Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrating Potent Trap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I don't know what brought me back to playing Wizard again after a few years of not playing it. I guess it's true absence makes the heart grow fonder. After a couple of years off I had forgotten how very frustrating this game can be. Please help me understand why it has to be so difficult to get the Potent Trap card. We pay to play this game because it's supposed to be fun. It's not fun to spend countless hours on the computer doing the same thing over and over to get this card. It the Potent Trap weren't so vital to crafting, I would just forget about the recipe and never think about it again. However, this card is vital to crafting in order to progress. And now beyond the frustration of this card I have a bunch of recipes that I can't make because I can't get the Sonic Screw. Someone suggested that it's no big deal as the Telegraph Boxes will be returning. What good will that do when you can't get one to drop, it just won't drop then either. I just don't understand why some things have to be overbearingly hard to get. I understand having a challenge and I am good with that. I garden to get other reagents that are difficult. I get up early and go through realm after realm to get items I need, I don't mind that at all. But this is just too much! Before I decide to quit the game again I thought I would ask if there is anything I can do to have a better chance at getting a drop. Would it help to bring henchmen in? Do I need to kill the minion first, etc. I have tried several different strategies and nothing has helped so far. I have seen the list of bosses that "supposedly" drop this so I don't need that suggestion. I can see on the message boards and on other areas on the internet how frustrating this is for people. But there is always that one person who has to respond that they got there card the first time. Well, wouldn't it be great to be so lucky. Perhaps you could at least let this card be traded so all of us other people could get one from the "lucky" people. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get this frustrating piece to this vital recipe. Thank you.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
balnwizard on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
I don't know what brought me back to playing Wizard again after a few years of not playing it. I guess it's true absence makes the heart grow fonder. After a couple of years off I had forgotten how very frustrating this game can be. Please help me understand why it has to be so difficult to get the Potent Trap card. We pay to play this game because it's supposed to be fun. It's not fun to spend countless hours on the computer doing the same thing over and over to get this card. It the Potent Trap weren't so vital to crafting, I would just forget about the recipe and never think about it again. However, this card is vital to crafting in order to progress. And now beyond the frustration of this card I have a bunch of recipes that I can't make because I can't get the Sonic Screw. Someone suggested that it's no big deal as the Telegraph Boxes will be returning. What good will that do when you can't get one to drop, it just won't drop then either. I just don't understand why some things have to be overbearingly hard to get. I understand having a challenge and I am good with that. I garden to get other reagents that are difficult. I get up early and go through realm after realm to get items I need, I don't mind that at all. But this is just too much! Before I decide to quit the game again I thought I would ask if there is anything I can do to have a better chance at getting a drop. Would it help to bring henchmen in? Do I need to kill the minion first, etc. I have tried several different strategies and nothing has helped so far. I have seen the list of bosses that "supposedly" drop this so I don't need that suggestion. I can see on the message boards and on other areas on the internet how frustrating this is for people. But there is always that one person who has to respond that they got there card the first time. Well, wouldn't it be great to be so lucky. Perhaps you could at least let this card be traded so all of us other people could get one from the "lucky" people. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get this frustrating piece to this vital recipe. Thank you.
Farm gladiator or cronus, you get amber and a decent athame and a good ring and a chance of mastery amulets along with the chance of a potent trap tc. I have gotten unlucky with potent trap tc's before. I never got 1 on my fire and for all my other wizards, they got it at the end of Azteca.

Lvl 110
Lvl 50
Lvl 25

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
It's a bit ridiculous how it's not tradable.