Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storytime 2016

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
what about morganthe we chased her longer then we did malistaire she can't be gone can she

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
When Morganthe loses, her floor cracks and she falls out of her palace into the void.

Why does Old Cobb say the sky falls, taking her with it? The sky isn't falling, it's bits of glass from her floor that are falling.

And since there aren't lots of pointy rocks for her to fall onto and get killed by (you can look down into the area where she falls, she can't possibly be dead. She's too powerful. Could she maybe fall into a windlane? or land on some unknown island?

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Another question, Mr. Librarian, Sir:
There is an old grendel named Grumlik who seems to be terminally stuck just inside the entrance to Nidavellir. He is not currently open to interaction with any wizard-like folk such as myself, and yet I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him, standing and wobbling in place for what seems like forever.

How soon do you think he might wake from his trance? He seems like a nice enough guy...

On a related note, there are two pathways to either side of the entrance to Nidavellir, each of which leads down to a foyer with a set of large doors. Has any research been performed to try and determine what might lie behind each set of doors? If so, how soon might we find out?

Might Grumlik himself be the keeper of such secrets?

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Some players have asked about Morganthe after she was defeated. I have my speculations about what happened to her and why she is not coming back. She was trying to handle shadow magic and magic powerful enough to create the spiral. She was a wizard not one of the trees or other beings that was there before the spiral was formed so she was trying to handle magic that was greater then any wizard could handle. Since it was magic of the greatest kind it crushed her when she lost her temper. As well as we are given the impression that shadow magic and creation magic don't mix so having both created a conflict between the two magics that not only killed her but also sent her in to the void. The void is outside of the spiral. In the last battle our wizard adds magic to it making it so heavy she implodes.
Malastaire was on a comet that was within the spiral when he was ripped from the comet. The comet was right above a piece of land and islands so he had something near by in the spiral to land on. That could be why he survived and she did not. Malastaire was not collecting the greatest magic in the spiral for himself. His goal was to bring his wife back from the dead to life again a much smaller goal so a much weaker magical demand. Malastaire would have been willing to team up with Morganthe because she wanted to bring dead creatures to life again. each creature she had in her choir only knew a piece of the song.
If Morganthe survived her trip out the bottom of the palace she might have succeeded in creating a spiral out in the void one that was worse then the wizard101 spiral. She would have a place that was in ruins because of her short temper. or if she had happened to land on an island in the spiral any pieces of land would have been tied to her like they are to the tree she would have somehow had to become a doorway between the pieces. Basically becoming a tree. It would have been a lonely place for her because she would have been the only one in it.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Jordan074t on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
My questions might never get answered but here it goes...
*will we get to make a choice to join the evil side?
*is Polaris the home of the pyromancy scholar?
*why did mother Raven threaten us when we collected the second tusk for the ice scholar?
*is the storm scholar from valincia?
*is there other forms of magic out there in the spiral?
Hey Jordan074t, good questions... on the idea of joining the evil side, I'm guessing at this point you mean Grandfather Spider, and if you think about it, learning Shadow Magic actually does partially associate a Wizard with Spider, so in a way, you already have. That's actually the same answer I would offer to your question about why Raven threatens you. Raven distrusts Shadow, and though you seem on the surface to be fighting against it, from her perspective, you're also tainted with it.

Ignus is not from Polaris. We haven't yet revealed where he's from, and the same is true of Ione. She's not from Valencia. On the last question, the answer is yes. There are most certainly other forms of magic in the Spiral.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Trimond297 on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Librarian Fitzhume, I really enjoyed infiltrating the secret fortress, Kataba Iceblock, where The Rat, previously Rasputin, was creating his own experiments using the Borealis gemstones he forced the penguin miners to mine them, even with the Borealis Majores Ivan brought under his dark power to from his own Titan creation.

The Kataba Iceblock was a very enjoyable adventure. Maybe next time, we could have the next fortress of Grandfather Spider's next Child be made more longer, larger, & complex than the Kataba Iceblock. I really liked how it was almost like Castle Darkmoor was made. Just wish the next secret fortress from another Child of Grandfather Spider would be more longer, just without the hassle of going back & forth & doing more "Defeat & Collect" quests many times. Can't wait to see what they will make next!

Maybe we should have another palace in the next batch of adventures, like Zafaria's Black Palace, only more larger, longer & more complex than that. I really enjoyed the adventure of infiltrating a lesser enemy fortress while being incomplete.
Thanks for the suggestion, Trimond. I agree that it would be really cool to have more content like the Black Palace and we'll keep that in mind.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
The Vagabond on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
One thing I can't help but wonder: Alhazred of Krokotopia was the founder of Balance magic, right? (I hope I'm right.) His old age aside, was there some reason he wasn't scouted out as a member of the Council of Light?.....and for that matter, why is Ms. Lydia Greyrose in there, too? (No offense intended.) - pawn54
Perhaps Alhazred was approached about joining the Council of Light, and perhaps there was a reason why he chose not to?

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Emerald9649 on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
According to the Ravenwood Roll Call Alhazred "invented" Balance magic. With this being the case would that make him stronger than Jacki? (Apologies if I spelled any names incorrectly.) I only ask because I believed that the Scholars were the best of the best at the magic they focus in. I have three other questions regarding the same theme: The first is, are the spells that the Scholars share with us creations of their own or were they made by something or someone else? If that is the case, would we ever be able to create our own spells that ONLY we can use, sorta like the King Artorious spell? My other question is, what exactly is Jacki? Some say that she's a Kangaroo, others think that she's a Jack Rabbit. Finally, my last question is regarding the Ravenwood Roll Call. Will we ever see more of them? It was fun learning about our professors and I'm sad that we haven't seen anymore Roll Calls about other important (or even minor) characters.
Indeed. Alhazred invented Balance Magic and probably understands its fundamentals better than anyone in the Spiral. Jaki's approach to Balance Magic, however, is far more eccentric. Where Balance usually leans towards stability, she's more scattered and erratic. She's certainly not *more* powerful than Alhazred, but her unorthodox practices may have introduced her to possibilities he hasn't even considered. I'd extend this logic to cover any comparison between Professors at Ravenwood and Scholars at the Arcanum. Yes, the Arcanum Scholars are considered by some to be more powerful/sophisticated, but that doesn't mean it's true. The Ravenwood Professors are dedicated to educating their students, while the Scholars are involved more in independent study. In many ways, I think the Professors have a more honorable, self-sacrificing philosophy.

And yes, there is a good possibility of more Roll Calls. It's something we'd like to do as well.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Librarian Fitzhume on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, Trimond. I agree that it would be really cool to have more content like the Black Palace and we'll keep that in mind.
You're very welcome.

Now, I do have something to say, about some notable dungeons, like how Castle Darkmoor was made, for example.

These kind of dungeons, I really like how that one went from a different perspective, one that makes it a new trait for later dungeons to go with the "Point A to Point B" perspective. It really showed that people go through a dungeon, and instead of reaching the end, they go to the exit leading to the next zone, a rest stop zone of sorts, & I really like how that perspective continued on to later dungeons, like in the Kataba Iceblock, & so on. I really would like to see more "Point A to Point B" dungeons like those later on.

Plus, I really like how they made another kind of experience in particular dungeons they made that got us thrusted in the excitement of being transported from one destination to another, that is to say, the Kalypso Voyage to the Borealis Peaks, & the whole ride with the Great Beast through the Starfall Sea! They were no doubt the best experiences in a dungeon yet, even with the "Point A to Point B" perspective being used, albeit from a different manner that resulted in going from one exploration zone to the other! Maybe next time, we could see more dungeons like these, just only have them a bit longer than the Kalypso Voyage.

1 more thing. If we see another dungeon that has the final boss of W101's next story update in, at least have it a bit more longer than the Horizon Hold, so it would feel more satisfying in battling through more bosses before facing the final boss in it's end, like another of Grandfather Spider's Children. Just suggesting.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
toontower on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
I have many questions as well, but the one I shall ask today is one for you Fitzhume.

Where are you from? From your appearance I instinctively thought Monquista. Perhaps you are one of the monkey demons in the cave of the crescent moon and came to terms with your inner evil. Just a guess right now, but I would love to know!
I have, in fact, been mistaken for a Monquistan once before, and I consider it a grave insult. Monquistans are so conceited and rude! How could you possibly compare me to them?

No, I am from a place you haven't yet heard about, and that's for good reason. My home world doesn't just throw open its world door to all the riff-raff in the Spiral. We are very exclusive, and I, for one, very much prefer it that way.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
morgan skybreeze on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Librarian Fitzhume one question that I think about often is, are grandfather spiders intentions really evil or are his intentions good? I think back to what he said at the end of khrysalis (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and really he's just telling his children to do things humans do all the time. Could you please clarify this for me?
thanks
Hi Morgan! Grandfather Spider is as much a mystery to me as he is to you. He wants to destroy the Spiral, so that seems pretty evil, but at the same time, I get the sense that his true motivation might not be totally dark. I'm not sure yet, though. I'm waiting to see how the story unfolds.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
1- Will we ever go to the world where Ignus Ferric is from?
2- And where Ione is from, for that matter.
I really like the new teachers, and it would be fun to visit a Scottish Dwarf land
4- Is Wallaru Jaki's home world?
5- Is Rajah part of Mirage, or vice versa?
6- Will there be an arc after Old Cob's?
7- Will there be another 4 Dungeons- type thing, for higher level worlds? I think a part of the Floating Islands or Merle Ambrose's neighborhood (overrun by goblins, of course) in Avalon would be cool.
Please answer, I think it's so cool to talk to you guys and love the lore of the game.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Librarian Fitzhume, I do have something to say about the music in Polaris... I know, it's music-related on this matter. Bear with me.

KI really amped up with the themes this time around, as I really enjoyed the improved variety for it's zone & combat themes that stands them out from others'. Even more, I was really happy that there was even a specific boss combat theme made for a specific boss monster only, that is to say, The Rat, under the guise of Rasputin! That really established the atmosphere of dueling boss monsters, even specific ones, & it almost got that "final battle" vibe going while dueling against The Rat in a very epic battle for the Spiral's fate!

Although it has been long since Aquila has boss combat themes, even though I wish the Aquila Boss Combat Theme would be played for nearly all bosses in Mount Olympus, Atlantea, & Tartarus, instead of it used for just during duels with select bosses, like Zeus SkyFather & Poseidon EarthShaker, I would really like to hear more new boss combat themes in more worlds & zones to come, even more specific ones like the Rasputin Combat Theme with The Rat, though, to balance that out, I would like to hear new boss combat themes likely commonly shared to many bosses!

I know, music's not really your forte, though, if you could pass that on to the music people at KI that made these themes, I would be happy. Just thought I would ask you this before this new thread gets locked.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Ooh! I almost forgot to say one thing, about the Skeleton Key bosses...

Battling them really re-invigorated our needs to face secret bosses once more, & they gave out the best hidden challenges KI made yet! So far, I've battled against every available Skeleton Key boss, & I can't wait to see many more added, with new unique badges to win, too!

Besides that, there is one little matter that's been bothering me today...

Listen, in Krokotopia's Lower Zigazag, I've faced it's Skeleton Key boss, In'Zhizor, & to my surprise, he's the only Skeleton Key boss that doesn't have dialogue speech for before dueling him & after defeating him, currently, not like the others that do. No wonder many Wizards ignore him mostly, other than having no reasonably challenging boss cheats in him.

Clearly, in my perspective, he's not intended to not have dialogue speeches for before & after dueling him, 'cause he's supposed to, so I think In'Zhizor should have dialogue added in Lower Zigazag. Don't want to forget that.

Just thought I would bring this to your attention, Librarian Fitzhume, or Scholar Zander, whichever of you has time to read this. Hope he gets added dialogue someday soon.

Also, I really wish the Skeleton Key bosses from Upper Halls, House of Scales, Crystal Caves, Cave of Solitude, Hollow Mountain, State Wing, & Lower Zigazag would have unique badges added for defeating them, like the Skeleton Key bosses in Graveyard & Sunken City do. Shouldn't take long to do that. I know, it's best to bring that badge-related matter to Dworgyn's or Professor Greyrose's attention. Just thought I would let you know.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Indeed. Alhazred invented Balance Magic and probably understands its fundamentals better than anyone in the Spiral. Jaki's approach to Balance Magic, however, is far more eccentric. Where Balance usually leans towards stability, she's more scattered and erratic. She's certainly not *more* powerful than Alhazred, but her unorthodox practices may have introduced her to possibilities he hasn't even considered. I'd extend this logic to cover any comparison between Professors at Ravenwood and Scholars at the Arcanum. Yes, the Arcanum Scholars are considered by some to be more powerful/sophisticated, but that doesn't mean it's true. The Ravenwood Professors are dedicated to educating their students, while the Scholars are involved more in independent study. In many ways, I think the Professors have a more honorable, self-sacrificing philosophy.

And yes, there is a good possibility of more Roll Calls. It's something we'd like to do as well.
If Alhazred created balance magic, then that implies two possibilities. One: he taught everyone else in the spiral that knows it--directly or indirectly. Two: he was the first to learn of its existence. Which of these would be the case?

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
Hi! I have a question about Qismah Shasa and the Scholars themselves! Do they have any preference for company among themselves? Does Quismah Shasa like Velma Von Venkman? As Death and Shadow I'd suspect they would.

I feel like Ione Virga would not like Ignus, what is their relationship? Actually, what's the relationship between the scholars in general?

Will we see the inside of the Shadow Room of the Panopticon? Why is it called a Panopticon? Will we see the inside of the Astral Room? Or perhaps the Astral Scholar?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Scholar Zander, or Librarian Fitzhume, I do have something to say, about the battles with Malistaire in Dragonspyre and Morganthe in Khrysalis...

Facing Malistiare in the Great Spyre was great, but I feel his battle doesn't really give out that epic "final battle" feeling we expected from him. He only duels us in his only form, & nothing else. It feels, well... not so epic. I feel he should have had a second & final form as his last resort in getting what he wanted.

Dueling Morganthe in her own chamber in the Shadow Palace was a well-deserved moment we waited for, but, there was one thing that seemed off with the final battle with her. Before dueling her, she only used her combined powers to make 4 replicas of herself, with different magic classes for each, & only she becomes a monstrosity in her final Shadow Morganthe form, & it's not epic if she only duels us in every form, not being able to duel in her normal form before doing so. That makes that battle feel off, & doesn't give out the epic "final battle" feeling.

I do remember King Artorious saying "Changing past content is not completely impossible, but tricky.", so I can ask that the final battles with Malistaire & Morganthe, the End-of-Arc Villains, needs some changing, to make them really give out the final battle vibes they properly deserve. That, & I do remember P101 having past content changes, including instance quest improvements & extensions, so, it's something.

Have Malistaire transform into a large dragon after defeating his normal form, so it would be more satisfying. I would really like to see him become a dragon.

Have Morganthe duel us in her normal form before we properly face her in every form she made, including her Shadow Morganthe form. It should be fitting to duel her in her normal form before she becomes Shadow Morganthe.

Hope one day, these changes can be made. One day.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Librarian Fitzhume on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Greetings Wizards,

Here at the Arcanum, we are perpetually engaged in a great many very important things, but occasionally, in a rare moment of peace, we venture here to the message boards and listen to the whispers on the wind.

Lately, we've heard the quiet murmurs of questioning minds, and so for a short time, we've committed to come armed with answers. Be forewarned, however: there are a great many secrets at the Arcanum, and certain inquiries may only receive the most cursory, vague response you can possibly imagine.

Remember, of course, we work in the mysteries of magic, where sometimes truth is an impossible quantity to measure. But by all means, if you have questions of the Wizard101 writing staff, please, fire away. Zander and I will make every effort to answer... to the best of our ability.

Librarian Fitzhume
According to the Class role Ravenwood video, Alhazred created the Balance school. If Alhazred invented the Balance/Sorcery school, then why is Jaki Whisperwind teaching us further? (or did she learn what shes knows from Alhazred?)

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
To all the scholars: not so much a question, but a request:

I'd love to know more about each of you. Any possiblity of getting access to the arcanum library so I can read up on your bios, history and so on?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Hey Jordan074t, good questions... on the idea of joining the evil side, I'm guessing at this point you mean Grandfather Spider, and if you think about it, learning Shadow Magic actually does partially associate a Wizard with Spider, so in a way, you already have. That's actually the same answer I would offer to your question about why Raven threatens you. Raven distrusts Shadow, and though you seem on the surface to be fighting against it, from her perspective, you're also tainted with it.

Ignus is not from Polaris. We haven't yet revealed where he's from, and the same is true of Ione. She's not from Valencia. On the last question, the answer is yes. There are most certainly other forms of magic in the Spiral.
One more question, dose death magic and shadow magic have some type of relationship? In my opinion I think they do since they both have a dark vibe.
And to for answering my last Q's

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Hiya Fitzume! I was just wondering about some things.

1. The Fire scholar Ignus seems a little too basic and friendly for his own good... is it possible that he may have some secrets to hide?

2. There are many portals in the Arcanum that look like they may lead to other universes. Are there other alternate universes outside of the spiral?

3. What school was Mellori transferred into in Ravenwood? It seems like she would be more suited into Myth or Ice.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Defender
Sep 29, 2008
my question is isnt there technically a sky anchor at every edge of the spiral since it doesnt make sense for there to only be one given how wide the spiral is it would need multiple anchors and isnt that also possibly what the rest of old cobs children are attacking as well

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
shouldnt light magic be a thing since shadow is its polar opposite and we are childs of light

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Master of Magic on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:
If Alhazred created balance magic, then that implies two possibilities. One: he taught everyone else in the spiral that knows it--directly or indirectly. Two: he was the first to learn of its existence. Which of these would be the case?
He was the first to discover the ways in which the different schools of magic could be combined into the school of Balance. Though he has taught many students, I believe there are other gifted scholars out there who heard about his discoveries and began experimenting on their own. I think it's possible that this is how Jaki learned Balance Magic, though she may very well have been trained by Alhazred. Perhaps we'll learn more about her past in future updates.