Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and Shadow Magic in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2015
Hi fellow Wizards or staff reading this. I am just going to get right into it, as you can see in the title i am talking about shadow magic and critical in PvP and what in my own opinion think should happen and i just want to see if anyone agrees with me or not. I think both critical and shadow magic should be "No PvP" the reason is because it makes matches way to luck based, i would like to see PvP way more strategy based instead of luck, there has been alot of players quiting recently because of how far downhill PvP has gone, i've heard a possible "PvP fix" update is coming i am not sure if thats a rumor or not. But i'd like to see critical and shadow magic banned from pvp, it would solve ALOT of issues. Thanks for reading

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
mysticalmagicwizar... on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi fellow Wizards or staff reading this. I am just going to get right into it, as you can see in the title i am talking about shadow magic and critical in PvP and what in my own opinion think should happen and i just want to see if anyone agrees with me or not. I think both critical and shadow magic should be "No PvP" the reason is because it makes matches way to luck based, i would like to see PvP way more strategy based instead of luck, there has been alot of players quiting recently because of how far downhill PvP has gone, i've heard a possible "PvP fix" update is coming i am not sure if thats a rumor or not. But i'd like to see critical and shadow magic banned from pvp, it would solve ALOT of issues. Thanks for reading
I don't think Kingsisle Don't Really Care About PVP

(wouldn't matter) people spamming dispel (possible to win have shadow magic or not!

only thing I fix in pvp (for people haven't train shadow magic) wizard already train shadow magic can't enter match wizard haven't train shadow magic)

beside can't rid of shadow pips stay there forever (when get shadow magic) beside don't think going banned shadow magic from pvp because wizard101 just already got shadow magic school (new ravenwood school call: Arcanum) don't think going remove it from pvp

because shadow magic not everything just for pvp and I think cool have shadow enchanted spell :) allot more easy kill boss and I happy for ice (be little more offense others then defense all the time! good for ice (now have higher advantage with armor pierce in pvp :)

I love snowball barrage (finally got one useful spell strongest then storm)

I don't care people hate snowball barrage wouldn't matter storm win pvp always (for some ice able beat storm better group)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2015
JustinFrostHunter on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
I don't think Kingsisle Don't Really Care About PVP

(wouldn't matter) people spamming dispel (possible to win have shadow magic or not!

only thing I fix in pvp (for people haven't train shadow magic) wizard already train shadow magic can't enter match wizard haven't train shadow magic)

beside can't rid of shadow pips stay there forever (when get shadow magic) beside don't think going banned shadow magic from pvp because wizard101 just already got shadow magic school (new ravenwood school call: Arcanum) don't think going remove it from pvp

because shadow magic not everything just for pvp and I think cool have shadow enchanted spell :) allot more easy kill boss and I happy for ice (be little more offense others then defense all the time! good for ice (now have higher advantage with armor pierce in pvp :)

I love snowball barrage (finally got one useful spell strongest then storm)

I don't care people hate snowball barrage wouldn't matter storm win pvp always (for some ice able beat storm better group)
I think you miss understand what i was saying "No PvP" its ONLY banned in pvp, not out side pvp, they can make shadow spells "no pvp". So it is possible, but i doubt they will do it. Even though there are only 15k active accounts which is pretty sad, not trying to be mean to KI but its true. I love this game but its going downhill and if they don't fix it soon then itll be 5k or less. Critical ruining PvP has been a smashing success, they need to remove it from pvp but not the entire game. Most people only played this game PvP and most of them have left, the realms just look sad anymore.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
Amen to that. I don't think removing those will still make PvP fair. I have been preaching this for so long and risk sounding like a broken record: the advantage certain schools have over others is really putting people off PvP. For example, I try really, really hard with my Myth with interesting strategies to only find an opponent gains a shadow pip sooner or later and just literally spams. Ice is a prime target, all they use are ice bird, tower shield, fortify, blade and abominable weaver. The last spell mentioned is the reason why I believe Ice is doing well. I am sick and tired of being punished for actually trying in PvP. Don't get me started with Balance, with the brainless lore master and gaze. I have been a sharp critic of critical in PvP because it is one thing having a probability determine what cards show up in your hand, another when other probabilities are factored in. I think I won't even start with fire as my blood boils when I talk about that accursed school of magic. In order to fix PvP, KI should either remove the advantage other schools have over others or buff the other schools who are held hostage under the 3 dominating schools.

I also think another reason why PvP is messed up is because how is an Ice rocking over 7k health with 30% ish pierce, 90+ damage, 60% ish resist and hitting as hard as storm. Obviously I say that because all you need to do to a storm is poke them and they're already in danger zone. Addressing the imbalance of the 7 schools internal statistics will help make PvP better again. I hope this spring update helps fix this problem, but knowing KI and their neglect of PvP, I really doubt this problem will be addressed.

But one can dream.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
I think that the new crit system has fixed your issue

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
mysticalmagicwizar... on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
I couldn't disagree with you more. Criticals are needed in PvP. I think the issue is how the critical system works, not the critical.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
mysticalmagicwizar... on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
I think you miss understand what i was saying "No PvP" its ONLY banned in pvp, not out side pvp, they can make shadow spells "no pvp". So it is possible, but i doubt they will do it. Even though there are only 15k active accounts which is pretty sad, not trying to be mean to KI but its true. I love this game but its going downhill and if they don't fix it soon then itll be 5k or less. Critical ruining PvP has been a smashing success, they need to remove it from pvp but not the entire game. Most people only played this game PvP and most of them have left, the realms just look sad anymore.
I don't think going chance it (because would need shadow magic) incase resist does increase? no longer wizard city anymore and now have armor pierce fight against immunity! more spell then shadow magic be more broken even different or strong then shadow magic?

only reason KI nerf critical so, get more better gear so, more block people complain how broken critical block was?

I just don't think people, don't care people leave or quit the game or not but there lost for giving up!

I can't wait future of wizard101 when reach more then 110

not all game and what spell that you want to be for thing others like because you don't like because broken pvp but not everybody play pvp and want to broken pvp then be mine guess because I don't care for pvp and only thing I care about future of new spells

I do agree shadow magic is overpower but all got try something different because not wizard city anymore!
reason why Polaris so, easy because went easy on us because 1st world of 3rd arc because critical was nerf also second reason why was easy because everybody wearing mailstaire gear?

I think Polaris was hard because mine ice didn't have malistaire gear so, try make is own offense gear without mailstaire gear and work just fine but was going promise mine self in Polaris going to use immunity on ice wizard to all school threw out defense gear but it took to long because ice mobs have ice absorb always get me because hard to remove off shield when are doing defense especially when others ice mods use towers or legion shield others ice mods have ice absorbs on them (take longer to kill when using defense unless with a myth wizard)

I like being offense better because don't need worry about resist anymore on boss because now have armor pierce (no need of using prims or incase forget prims and prims only useful against immunity in pvp or boosting spell from others school!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
Angel of Solitude on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
I couldn't disagree with you more. Criticals are needed in PvP. I think the issue is how the critical system works, not the critical.
Explain why criticals are needed in PvP please?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Finally, an intelligent person here. I 100% agree with you on this, and think that if they got rid of shadow enhanced spells and critical hits from PvP, that would drive a insane amount of players back.. The best solution would be just to remove crits and shadow enhanced spells from PvP.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Tyler Dream on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
  • For one, some schools need critical to do efficient damage. Not everyone bypasses 100 damage.

• If there is no critical, there's no point on healing, unless you have Jade Gear with sufficient in/outgoing healing, which not everyone has.

• Some spells depend on critical to be effective. If Guardian Spirit is unable to critical, there's no point on having this spell. 15% of your health is not going to save you from the next incoming spell.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
AngelBlade69 on Apr 23, 2016 wrote:
Finally, an intelligent person here. I 100% agree with you on this, and think that if they got rid of shadow enhanced spells and critical hits from PvP, that would drive a insane amount of players back.. The best solution would be just to remove crits and shadow enhanced spells from PvP.
I totally agree.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Tyler Dream on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
won't able to get new worlds :) game don't chance (people would quit don't get a new worlds others then quitting pvp) people want new thing to chance pvp around! didn't have critical or critical block (would be able pass wintertusk because cheat boss reason made critical & critical block also count for resist!

beside armor pierce new to spiral add armor pierce stat on our spiral book when had zafaria as new worlds reason why don't have mega pet snack in test realms want others players to test our new item and don't want people figure out stat of new pets drop when get new world or others new dungeon place!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Angel of Solitude on Apr 23, 2016 wrote:
  • For one, some schools need critical to do efficient damage. Not everyone bypasses 100 damage.

• If there is no critical, there's no point on healing, unless you have Jade Gear with sufficient in/outgoing healing, which not everyone has.

• Some spells depend on critical to be effective. If Guardian Spirit is unable to critical, there's no point on having this spell. 15% of your health is not going to save you from the next incoming spell.
1. If you're exalt and you're not ice and have below 100 damage then you shouldn't even be in the pvp arena.
2. Critical heals are way too op, one critical availing can gain you back half your health.
3. Don't guardian spirit then, it's not necessary to win pvp matches. I myself have never had the need to use guardian spirit.

Lvl 110
Lvl 98
Lvl 27