Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Tiers

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
When you look at the current PVP Leaderboard, you will see there isn't really much organization to behold. The current system organizes players first by rating and then by number of wins, which is simplistic and frankly doesn't tell you very much about the player.

You cannot tell if that 2000+ rating is from 1v1, 2v2, or 4v4 (or even 3v3). As an avid PVP'er myself, I can tell you with certainty that 1v1 is a vastly different game type from 2v2, which is itself quite different from 4v4. 1v1 requires a different deck setup and a different strategy, and has a much faster tempo than 2v2. Likewise, Prodigious PVP is light-years ahead of Magus and even Grandmaster PVP, which is itself far removed from Initiate PVP.

So why is it then, that everyone, regardless of playstyle and level, is lumped in with everyone else, with little differentiation aside from name, school and rank?

This makes no sense. So, here is what I suggest.

Divide PVP first according to Match Type (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4), and then by tier (Prodigious, Grandmaster, etc).

This will make it much easier to see who's who in the current meta.

Then make it so that we can click on any player in the Leaderboard list and see their look, stats (and gear), and maybe even allow us to Friend Request them. A bit vain, I know, but still. Leaderboarders deserve to be well known in the Wizard101 world, for all their hard work.

Finally, when the fourth age hits, make sure that the 3rd age PVP Leaderboard standings are saved, so that they are readily accessible via the Arena pedestal. So that we can see who made it and who didn't, rather than having to display a '3rd age PVP Warlord badge' to say 'hey yeah, I actually was good during that era too'.

Am I missing something you'd like to add?

Adrian
PVP Leaderboard

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I agree with all of these. What i would like added is a historical leaderboard sigil which would show all the ages leaderboard position.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
What if you earned your warlord badge from multiple match types (1V1, 2V2)? That's a lot of information to display on what looks like an already packed window. But it is a good idea.