Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yet another new school idea?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Alright, I know everyone's probably tired of new school ideas but here's one anyway...

The school of Attachment.

These spells would be in a category similar to Sun and Star based spells in that they would modify existing spells.
Stupefy: places a -45% Mantle effect when added to any attack spell.
Residual Trap: places a +30% universal trap when added to any attack spell.
Impairment: places a -30% weakness when added to any attack spell.
Bewilderment: places a 50% chance to stun when added to any attack spell.
Sap: removes three of the enemy's pips when added to any attack spell.

Of course, like any other supplemental spells these would be limited to one per spell but the effects would stack if the spell already has a similar enchantment. For example, adding a Residual Trap to a Brimstone Revenant would cause the spell to allow the +25% Fire Trap it currently adds plus the +30% universal trap. Adding Impairment to a Handsome Fomori would allow the -25% Mantle it currently adds plus a -45% Mantle.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I like your idea but can't we just add these spells as school spells because technically these are enchantments.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
cocolate78 on Mar 10, 2016 wrote:
I like your idea but can't we just add these spells as school spells because technically these are enchantments.
I suppose so but Sun spells modify our outgoing damage and the accuracy of our attacks. These fall into a different category because they place negative charms on the enemy. The use of these would preclude the use of Sun or Star spells on the same attack. Also, adding something like this to an existing school would limit their accessibility to higher level players if the current progression were to be maintained.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
These are great ideas, and I have tweaked and extended the list

Stupefy: places a -35% Mantle on target after spell

Residual Trap: places a +20% universal trap on target after spell

Impairment: places a -20% weakness on target after spell

Bewilderment: adds 40% chance for spell to stun target after spell [Attack spells only]

Sap: removes two pips (or 1 power pip) from target's pips after spell [Attack spells only]

Vampire Bite: heals back 20% of damage done after spell [Attack spells only]

Well Armed: adds a 15% universal blade to self after spell

Well Protected: adds a 30% universal shield to self after spell

Simplify: removes amount of needed pips to cast spell by 1 (exists)

Elucidate: removes amount of needed pips to cast spell by 2 (exists)

Triphage: removes amount of needed pips to cast spell by 3

Considerate: adds a 15% bladestorm to all after spell

Recollection: gain 25% of pips back from spell [No Pvp] [33% of odd numbers]

Fortification: adds a 10% fortify aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Infalliate: adds a 10% infallible aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Amplification: adds a 10% amplify aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Revenge: adds a 15% vengeance aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Repair: adds a 15% mend aura to self after spell

Preparation: adds a 300 spirit armor to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Spritely: adds a sprite healing over time to self after spell

Hope you like my ideas!
-JayperCentral (jayper5000)

Hero
May 07, 2015
RyanThunderCaster on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
These are great ideas, and I have tweaked and extended the list

Stupefy: places a -35% Mantle on target after spell

Residual Trap: places a +20% universal trap on target after spell

Impairment: places a -20% weakness on target after spell

Bewilderment: adds 40% chance for spell to stun target after spell [Attack spells only]

Sap: removes two pips (or 1 power pip) from target's pips after spell [Attack spells only]

Vampire Bite: heals back 20% of damage done after spell [Attack spells only]

Well Armed: adds a 15% universal blade to self after spell

Well Protected: adds a 30% universal shield to self after spell

Simplify: removes amount of needed pips to cast spell by 1 (exists)

Elucidate: removes amount of needed pips to cast spell by 2 (exists)

Triphage: removes amount of needed pips to cast spell by 3

Considerate: adds a 15% bladestorm to all after spell

Recollection: gain 25% of pips back from spell [No Pvp] [33% of odd numbers]

Fortification: adds a 10% fortify aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Infalliate: adds a 10% infallible aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Amplification: adds a 10% amplify aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Revenge: adds a 15% vengeance aura to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Repair: adds a 15% mend aura to self after spell

Preparation: adds a 300 spirit armor to self after spell [Attack spells only]

Spritely: adds a sprite healing over time to self after spell

Hope you like my ideas!
-JayperCentral (jayper5000)
spritely is a pet spell so it already exists but the rest sounds awesome

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
This is an excellent idea. However, I feel for the current battle strategies and levels it is very over-powered.

This would be a very nice thing to implement in future world releases when the level cap is higher, or perhaps sooner if there is an additional cost associated with applying the "Attachement".

Very impressed with these ideas though!

I often scour the bazaar for unique TC cards that have special additions, such as Wildfire Treant which combines an attack with a "Steal Charm" spell. The extra action, such as steal charm, usually takes an entire extra turn and an extra pip, whereas Wildfire Treant has a higher pip cost and includes steal charm, lessening the amount of actions needed to perform both.

A suggestion - Perhaps the "Attachment" card could add the associated pip cost to the attacking card. For example, adding "Smoke Screen" attachment to a spell card could not only add the -45% accuracy mantle but also increase the spell card's cost by 1 pip (which is the cost of the Smoke Screen spell).

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Ellie Goldenheart on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
This is an excellent idea. However, I feel for the current battle strategies and levels it is very over-powered.

This would be a very nice thing to implement in future world releases when the level cap is higher, or perhaps sooner if there is an additional cost associated with applying the "Attachement".

Very impressed with these ideas though!

I often scour the bazaar for unique TC cards that have special additions, such as Wildfire Treant which combines an attack with a "Steal Charm" spell. The extra action, such as steal charm, usually takes an entire extra turn and an extra pip, whereas Wildfire Treant has a higher pip cost and includes steal charm, lessening the amount of actions needed to perform both.

A suggestion - Perhaps the "Attachment" card could add the associated pip cost to the attacking card. For example, adding "Smoke Screen" attachment to a spell card could not only add the -45% accuracy mantle but also increase the spell card's cost by 1 pip (which is the cost of the Smoke Screen spell).
I was thinking the same thing. This is a good idea but can you imagine a first turn glowbugs with bewilderment attached from (first or second). Not only is half or more of my life gone, but now I'm potentially stunned and can't do anything this round or even worse the next.

Or even worse a loremaster with stupefy (-70 accuracy), or mana burn with sap (6 pips)??!!

These effects need to increase the cost of the spell they are enchanting.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Mr Talon on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. This is a good idea but can you imagine a first turn glowbugs with bewilderment attached from (first or second). Not only is half or more of my life gone, but now I'm potentially stunned and can't do anything this round or even worse the next.

Or even worse a loremaster with stupefy (-70 accuracy), or mana burn with sap (6 pips)??!!

These effects need to increase the cost of the spell they are enchanting.
In a way there would be a price to pay for using Attachments... you would not be able to buff the damage or accuracy with Sun or Star spells... but I wouldn't be opposed to adding an extra pip requirement to cast the spell. That would virtually eliminate the "first turn" Glowbug, or any of the other 5-pip Shadow enhanced spells which appears to be the greatest concern for the second-position PvPers.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
TucsonWizard on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
In a way there would be a price to pay for using Attachments... you would not be able to buff the damage or accuracy with Sun or Star spells... but I wouldn't be opposed to adding an extra pip requirement to cast the spell. That would virtually eliminate the "first turn" Glowbug, or any of the other 5-pip Shadow enhanced spells which appears to be the greatest concern for the second-position PvPers.
Unless your super lucky, and start off with 3 power pips, I was even level 30 and I started a match with 3 regular pips

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
I like the idea but mantle and weakness can be abused easily with Loremaster.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
How about a "potion" based school - Alchemy. This would be different than a "spell based" school in that you would learn how to make potions. The potions could have could enhance existing spells.They could act like enchants - for example, a potion "card" could be selected to enhance a specific attack. For example, a 25% damage potion card could be attached to an attack spell card and would increase the attack damage for that one attack by 25%. The spell cost would be zero mana. Or maybe you could take a "potion" one round, and the next round whatever you do - attack, heal, cast a blade, etc. would be buffed by 10% or 25% or whatever.

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
Cant we just add that to the sun school? Or, possibly, the shadow school? And also change the 'Stupify' spell's name. That name belongs to a book series called Harry Potter, so i'm not sure if youll be able to use that name.
Also, I think that those enchantments (or most of them) should NOT be aloud in Pvp.

Cori SkullBlood lvl 50

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
TucsonWizard on Mar 10, 2016 wrote:
Alright, I know everyone's probably tired of new school ideas but here's one anyway...

These spells would be in a category similar to Sun and Star based spells in that they would modify existing spells.

Of course, like any other supplemental spells these would be limited to one per spell but the effects would stack if the spell already has a similar enchantment. For example, adding a Residual Trap to a Brimstone Revenant would cause the spell to allow the +25% Fire Trap it currently adds plus the +30% universal trap. Adding Impairment to a Handsome Fomori would allow the -25% Mantle it currently adds plus a -45% Mantle.
I had a rather similar idea about a Dragonspyrian school of Crystal magic that explored 'Augmentations'. In fact, I'll post the link here 'https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/dragonspyre-schools-8ad6a41a4d8f5bbf014d968dec7b1a16'.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
camahawk on Jun 3, 2016 wrote:
Unless your super lucky, and start off with 3 power pips, I was even level 30 and I started a match with 3 regular pips
you can't start with 3 power pips right now. The most you get is 5 pips:

1 power pip from your wand
1 power pip from your power pip chance without your wand
1 regular pip from your deck

There are no decks yet that yield you a power pip at the start of battle, unless Im missing something

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TucsonWizard on Mar 10, 2016 wrote:

I LIKE the idea of furthering astral school manipulation of regular spells. So long as the add-ons were balanced, I have no problem supporting this :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
dayerider on Jun 4, 2016 wrote:
you can't start with 3 power pips right now. The most you get is 5 pips:

1 power pip from your wand
1 power pip from your power pip chance without your wand
1 regular pip from your deck

There are no decks yet that yield you a power pip at the start of battle, unless Im missing something
I had like 3/4 times where the game started me off with 3 pips and I was lvl 30, its probably a bug... Or as I said, super lucky.... But yeah