Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca is Not Your Solo World

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 12, 2012
Trust me, Azteca is NOT your solo world. Before you even start this world, you need to find 2 or more questing buddies. I am a 87 wizard currently in The Alto Alto and some of the fights are really tough, even with my friends a 89 and 87 . And, some easier things give more experience! It's 95% impossible to do Alto Alto's boss fights solo, even some in Cloudburst Forest. If you are moving into Azteca, beware, this world is a step up from Avalon. Any thoughts or experiences others would like to share? Go ahead and step up, I think we can all agree you have had at least 1 tough fight or defeat in this world, but probably multiple.
~ Allison Dragongem 87
~ currently questing in The Alto Alto

Explorer
May 25, 2013
I did pretty good in Azteca, soloing pretty much every battle because of my perfectionist gear and heal grind, but I must definitely say it will come off as a challenge, and probably way too overwhelming for people who had trouble in Avalon.Also, try as you might, there is a 99% chance you won't be able to solo the last dungeon, and you'll have a whole of a lot of trouble at double boss fights like Shemazan Blightmark. Even then, know that Azteca was nerfed from enemies having around 6k health.
Azteca is a world that makes you fall back on your defensive stats a little more, but when you do that, your offense falls forcing you to spend more turns, which makes more hits, and it goes in an awkward cycle of getting beaten to a pulp.
Good luck in your questing Allison.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
I am level 92 fire in the Pitch Black Lake. I have been soloing the world and it is definitely harder than Zafaria and Avalon in relation to my level at the time. I was stuck on two or three bosses throughout this world, but managed to get past them. Bosses like Clementa Morga (spelling?) were hard because I did not have my Sun Serpent at the time. Once you get your rank 8 spell things get easier. I am flying through this world with Waterworks gear(!) and the lvl 90 ring, athame, and wand. My pets gives 14% universal resist, a dragon blade, and a may cast fairy talent. I didn't try hard to get it and it was easy to get. My gear at level 88 and 89 was poor for my level because I had the same stuff since lvl 60 except my athames, rings, and other gear which gave minor improvements to my stats over time. I switched my strategy and now I just blade and one-shot bosses. Io never had any advantages over other players except doing Wintertusk which boosted my level tremendously. I didn't craft and just farmed instead I had Mooshu crafting in Zafaria! I am still not a Transcendent Crafter yet, but I am almost there. My gear sucked all the way through these worlds and still does, but with the right strategy and level I make it. All you have to do is now what you are fighting and how to fight it. Azteca has definitely made me reconsider what I have actually been doing all this time trying to fight bosses.

-Talon Deathblade 92

P.S. @ThatOneFizzler, I tried defeating Shezam Blightmark and he was left with like 50 health left.

Explorer
May 25, 2013
shadier9 on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
I am level 92 fire in the Pitch Black Lake. I have been soloing the world and it is definitely harder than Zafaria and Avalon in relation to my level at the time. I was stuck on two or three bosses throughout this world, but managed to get past them. Bosses like Clementa Morga (spelling?) were hard because I did not have my Sun Serpent at the time. Once you get your rank 8 spell things get easier. I am flying through this world with Waterworks gear(!) and the lvl 90 ring, athame, and wand. My pets gives 14% universal resist, a dragon blade, and a may cast fairy talent. I didn't try hard to get it and it was easy to get. My gear at level 88 and 89 was poor for my level because I had the same stuff since lvl 60 except my athames, rings, and other gear which gave minor improvements to my stats over time. I switched my strategy and now I just blade and one-shot bosses. Io never had any advantages over other players except doing Wintertusk which boosted my level tremendously. I didn't craft and just farmed instead I had Mooshu crafting in Zafaria! I am still not a Transcendent Crafter yet, but I am almost there. My gear sucked all the way through these worlds and still does, but with the right strategy and level I make it. All you have to do is now what you are fighting and how to fight it. Azteca has definitely made me reconsider what I have actually been doing all this time trying to fight bosses.

-Talon Deathblade 92

P.S. @ThatOneFizzler, I tried defeating Shezam Blightmark and he was left with like 50 health left.
LOL. Exact thing happened to me

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Myth is really weak so that might be your problem.

Nathan Drake Slinger lvl 88