Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About pet jewellery socketing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2015
Hi i was putting a jewellery in my pet who is a talent my pet can "maybe" learn when advancing to next stage, what will happend if i got the jewellery socketed in pet and when pet actually "grow up", will the talent be learned and jewellery dissapear or what will happend? will it just skip to learn that talent?
Thanks for an answer :)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
MarreSwedush on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
Hi i was putting a jewellery in my pet who is a talent my pet can "maybe" learn when advancing to next stage, what will happend if i got the jewellery socketed in pet and when pet actually "grow up", will the talent be learned and jewellery dissapear or what will happend? will it just skip to learn that talent?
Thanks for an answer :)
I could be wrong, but I think if your pet manifests a talent that's the same as your equipped jewel, the pet's talent stats will replace the jewel stats which basically renders the jewel useless.

Delver
May 12, 2012
The talent will still be learned and the jewel will stay. It doesn't matter if the jewel already has it, for example, if the jewel gave you a card, and the pet learned the talent to give you the card, the talent is still given and the jewel will remain. However, if you don't want the jewel to stay, you can shatter it, but when you do that it is gone forever.

If you need more clarification, I am welcome to assist you more.

~ Ali <3

Survivor
Jul 05, 2015
thank you both for wonderful answers, it cleared exactly what i were asking!

thanks alot, was worried pet woulda skip "trying" to learn the talent just because i had it equipped in socket :p

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Mythali126 on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
The talent will still be learned and the jewel will stay. It doesn't matter if the jewel already has it, for example, if the jewel gave you a card, and the pet learned the talent to give you the card, the talent is still given and the jewel will remain. However, if you don't want the jewel to stay, you can shatter it, but when you do that it is gone forever.

If you need more clarification, I am welcome to assist you more.

~ Ali <3
This is true, the jewel will remain but the effects don't stack. You can shatter the jewel and it won't change the overall stats that were gained... as further evidence I think you'll find that you cannot add a jewel to a pet if the jewel's talent is already manifested in the pet... the socket will be greyed-out.

Delver
May 12, 2012
TucsonWizard on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
This is true, the jewel will remain but the effects don't stack. You can shatter the jewel and it won't change the overall stats that were gained... as further evidence I think you'll find that you cannot add a jewel to a pet if the jewel's talent is already manifested in the pet... the socket will be greyed-out.
Thanks, I didn't know that. Now I will know for future

~ Ali