Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boosting in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
I recently wrote Kings Isle asking them if boosting is a form of cheating in PVP. It is frowned upon amongst PVP players, that actually fight legit battles to win their rank. I feel it makes the Leader Boards obsolete. All the top spots are taken up by boosters. I am disheartened by their response. What are your thoughts on boosting in PVP? Kings Isle gave me this response:

Hello!

The method you refer to is a legal PvP tactic and is not cheating. Thus, it is not a reason for sanction. Please don't report these players, as they've done nothing wrong.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

PS: Check out the big book of everything Wizard101! www.wizard101.com/guide

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
to be honest i used to boost to get rank on leader boards and i was banned. I was winning my battles lidgett but when i won i would go up like 20 instead of like 5-15 ( i was privet btw). I stopped boosting and am now doing it for fun and not like a looser i think is unfair to people that actuly try but thats my opinion :D

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
I think it is cheating. Pretty soon the leader boards are going to be filled with nothing but Boosters with ridiculous rank. Do away with the Leader Boards IMO. If they aren't going to be taken seriously. I have earned my rank on the boards by fighting in actual matches. It's hard, but it can be done. Nothing good ever comes out of easy work.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
I don't think it's cheating. It's part of the game and if it's allowed by staff, it shouldn't be a reason to be banned for. I wouldn't really call it a tactic and understand why it's unfair to almost everyone though.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2014
It is an unfair tactic but for gaining rank but I don't see it as cheating as no one
has been involved in the boosting without prior knowledge... so no offense to
anyone can have taken place if all involved in the boost consent, then there is
no problem but it's still a pathetic way getting a badge.

Personally those who boost, if they're just looking to brag and act like they're so
good they're gonna find out the hard way just where boosting gets in a real match.
Try winning a tournament with that badge... good luck if all you've done is boosting!
I never boost, it's dishonourable! That's that.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
what is boosting?
is it like when you team up with a higher level player to win easier?
or is it getting an experienced pvp player to get to warlord on your account for you

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
dragonhelper2000 on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
what is boosting?
is it like when you team up with a higher level player to win easier?
or is it getting an experienced pvp player to get to warlord on your account for you
The boosting I know of is when you have higher pierce than your opponent's resist. Ex. If you have Shrike with 50% pierce and your opponent has 20% resist, you'll have 30% boost.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
Boosting: A wizard with 2 or more accounts go in to ranked PVP and fight themselves. While doing that, they automatically let one lose in order to "boost" their other wizards rank. Some people even team up to do it. The level 1's you see on the leader boards are not there because they fought real matches. They boosted themselves to the top to earn those ridiculous numbers. And yes I would love to go against these boosters in real match

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
It's pretty easy to see who actually earned their steel on the leaderboards because the "boosters" have high rank per wins. I believe you gain 16 rank every time you win and they have around 200 games played which would get them around the 3200 rank you need to be in the first few pages of the leaderboards. The legitimate people though have around 300 games played and around the same rank, because no matter how good you think you are at PVP you will lose some matches if you are legit.