Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redeeming your training points, too expensive!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
As a w101 fan, I enjoy having the freedom to have a secondary school. Training points are a great idea.they allow your wizard to get new cards. Another great thing about them is that you can buy back your training points. That's great, because I have accidentally gotten a scarab when I didn't want to.

The thing is that it costs a lot of crowns. A LOT of crowns. That is a shame. I purchase crowns, but I don't want to use them on this! I like getting mounts! I don't want to have to give out 2,000 crowns for my points back. I'm only a lvl 38 wizard!

I suggest that the cost should be lowered. Even making the training points cost into crowns would be better, since we players can purchase gold with crowns, so kingsile could still make some cash. Perhaps making it a gold and crowns thing would make it so much easier. I know that members got all their points back for free once, and that would be cool if we got that again. I am a member, and it would be a great addition if the points were slightly cheaper.

In all, I love w101, and this is just a suggestion. It would be awesome if kingsile did this. I understand that the programmers still want to make a profit from players, but they might get a lot more cash by doing this.

Thanks for reading!
Rebecca Raintalon

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
hydra4444 on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
As a w101 fan, I enjoy having the freedom to have a secondary school. Training points are a great idea.they allow your wizard to get new cards. Another great thing about them is that you can buy back your training points. That's great, because I have accidentally gotten a scarab when I didn't want to.

The thing is that it costs a lot of crowns. A LOT of crowns. That is a shame. I purchase crowns, but I don't want to use them on this! I like getting mounts! I don't want to have to give out 2,000 crowns for my points back. I'm only a lvl 38 wizard!

I suggest that the cost should be lowered. Even making the training points cost into crowns would be better, since we players can purchase gold with crowns, so kingsile could still make some cash. Perhaps making it a gold and crowns thing would make it so much easier. I know that members got all their points back for free once, and that would be cool if we got that again. I am a member, and it would be a great addition if the points were slightly cheaper.

In all, I love w101, and this is just a suggestion. It would be awesome if kingsile did this. I understand that the programmers still want to make a profit from players, but they might get a lot more cash by doing this.

Thanks for reading!
Rebecca Raintalon
2000! HAH! I'm Level 110 and a TP buyback would cost me 15000+ crowns; almost enough for 2 mastery amulets! No way am I using that many crowns just to train a few new spells. TP Buyback should be more refined in that I don't want to have to reuse ALL of my Training Points as there are some staples that I always train, like Tower Shield / Colossal etc.

It would be nice to have a member buyback.

Administrator
Hello,

Free training point buyback is sometimes offered as a limited time member benefit. So keep your eye out for an announcement the next time that rolls around.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Professor Greyrose on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

Free training point buyback is sometimes offered as a limited time member benefit. So keep your eye out for an announcement the next time that rolls around.
Dear Professor Greyrose, thank you for giving us that information! I wasn't sure if last years' buyback was a one off. Now that I know that it isn't, I will certainly look out for it.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Hello,

Yea, I did redeem my training points for free once or twice.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
One thing the free training point buyback is awesome for is getting the Master of Shapes badge.

At one point I had a lot of spells trained that I didn't want anyway, so I took advantage of the free buy back. But before I went around gathering up the spells I really wanted, I went and trained all of the Moon spells I needed for that badge. Once I got the badge, I went and bought back my training points again and trained all of the spells I really wanted.

Something to consider when the promo runs... if you're into collecting badges.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hydra4444 on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:

Thanks for reading!
Rebecca Raintalon
when i first started out, i had no idea how useless secondary schools were, and i had to spend 12,500 crowns to buy my points back at level 80 (this was 4-5 years ago, well before member benefits). it was an expensive mistake that i never made again.

i shudder to think about how much it would cost to buy my points back at level 110. i had no idea there was a badge for it, though, so i'll have to check and see if i have it~ if i don't, i might just do that the next time it's free.

-von
prodigious

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
Hello,

Thanks for the information it is really helpful!

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for that information! I usually check the ravenwood news, so I'll keep an eye out. It's nice to know that free member buyback is coming soon. Again, thanks!