this for fun (although I bet it's a riot to work there!). This is their livelihood. It would be utter foolishness for them to go out of their way to reduce their cash flow. I understand the desire to play that seventh wizard but in all honesty playing six is a chore, at least for me anyway. And as sure as the day is long if KI ever added a slot for number seven, the very next day there would be complaints that there should be an eighth slot because "I want to play two Death wizards!"... mark my words.
Also, buying more mounts or pets can get expensive... a new mount and pet for every school would add up to more than what you'd spend on a second account... and that would be a win-win. You get six more slots, KI gets the revenue, happiness and glee abound.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TucsonWizard on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
It's not greed... it's called business. KI doesn't do this for fun (although I bet it's a riot to work there!). This is their livelihood. It would be utter foolishness for them to go out of their way to reduce their cash flow. I understand the desire to play that seventh wizard but in all honesty playing six is a chore, at least for me anyway. And as sure as the day is long if KI ever added a slot for number seven, the very next day there would be complaints that there should be an eighth slot because "I want to play two Death wizards!"... mark my words.
Also, buying more mounts or pets can get expensive... a new mount and pet for every school would add up to more than what you'd spend on a second account... and that would be a win-win. You get six more slots, KI gets the revenue, happiness and glee abound.
Hehe, yeah, I'm barely at Dragonspyre after a month of playing :P doing this five more times would take forever and would be super draining, let alone 6+ more times.

I was thinking the same thing, I just knew that whether it was reasonable or not someone would want more than one more slot. I guess if they wanted to have two necromancers with varying secondary schools, that would kinda make sense?

I don't know.

At any rate, like ya said, tis' a business, and why not capitalize on this want? If creating more characters cost extra, then that just means more revenue, which means more incentive to continue developing and running the game.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
I say add the slot buy make it go for 20,000 crowns lol and make the class room different on the loading screen to where the character you select is positioned in front of a teacher desk, and they switch out just like they stand in the middle, so yea :P with a price of 20k crowns, ain't no one buying XD, i'd just watch with interest at all the complaints and just reply, "you got your slot, did you expect it to be free? they lose money on giving you a slot, just be happy you have a chance at all at getting one"

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Ryan DayBreaker on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I say add the slot buy make it go for 20,000 crowns lol and make the class room different on the loading screen to where the character you select is positioned in front of a teacher desk, and they switch out just like they stand in the middle, so yea :P with a price of 20k crowns, ain't no one buying XD, i'd just watch with interest at all the complaints and just reply, "you got your slot, did you expect it to be free? they lose money on giving you a slot, just be happy you have a chance at all at getting one"
I don't think anyone is expecting them to be free.

I don't think KI loses money either by adding the slot.

They do stand to gain quite a bit of revenue adding the "purchase character slot" feature though.

In addition: school changing, name changing, feature changing (ie. hair, eyes, skin etc.)

These are all perfectly fine ideas, things that are all very much in demand and will continue to be.

I say give the players what they want for a reasonable price, and everyone benefits.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
dwhis89 on Mar 13, 2016 wrote:
Great idea!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Uncle Sweeney on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I don't think anyone is expecting them to be free.

I don't think KI loses money either by adding the slot.

They do stand to gain quite a bit of revenue adding the "purchase character slot" feature though.

In addition: school changing, name changing, feature changing (ie. hair, eyes, skin etc.)

These are all perfectly fine ideas, things that are all very much in demand and will continue to be.

I say give the players what they want for a reasonable price, and everyone benefits.
Agreed. As long as there are 6 desks there will always be a demand for a 7th. I doubt anyone would want two death wizards and if they did then they can make another account but KI should definitely give the option to experiment with every school.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
KI really needs to do this. This would make a ton of players happy, including me, about having a seventh character.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Fable Finder on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
Agreed. As long as there are 6 desks there will always be a demand for a 7th. I doubt anyone would want two death wizards and if they did then they can make another account but KI should definitely give the option to experiment with every school.
I mean, at least 1 more desk right? meh, maybe one day.

Then again it might be nice if they eventually introduced new starter schools...

The classes taught at Pigswick Academy for example, which are indeed just variations of those taught at Ravenwood, but still...

Perhaps having the Astral spells eventually become Starter schools instead of just supplementary...