Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Attribute Limits

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Hi, I'm training a pet right now and I don't really want any selfish talents or jewels, but the maximum number for the attributes like strength, power, agility, etc. are all usually under two hundred. This results in less damage and resistance. Is there a way to get this number up? Does hatching or the kind of pet change anything?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
DBZ Fan on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
Hi, I'm training a pet right now and I don't really want any selfish talents or jewels, but the maximum number for the attributes like strength, power, agility, etc. are all usually under two hundred. This results in less damage and resistance. Is there a way to get this number up? Does hatching or the kind of pet change anything?
There are certain talents, usually referred to as "selfish" talents, that will raise the maximum levels of your pet's different stats. One example is "Cunning" which will increase the pet's potential maximum Intellect by +25 and Agility by +40. While most people don't like this type of talent they do offer possible boosts to your pet's other "useful" talents. It's best if these manifest early on but of course we have no control over this. Agility for instance, has a direct effect on Health, Accuracy and Resist talents so, for example, if your pet gives a percentage resistance against a certain school, Cunning could allow for an increase in the pet's resistance boost which could mean a percentage point or two increase in the end result. It's a kind of behind the scenes boost and I think that's why most folks don't like them but they can be beneficial for the reasons you stated.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Having selfish jewels isn't that bad, especially if you don't have anything else worthwhile to use for your pet.

Having selfish talents manifest in the gene pool isn't something you want. It's not worth it to have, as other talents are so much better in the long run.

Depending on what you hatch with, your pet stats (strength, agility, etc) will raise or lower. The only way to really raise your stats is to hatch with someone with better numbers. It took me a while to get the max stat (all 250) on my pets, but I started with a neutral pet - one with a balance blade, all universal talents, that once I got all 250, could be hatched with all my schools, then I refined any school talents from there.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You can increase those base attributes by hatching with pets that have higher ones. Each hatch gives you a 25% chance (per stat) at the high value, and 50% at the average.

So if your pet has 200 strength and mine has 250, and we hatch, there's a 1/4 chance your new pet will have 250, 1/2 chance of 225, and 1/4 chance of staying 200.

If you keep doing hatches, you can get them all high eventually.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Jewels are great to add anyway, because MORE :)