Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Normal" Clothes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Soul330 on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
Look man, I don't know about you, but to me, this is a fun and cute game.
<frantically looking for *like* button>

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
I like the art already implemented into Wizard101. I think it gives the game originality, and I hope it stays that way. Maybe try taking a break from the game if you aren't enjoying it right now. I personally love to get away from real life by entering this lovely world of magic. I do see your point, but I would like it to stay this way. Try some gear from Marleybone. It looks pretty similar to some clothes that I see in the real world.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Eh, I have been asking for patched up robes and egg whisk wands for April fools. good luck

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
omagicspells on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Just one of the exact reasons "normal" clothes make no sense!
Are you kidding me I would totally rock the sundress of pain to a battle.

And the baseball cap of devistation would totally have like a skull face of doom bedazzled onto it.

Also considering we can go charging into battle whilst clapping together coconuts or riding what looks like a child's toy train all while waving a swordfish wand and wearing Bunny outfit making sense is basically out the window.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
omagicspells on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I agree, this is a fun game, but I want it to stay a bit realistic.
Do you really think that if real people were running around in the Spiral trying to save the world, they'd be wearing the kind of stuff that we wear? I seriously doubt it.

Also, if you want realism.... you may be playing the wrong game lol

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Soul330 on Mar 13, 2016 wrote:
Do you really think that if real people were running around in the Spiral trying to save the world, they'd be wearing the kind of stuff that we wear? I seriously doubt it.

Also, if you want realism.... you may be playing the wrong game lol
No, I dont think real people would wear the same clothes that we wear in the game. I mean realistic for the wizards in the game.Just like its weird for normal people to dress like our wizards do, it seems a bit off for wizards to wear the type of clothes normal people wear.

Heather StarSong lvl 54

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Heather, might i mention again many people said before, this is a GAME, and keep in mind with the road warrior set, baddle of the bands stuff, and all the comedic mounts and such, we're not striving as a community to be serious about wizardry. I mean come on, we use russian nesting dolls and angry flaming cows as our endgame spells.

I appreciate your concern for the game, but let people do what they want. You can go prancing about on your majestic horse, wearing platemail armor from avalon, or you can ride a toy train and wear a hoodie, antlers, and rainboots. You can form a stronghold in a mountain, or live in a treehouse. You can train your battle pet up to be menacing or frightening, or you can frolick around the hills with your pet walking tree.

The game is not meant to be taken seriously. Its meant to be a fun family game with some humor, some darkness, and a pinch of edgy (with the new road warrior hoard, and khrysalis) but never was it intended to be serious.

Just my two cents
Brittany Darkdust, Level 87-ish Necromancer
Flint Strongvault, level 82-ish Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Shadow warrior on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
Heather, might i mention again many people said before, this is a GAME, and keep in mind with the road warrior set, baddle of the bands stuff, and all the comedic mounts and such, we're not striving as a community to be serious about wizardry. I mean come on, we use russian nesting dolls and angry flaming cows as our endgame spells.

I appreciate your concern for the game, but let people do what they want. You can go prancing about on your majestic horse, wearing platemail armor from avalon, or you can ride a toy train and wear a hoodie, antlers, and rainboots. You can form a stronghold in a mountain, or live in a treehouse. You can train your battle pet up to be menacing or frightening, or you can frolick around the hills with your pet walking tree.

The game is not meant to be taken seriously. Its meant to be a fun family game with some humor, some darkness, and a pinch of edgy (with the new road warrior hoard, and khrysalis) but never was it intended to be serious.

Just my two cents
Brittany Darkdust, Level 87-ish Necromancer
Flint Strongvault, level 82-ish Thaumaturge
Hey, I'm not PREVENTING people from doing what they want. I am simply suggesting that normal clothes isn't a good idea. What, am I just supposed to AGREE with what everybody says? Can't I have my own opinion? And plus, even if THIS particular game isn't meant to ne taken seriously, in real life, of I were a wizard trying to save my world, I for one, wouldn't goof off.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
omagicspells on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
Hey, I'm not PREVENTING people from doing what they want. I am simply suggesting that normal clothes isn't a good idea. What, am I just supposed to AGREE with what everybody says? Can't I have my own opinion? And plus, even if THIS particular game isn't meant to ne taken seriously, in real life, of I were a wizard trying to save my world, I for one, wouldn't goof off.
a) You're suggesting that the very idea of being able to wear normal clothes is outrageous
b) That's the point: this isn't real life.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Soul330 on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
a) You're suggesting that the very idea of being able to wear normal clothes is outrageous
b) That's the point: this isn't real life.
Im NOT suggesting the idea is "outrageous." Since when is supporting MY own opinion suggesting that its "outrageous?" And im not saying this IS real life, im just saying I want it to stay more realistic. I dont think the wizard clothes have anything wrong with them, and I would want it to stay how it is.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
omagicspells on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
Because wizards don't fight battles in normal clothes!
Yes we dont fight in normal clothes we fight in full Santa Claus costumes, whilst riding our noble butterflies into battle.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
Discord Spiders on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
Yes we dont fight in normal clothes we fight in full Santa Claus costumes, whilst riding our noble butterflies into battle.
You said what I was just thinking. between Santa clothing, pilgrim clothing, and that bunny outfit, I don't know how one can look noble or determined in battle :) I have a friend who, though I wouldn't do it myself, has on occasion worn their bunny warm up (or whatever that thing is) out to go shopping in winter, and it looks exactly like that bunny outfit in wiz101.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Discord Spiders on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
lol, yes, we do, but thats only annually to celebrate the holidays. Sometimes it would be OK to have some festive clothes on to celebrate the holidays, but if you could buy normal clothes in the crown shop, alot of people would be wearing them really often, and it gets old lol.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
nah, it'd be too weird. i was given the "rocking outfit" after i finished crab alley and it looked insanely weird on me lol.

and that newest fastest mount is even more ridiculous. it sticks out like a really sore thumb.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
omagicspells on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
Maybe YOU would, but it makes no sense! You cant walk around wizard city in normal clothes. In wizard101, you are being taught. It is a school. In some schools in real life, you get punished for not wearing uniform. As a wizard, you have to take your job seriously, as it is the world you are saving.
is that why i'm allowed to wear a skull mask, and other crap, last time i checked people didn't dress up as princesses in wizard movies, people also don't wear feathers from azteca typically that are wizards, this is a game, the spirit of the game includes what players want to do not what YOU think is best, if a player wants to wear a sweater and sweats in krok then let them, it'd just be funny, calm yourself, this is a WIZARDING GAME, nothing about this game makes sense, also allot of schools allow you to wear regular clothes, and i'm pretty sure that if i can wear a skull mask and ride a giant tree or a floating flame, i'm pretty sure they're chill with a pair of sweats and a beanie

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
TucsonWizard on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Malistaire's Baseball Cap of Eternal Devastation
Morganthe's Sun Dress of Pain
Rasputin's Flip-flops of the Pit
Death Oni's Cargo Pants of Endless Woe

Hmm... these just don't have the ominous ring to them that one might expect from wizard garb.
lmao i love these names, btw how much do the flip flops and cargo's cost

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
omagicspells on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Maybe your clothes dont have an effect on how seriously you take your job.But when you are in a battle with an enemy, you want to show them that you mean business. You dont just want them to think youre the kind of person thats just like, "oh, yeah whatever." Just because they dont change how seriously you take your job, you want people to think you CARE. The people look up to you to save them. If your whole kingdom was in danger, you would feel worried if this person that doesnt look serious about their job (maybe they are serious, but how could you tell that?) shows up to "save" you?
again with the "feathered hat made of stone" if i saw someone wearing that i would definately not rely or look up to them

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
omagicspells on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I agree, this is a fun game, but I want it to stay a bit realistic.
this is a game not realism, we ride huts with chicken legs lol

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Ryan DayBreaker on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
lmao i love these names, btw how much do the flip flops and cargo's cost
Sorry, you can't buy them, they're crafted only... but you need the Casual Wear Crafting Station which is a pretty rare drop.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
There are in fact clothes with better design, they are usually crowns or pack gear though.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Ryan DayBreaker on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
this is a game not realism, we ride huts with chicken legs lol
I dont mean things you wou;d see in real life, I mean realism for the game, cuz were wizards. In a magical place. Things like huts with chicken legs are pretty magical to me. Because it is imaginative.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Lenora SkullShade on Mar 5, 2016 wrote:
Although I personally, along with others, would rather keep whimsical clothing, I think this is a good idea. I think it would be nice for there to be a little more diversity. Especially if the clothes were sold for crowns, then it wouldn't be super 'common' to wear them. Definitely not a bad idea, I can see this being incorporated into the future game.
Agreed.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
not really into this idea; we're wizards, and this is a fantasy game, thus our clothes reflect that.

(ps: the rockin' outfit is a quest reward and is the closest you'll get to a "normal" outfit; they're not auctionable, so you won't find them in the bazaar, but you can do the quest to get it.)

-von
Agreed, I believe adding "normal" clothes would take away the aspect of being a wizard in a fantasy world.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Soul330 on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
I think it would be a great idea for there to be some "normal" clothing sets available in the game - you know, things like hoodies, t-shirts, beanies for hats, etc. They wouldn't have any stats, and could be available in the crown shop either as little bundles, or individual items!
Great idea!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
The closest thing to normal close I'd think the game should have is a bundle idea.

Bundle: Marlybone marketeer
Includes:
  • Hairstyle: The Cut and Paste: Looks like Trump's Due, Girl Due sill unknown.
  • Market Player's Tuxedo: would look like the suit's warn my the men or the dress warn by the women in Marlybone.
  • Floorwalker's Clicks: Mosskins for boys, or Heals for girls.
( Stats will scale up or down but level 50+ all ways include "May cast: Donate Pips on self".
  • Banker's Box: a suitcase, it's balance with a "May cast: Steal Pip" at level 50+, stats will scale.
  • Mount: The Entourage: A group of assorted races from across the Spiral all in tuxedos and lead by you (+40% movement speed +1 Power pip).
  • Stocks Board Housing Item: An at home Bazaar!?!