Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Approaching level 100

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
My myth wizard that i created in 2010 is finally approaching level 100. Can you guys tell me what my job is for when i do stuff like the morganthe fight and darkmoor? By the way, I did some stat judging and have decided that the darkmoor gear is the best gear for myth. So wouldn't it be a waste of time to do the one shot gauntlets? I have also been told that most people will only do darkmoor with people who have good stats. If I get crafted gear in khrysalis will that be good enough?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dragonhelper2000 on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
My myth wizard that i created in 2010 is finally approaching level 100. Can you guys tell me what my job is for when i do stuff like the morganthe fight and darkmoor? By the way, I did some stat judging and have decided that the darkmoor gear is the best gear for myth. So wouldn't it be a waste of time to do the one shot gauntlets? I have also been told that most people will only do darkmoor with people who have good stats. If I get crafted gear in khrysalis will that be good enough?
first of all, congratulations on your level up :)

if you're myth, chances are people will look to you as a hitter for both instances (unlike storm, myth doesn't have to mess around with converts for morganthe or shane battles), maybe shatter for yevgeni; i find that myth is one of the best schools to have on your team in such instances.

the one-shot gauntlets have gear that's comparable to the darkmoor gear, but it is very rare~ i've done over 20 of them myself, and have never gotten anything worth keeping.

my own myth wizard is only level 70, so i won't be of much more help to you. but one of my best in-game friends has a max-level conjurer with awesome stats and not a single piece of darkmoor gear. i don't remember what she's using, but hopefully she'll chime in here. @brynnerofreign

-von

prodigious
exalted
transcendent
magus

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
Dr Von on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
first of all, congratulations on your level up :)

if you're myth, chances are people will look to you as a hitter for both instances (unlike storm, myth doesn't have to mess around with converts for morganthe or shane battles), maybe shatter for yevgeni; i find that myth is one of the best schools to have on your team in such instances.

the one-shot gauntlets have gear that's comparable to the darkmoor gear, but it is very rare~ i've done over 20 of them myself, and have never gotten anything worth keeping.

my own myth wizard is only level 70, so i won't be of much more help to you. but one of my best in-game friends has a max-level conjurer with awesome stats and not a single piece of darkmoor gear. i don't remember what she's using, but hopefully she'll chime in here. @brynnerofreign

-von

prodigious
exalted
transcendent
magus
It makes me so glad people are willing to do darkmoor with a myth wizard. but will i need to do the one shot gauntlets before darkmoor for the gear? I was told of people who will enter the dungeon, check all the stats and if someone doesn't have good stats they will leave and que up again.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dragonhelper2000 on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
It makes me so glad people are willing to do darkmoor with a myth wizard. but will i need to do the one shot gauntlets before darkmoor for the gear? I was told of people who will enter the dungeon, check all the stats and if someone doesn't have good stats they will leave and que up again.
you don't have to do anything; sure, people do quit if the team isn't perfect, but that's because they're horrible people.

/snark.

when darkmoor was released, there were no one-shot dungeons with elite gear. the whole point of doing either of these is to get the gear, so anyone who's judging your stats is not worth questing with.

-von

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
dragonhelper2000 on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
If you have a life mastery and some outgoing gear, your job is to heal. If you don't, your job is to blade the hitter. I've never been myth but I've been support in darkmoor on 3 of my wizards.

Lvl 110 (fire was back up hitter)
Lvl 31
Lvl 25