Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for auto cast help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2016
So I have a Red Ghost pet and it is on my death wizard. I looked the pet up and saw it has an 'auto cast deathblade'. Since I am never good with pets on here, would anyone know what pet trait to invest into to get that auto cast deathblade? I'm pretty desperate. >_<

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Pet talents come at random, meaning what trait you invest in doesn't effect what it'll get. Try buying a few more Red Ghosts and training them at least to adult. You'll get it if you keep trying.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
LlewellaFairyfrien... on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
So I have a Red Ghost pet and it is on my death wizard. I looked the pet up and saw it has an 'auto cast deathblade'. Since I am never good with pets on here, would anyone know what pet trait to invest into to get that auto cast deathblade? I'm pretty desperate. >_<
Your pets talents are already pre-determined at birth. There's nothing you can do during training that's going to change that. And may-cast abilities are triggered by in-battle events so the pet's traits aren't going to make any difference there either. Your best bet is to train it to adult and if it doesn't manifest the Death Blade talent then start with a new pet. This doesn't mean the pet won't get the talent you want at Ancient or Epic or Mega so it's really your choice whether you want to continue training it.You can also try hatching with a pet that already has manifested the Blade.
Or... if you're really patient you can wait for the next test realm and test-level your pet there. When you go back to the game your pet will be back at the same level it was when you went to the test realm but you'll be able to find out what it's going to do in the "real" game and all it will cost you is time.