Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Random changes - thanks KI

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
A couple of things I've noticed have changed although I can't be certain when the changes were made. I recently started a new character so I'm playing through lower level worlds I haven't frequented in a while. These are small changes that make a big difference...
- Areas in the Cave of Solitude, among others, now have modified mob patterns which make it a lot easier to navigate without getting pulled into battles.
- Some instances allow for entering dungeons without having to fight to complete the quest. You can fight if you want but you don't have to.
- It appears as though the last quest in Marleybone to get the Spiral Key (which wasn't necessary to complete anyway) has been removed. I could be wrong on this one but I just completed MB with a new wizard and the quest never appeared.

These are a few examples of small changes that greatly simplify the overall experience. Thanks KI.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
TucsonWizard on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
A couple of things I've noticed have changed although I can't be certain when the changes were made. I recently started a new character so I'm playing through lower level worlds I haven't frequented in a while. These are small changes that make a big difference...
- Areas in the Cave of Solitude, among others, now have modified mob patterns which make it a lot easier to navigate without getting pulled into battles.
- Some instances allow for entering dungeons without having to fight to complete the quest. You can fight if you want but you don't have to.
- It appears as though the last quest in Marleybone to get the Spiral Key (which wasn't necessary to complete anyway) has been removed. I could be wrong on this one but I just completed MB with a new wizard and the quest never appeared.

These are a few examples of small changes that greatly simplify the overall experience. Thanks KI.
you can still go through the cheater tower in marlybone, but you have to get the quesdt from Halston and he doesn't tell you to come do so. if you're the right level for it, go see if he's got an exlamation point over his head.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
TucsonWizard on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:

Another one that I noticed is that Merle doesn't send you to talk to every professor and every tree anymore neither.

One change that happened recently that disappointed me though was that you cannot access the Private Fishing Retreat on castle tours anymore. Unless it changed again, but about a month ago I had gone in and done some fishing at one, then about 2 weeks ago I finally found another one and couldn't get in.

The Warehouse though, I think you get that quest when you complete Dragonspyre, not Marleybone. That key is supposed to be the one that lets you into Celestia, and it's a level 50 dungeon.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
High Five Ghost on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Another one that I noticed is that Merle doesn't send you to talk to every professor and every tree anymore neither.

One change that happened recently that disappointed me though was that you cannot access the Private Fishing Retreat on castle tours anymore. Unless it changed again, but about a month ago I had gone in and done some fishing at one, then about 2 weeks ago I finally found another one and couldn't get in.

The Warehouse though, I think you get that quest when you complete Dragonspyre, not Marleybone. That key is supposed to be the one that lets you into Celestia, and it's a level 50 dungeon.
Good point, I had forgotten that was for the Celestia key. And I had never thought about trying the Fishing Retreat through the Castle Tours. Too bad if it can't be done anymore... I still want that Rainbow Trout!