Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storytime 2016

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Ok now here is a theory that I have based on what I have been reading here. What if the world in pirate101 were outside the spiral in "The Void". This explains why we don't really see the pirates. This also explains the need for storm gates. If you were to go to the edge of any world in pirate101 you see nothing. But the storm gates are the safe ways between each world. If you were to travel off the orange or blue path in a storm gate all you see is nothingness. Just black nothingness. Doesn't that sound a bit like the void. Meaning you can't get to the worlds in pirate101 with out a ship. This is just theory but if it were true this would show why we see no pirates in wizard 101 or wizards in pirate 101 because the wizards believe that in the void there is nothing (but the pirates are there) and then the pirates just have no stormgates to the exact place we are.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Artur Firecaster on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
Ok now here is a theory that I have based on what I have been reading here. What if the world in pirate101 were outside the spiral in "The Void". This explains why we don't really see the pirates. This also explains the need for storm gates. If you were to go to the edge of any world in pirate101 you see nothing. But the storm gates are the safe ways between each world. If you were to travel off the orange or blue path in a storm gate all you see is nothingness. Just black nothingness. Doesn't that sound a bit like the void. Meaning you can't get to the worlds in pirate101 with out a ship. This is just theory but if it were true this would show why we see no pirates in wizard 101 or wizards in pirate 101 because the wizards believe that in the void there is nothing (but the pirates are there) and then the pirates just have no stormgates to the exact place we are.
You would not remember this, but, the Outer Void can be dangerous.

To answer for you, I think the Spiral, while always ever-expanding, have certain edges that cannot be traversed by any means, lest they plunge straight into the Outer Void.

The Stormgates are the safe way for travelers in ships to travel between worlds, as the alternative to the Spiral Keys Wizards attain in their adventures.

By far, we have seen the available worlds in W101, & we have seen some Skyways & lands in worlds in P101. Remember, they're far bigger than they appear to be in either W101 or P101. We may see new lands in worlds in W101 &/or new Skyways to worlds in P101. Nothing is absolute to travelling the lands, even by either means to travel between worlds.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Aaron FireEyes on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
Will the Armada from P101's universe ever make an appearance outside of the B.O.X events? A simple yes or no might be helpful if not extremely vague.
To answer this one, no. I don't think so. They only made their appearance in the Five B.O.X.E.S. event, nothing more. I still highly love that bit with the P101 crossover included in that event, 'cause I still play P101 today.

Deacon, Supreme Commander Kane's Spymaster, had brought the Armada Clockwork Marines with him to meet with The Maestro, who arranged them to stop Boochbeard & Mr. Gandry from freeing the orphaned Pirates, who have seen their adventures & how they, no doubt, will defeat the Armada and Kane, & doing so could undo the events that lead to P101's events in it's story. Luckily, thanks to The Professor, we've halted the Maestro's evil plan, though Deacon sailed away to begin the widespread sweeping of bringing & stopping Pirates & Boochbeard & Gandry are already away to begin the search & rescue journey to free the Pirates, thereby setting P101's events into motion. Even Wizards have the idea that these Pirates do have their own destinies to embark, just as they have their own destinies to embark, too. Just a different one to the Pirates, & one that is always forward moving.

Does that clear things up, FireEyes?

Bear in mind, the Arcanum also not only watches the worlds seen in W101, they also watch over the worlds seen in P101, too. Like Baba Yaga said, the Arcanum have, to quote her, "...ways of getting news.". I'm sure Fitzhume and Zander agree to this matter that even Pirates have their own adventures to do.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Trimond297 on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
You would not remember this, but, the Outer Void can be dangerous.

To answer for you, I think the Spiral, while always ever-expanding, have certain edges that cannot be traversed by any means, lest they plunge straight into the Outer Void.

The Stormgates are the safe way for travelers in ships to travel between worlds, as the alternative to the Spiral Keys Wizards attain in their adventures.

By far, we have seen the available worlds in W101, & we have seen some Skyways & lands in worlds in P101. Remember, they're far bigger than they appear to be in either W101 or P101. We may see new lands in worlds in W101 &/or new Skyways to worlds in P101. Nothing is absolute to travelling the lands, even by either means to travel between worlds.
Well another think that just popped to my mind that could support this theory is that Merle's spiral map (not sure what it is called) in his tower shows all known worlds. From what I can see on it no Pirate 101 worlds are on it meaning they don't know they exist. I didn't mean in the outer void just past polaris as we don't know how long to the outer void. It could be a few feet from the sky anchor it could be thousands upon thousands of miles. Aswell Librarian Fitzhume time in the spiral moves alot differently. Meaning they could have visited the world we did at very different times then us. As with marlybone they visited it after us (unknown how long as Meowiarty is in prison not NewGate meaning he already escaped from Newgate and was recaptured as this is much.) and in Mooshu They visited it before us or at the same time (As the emperor is still sick due to Malistare). This shows how different time can be. This may even be before meowarty got out of Newgate still showing how different the times are. I just realized how confusing it is trying to line up wizard 101 and pirate 101. I had more to say but trying to line up the time lines got me all confused and made me forget what I was going to say.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
I'm just curious, what determines which of the countless spiral languages get discernable meaning? Also is there anyway, besides the stone of Mazzoroth to translate any of the spiral languages? Like the runes in the temple of the sunless shrine *wink*

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
My questions might never get answered but here it goes...
*will we get to make a choice to join the evil side?
*is Polaris the home of the pyromancy scholar?
*why did mother Raven threaten us when we collected the second tusk for the ice scholar?
*is the storm scholar from valincia?
*is there other forms of magic out there in the spiral?

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
I have many questions as well, but the one I shall ask today is one for you Fitzhume.

Where are you from? From your appearance I instinctively thought Monquista. Perhaps you are one of the monkey demons in the cave of the crescent moon and came to terms with your inner evil. Just a guess right now, but I would love to know!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
One thing I can't help but wonder: Alhazred of Krokotopia was the founder of Balance magic, right? (I hope I'm right.) His old age aside, was there some reason he wasn't scouted out as a member of the Council of Light?.....and for that matter, why is Ms. Lydia Greyrose in there, too? (No offense intended.) - pawn54

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Scholar Zander, I do have something to say about Shangri-Baa.

That was one of my favorite enjoyable side adventures I've seen in W101! I absolutely liked it. From the start, once I journeyed to the MooShu themed land, it was a brilliant place to see. I can totally recognize the MooShu vibes I was feeling once I laid eyes on it, & it was amazing!

However, it was not without danger, as the Marleybonean's own Expeditionary Force, led by the esteemed Lord George Beagle, was under attack by Tonkatsu & his Hoof Ninjas in their evil plot to bring the spirit of Hamakala, the evil monstrous sentient imprisoned in his tomb long ago, into his body. They started by using their Song of Discord against the monks in the Pagoda of Harmony to do their bidding & took hostages, that we rescued, only Beagle was taken to Hamakala's Temple to commence Tonkatsu's ceremony. Into the Hollow Mountain, the sacred pathway to Shangri-Baa, we've journeyed into his temple, stopped Tonkatsu, kept Hamakala imprisoned, & saved Beagle & sent the Expeditionary force on their way.

Now, from my perspective upon viewing it, it somehow gives out the WOW: MOP references to it, in terms of it's design aspects that sort of heavily reminisce it's setting to perhaps some, especially the place where Hamakala's Temple's entrance with the prayer wheel puzzle in Hollow Mountain is located heavily gives out that reference's setting. Still, nonetheless, Shangri-Baa's design & style was GOREGOUS! Best part of one of W101's best side content updates yet!

However, I do have a few tidbits though...

1st, there's no unique music & sound effects for Tonkatsu playing the Song of Discord as he begins his ceremony to bring Hamakala into Beagle's body & Hamakala's own statue going active during the instance quest, "Harmony V. Discord", & 2nd, Tonkatsu's Wrath of Discord boss cheat needs unique sounds added during the duel with Tonkatsu. I know it's sound-related on this, but, just thought I'd let you know.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
The Vagabond on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
One thing I can't help but wonder: Alhazred of Krokotopia was the founder of Balance magic, right? (I hope I'm right.) His old age aside, was there some reason he wasn't scouted out as a member of the Council of Light?.....and for that matter, why is Ms. Lydia Greyrose in there, too? (No offense intended.) - pawn54
To add on to this..., what about Dworgyn?

I understand that he doesn't take part in many main quests, at least not as many as Cyrus or Lydia, for example...

But why? He is an extremely interesting character that, although we've seen his newsletter, we know almost nothing about him. What is his species? Does he have any family that is still alive? Where was he born?

Does his family live in Darkmoor? Was he born in Darkmoor?

Also..., will Memphis, the fire teacher in the telegraph box of Wizard City ever make a return outside of the BOX events? Or was he just intended to be comical?

What is the Maestro's name a reference of? (Or is it just a spanish translation of, "Masterly, chief, teacher, etc"?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
To add on to this..., what about Dworgyn?

I understand that he doesn't take part in many main quests, at least not as many as Cyrus or Lydia, for example...

But why? He is an extremely interesting character that, although we've seen his newsletter, we know almost nothing about him. What is his species? Does he have any family that is still alive? Where was he born?

Does his family live in Darkmoor? Was he born in Darkmoor?

Also..., will Memphis, the fire teacher in the telegraph box of Wizard City ever make a return outside of the BOX events? Or was he just intended to be comical?

What is the Maestro's name a reference of? (Or is it just a spanish translation of, "Masterly, chief, teacher, etc"?
The five boxes events was based off of a popular british TV series called Doctor Who. The main character is The Doctor (The professor) who has a time machine stuck as a blue phone box called the T.A.R.D.I.S.(The B.O.X). One of his bigger enemies is The Master (The Maestro). Also the dog inside of The B.O.X. named Rose Piper is a reference to the Doctor's first companion Rose Tyler (They say Rose Piper since the actor's name is Billie Piper so they combined the two) when the series re aired in 2005 after being cancelled.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
Artur Firecaster on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
The five boxes events was based off of a popular british TV series called Doctor Who. The main character is The Doctor (The professor) who has a time machine stuck as a blue phone box called the T.A.R.D.I.S.(The B.O.X). One of his bigger enemies is The Master (The Maestro). Also the dog inside of The B.O.X. named Rose Piper is a reference to the Doctor's first companion Rose Tyler (They say Rose Piper since the actor's name is Billie Piper so they combined the two) when the series re aired in 2005 after being cancelled.
I've watched Doctor Who for years, am throughly obsessed with it, did the Five B.O.X.E.S. event a year ago, and I just realized the Maestro was based off of the Master.
Duncan Stormblade

Survivor
Jun 28, 2015
Jordan074t on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
My questions might never get answered but here it goes...
*will we get to make a choice to join the evil side?
*is Polaris the home of the pyromancy scholar?
*why did mother Raven threaten us when we collected the second tusk for the ice scholar?
*is the storm scholar from valincia?
*is there other forms of magic out there in the spiral?
I really doubt that our wizards will have a chance to join the evil side, but someone from the evil side could possibly manipulate our wizard into helping them.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
>What if the world in pirate101 were outside the spiral in "The Void"

not possible. Go run around mooshu in W101 and then run around Mooshu in P101. The landscape and roads are the same.

They could be in alternate realities, though.

Which would explain why Morgathe never tried to use Kane - because she didn't know about him. And why the pirates don't just go get a bunch of level 110 storm wizards to short circut all of the armada enmass. And why Rasputin didn't have a bunch of clockworks getting him borealis instead of Ivan.

I'd really like to hear from the arcanum scholars about this.

ARE the worlds in P101 and W101 in the same reality? Or are they in alternate realities? And if they are in the same reality, why don't we see overlaping events in each? I can't imaging people like Morgathe, Grandmother Raven, Old Cob, Bartleby, Ambrose, Rasputin, and so on NOT knowing about all the stuff going on outside of W101 if they are part of the same reality. Same for the major characters in P101 not knowing about stuff going on in W101.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
Well another think that just popped to my mind that could support this theory is that Merle's spiral map (not sure what it is called) in his tower shows all known worlds. From what I can see on it no Pirate 101 worlds are on it meaning they don't know they exist. I didn't mean in the outer void just past polaris as we don't know how long to the outer void. It could be a few feet from the sky anchor it could be thousands upon thousands of miles. Aswell Librarian Fitzhume time in the spiral moves alot differently. Meaning they could have visited the world we did at very different times then us. As with marlybone they visited it after us (unknown how long as Meowiarty is in prison not NewGate meaning he already escaped from Newgate and was recaptured as this is much.) and in Mooshu They visited it before us or at the same time (As the emperor is still sick due to Malistare). This shows how different time can be. This may even be before meowarty got out of Newgate still showing how different the times are. I just realized how confusing it is trying to line up wizard 101 and pirate 101. I had more to say but trying to line up the time lines got me all confused and made me forget what I was going to say.
>From what I can see on it no Pirate 101 worlds are on it

now that's odd, since both mooshu and Marleybone are P101 worlds. If they're not on the spiral map in Ambrose office, it just means you can't see them, not that they aren't there. And Dragonspyre is as well, though for some odd reason the windlanes through it just go over the top of a volcano, which the monkeys refer to as Avernus - but you can clearly see the dragon titan on top of the moutain not far away.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Being my favourite side-"world" I have a few questions about Darkmoor.

I'd love to revisit it as a side world for higher level Wizards with Shane's returning as the final boss. And despite it being a late Gothic world I can imagine a ghostly-electric city filled with monsters who are "mashing" on the dance floor.

Is Darkmoor ruled over by Shane or does he control only a small portion; how does its government work?

Why is Darkmoor so connected with Shadow?

Do all Monsters (Zombies, Vampires, Skeletons, Ghosts) come from Darkmoor?

If Darkmoor is a world centered around Death and the Undead could it be considered like a fragment of the Other Side that appears in the mortal realm?

Why does Darkmoor's sky change from green with stars to blue at the graveyard then back to stars when we face Malistaire in Shane's tomb?

What's the importance of Nevermore? It seems important...

Is that city-thing we see in the distance from Nevermore a city or a castle?

Is the Castle Darkmoor that we explore the same castle from the Darkmoor concept art?

How exactly is Dworgyn (A human?) related to Ants? And do the Ants come from Darkmoor or Khrysalis or some other world?

Some off topic questions...

Will we ever explore Lincoln's homeworld and the homeworld of the Gardner Moles?

What is the "New World", is it Cool Ranch or another world that we've yet to explore?

Is Castle Queribus in Darkmoor or Polaris or is it in a world we've yet to explore?

Will we ever see a "pure" French world? Polaris was awesome but it seemed more Russian than French and I'd really like a French type world that's techy like MB with an Eiffel Tower and cafes and what not.

Can we get some information of what Empyrea is like? Compared to what we knew of PL and MG before PL was released, EM (EP/EY?) is very mysterious. We only know that it has Basilisks and Sky Squids and may be in or on fire and potentially the highest point of the Spiral.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Artur Firecaster on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
1. "I'm the Doctor. I'm a timelord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterbouros. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who's going to save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below."

2. "You can't rewrite history! Not one line!"

3. "What's that in the mirror or the corner of your eye? What footsteps always following, but never passing by? Perhaps they're all just waiting. Perhaps when we're all dead, out they'll come a-slithering from underneath the bed."

4. "I know who you are. There's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do. Wasn't it obvious? The Dream Lord was me!"

5. "Hermits united. We meet up every 10 years. Swap stories about caves. It's good fun. For a Hermit."

I'm a fan of Doctor Who. That's why I asked.

We know that Merle Ambrose and Avery have interacted, indirectly or directly.. Is there a chance that we'll find out more about their relationship?

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
dk4vision on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
I've watched Doctor Who for years, am throughly obsessed with it, did the Five B.O.X.E.S. event a year ago, and I just realized the Maestro was based off of the Master.
Duncan Stormblade
If you or other Doctor Who fans are interested, I wrote several posts in the "easter eggs" thread (you should be able to find them on Page 29 of that thread) in this section of the forum, annotating all of the Doctor Who references that I could annotate within the B.O.X.E.S event, and a bit more besides.

Also, a question for Librarian Fitzhume:
Per the posts that I mention above, it is obvious that each of the five B.O.X.E.S is based on references to each of the first five Doctors, in order. Can you predict whether the Professor - along with references to Doctors #6 and following - will eventually require assistance in the future? (I assume he would have to station himself in Third Arc worlds if this does come to pass.)

You might consider asking Dalia ("Leah") Falmea. I've heard a rumor that she's quite smitten with the enigmatic, time-travelling Marleybonian, and may know far more about him than she lets on.

Seth DeathBreath - lvl82

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
How does the day/night cycle work in the spiral? There's no proper horizon for the sun to pass below, so logically, the sunlight would just be coming from below the islands at night.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Emerald9649 on Feb 5, 2016 wrote:
Being my favourite side-"world" I have a few questions about Darkmoor.

I'd love to revisit it as a side world for higher level Wizards with Shane's returning as the final boss. And despite it being a late Gothic world I can imagine a ghostly-electric city filled with monsters who are "mashing" on the dance floor.

Is Darkmoor ruled over by Shane or does he control only a small portion; how does its government work?

Why is Darkmoor so connected with Shadow?

Do all Monsters (Zombies, Vampires, Skeletons, Ghosts) come from Darkmoor?

If Darkmoor is a world centered around Death and the Undead could it be considered like a fragment of the Other Side that appears in the mortal realm?

Why does Darkmoor's sky change from green with stars to blue at the graveyard then back to stars when we face Malistaire in Shane's tomb?

What's the importance of Nevermore? It seems important...

Is that city-thing we see in the distance from Nevermore a city or a castle?

Is the Castle Darkmoor that we explore the same castle from the Darkmoor concept art?

How exactly is Dworgyn (A human?) related to Ants? And do the Ants come from Darkmoor or Khrysalis or some other world?

Some off topic questions...

Will we ever explore Lincoln's homeworld and the homeworld of the Gardner Moles?

What is the "New World", is it Cool Ranch or another world that we've yet to explore?

Is Castle Queribus in Darkmoor or Polaris or is it in a world we've yet to explore?

Will we ever see a "pure" French world? Polaris was awesome but it seemed more Russian than French and I'd really like a French type world that's techy like MB with an Eiffel Tower and cafes and what not.

Can we get some information of what Empyrea is like? Compared to what we knew of PL and MG before PL was released, EM (EP/EY?) is very mysterious. We only know that it has Basilisks and Sky Squids and may be in or on fire and potentially the highest point of the Spiral.
As well one of the students at pigswick academy are from empyrea.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Librarian Fitzhume, I really enjoyed infiltrating the secret fortress, Kataba Iceblock, where The Rat, previously Rasputin, was creating his own experiments using the Borealis gemstones he forced the penguin miners to mine them, even with the Borealis Majores Ivan brought under his dark power to from his own Titan creation.

The Kataba Iceblock was a very enjoyable adventure. Maybe next time, we could have the next fortress of Grandfather Spider's next Child be made more longer, larger, & complex than the Kataba Iceblock. I really liked how it was almost like Castle Darkmoor was made. Just wish the next secret fortress from another Child of Grandfather Spider would be more longer, just without the hassle of going back & forth & doing more "Defeat & Collect" quests many times. Can't wait to see what they will make next!

Maybe we should have another palace in the next batch of adventures, like Zafaria's Black Palace, only more larger, longer & more complex than that. I really enjoyed the adventure of infiltrating a lesser enemy fortress while being incomplete.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2015
Librarian Fitzhume one question that I think about often is, are grandfather spiders intentions really evil or are his intentions good? I think back to what he said at the end of khrysalis (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and really he's just telling his children to do things humans do all the time. Could you please clarify this for me?
thanks

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Who was Detolli referring to when he said "I knew they'd send someone!"?

If Krokopatra was reduced to ash/sand back in Krokotopia how was she revived when we fight her again in the Exalted Challenge?

What time period is Krokotopia based upon? From what it seems it appears to be based around the 1800's-1900's but at the same time it appears to still be Ancient Egypt. Actually, now that I think about it... it seems like the Manders represent the more modern (1800s-1900s) people while the Kroks represent the Ancient Egyptians since they still seem to follow their Immortals and their "past" rulers such as Krokopatra.

From what we've seen Elemental and Astral magics play a huge role in the lore of worlds such as Krokotopia, Khrysalis, and Celestia. Are there any worlds that are deeply connected to the Spirit Magics?

How exactly might one go about creating a new magic? Alhazred apparently did it but how?

Would you say that Moros represents Shadow magic? And will we ever revisit him. I feel bad leaving him all by himself now that Morganthe is gone. And being the reverse Bartleby he seems to have a lot of potential.

Does Morganthe's Tower rise all the way into the Outer Void? I ask 'cause when we face her the sky is entirely different.

What business did Morganthe's Legion have in Krokotopia?

Why do the Arachna hate/fear Old Cob?

Why were there so few Butterflies in Khrysalis?

If Azteca was truly lost how did a Marleybonian and some Monquistans find it? And why didn't they report on its location?

Before Moros grew what fulfilled the garden? What was its purpose? We see statues of only the Mantis and the Burrowers what about the Spiders? The place is connected to their home.

Is the Botanical Gardens and Farm House located in a specific world? If so I'd love to visit them, specifically the Gardens' world.

Minor Suggestion... in the final fight of the arc can we please have all of the major assistants that helped us throughout the arc (and maybe KR) team up with us again?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Artur Firecaster on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
There aren't any Pigswick students or contestants from Empyrea as far as we're concerned. The only time Empyrea came up was for a side quest which was about a Rabbit-merchant whom spoke about Empyrean Sky Squid ink. It is possible that the Helephant Kogasha is from Empyrea IF the star-fields of Yago are a place in Empyrea but that's about it. The contestants themselves come from Mooshu, Avalon and Mirage.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Artur Firecaster on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Beatrice Wildwind is from Weirwood, which, best as we can tell, is a part of Avalon (which would be confusing as there is already the Wild and the Wyrd. (Maybe Weirwood refers to those two regions taken as one?)

Kisai is from Mooshu.

Nalia Dunestrider is from Mirage. (is this W101's first direct reference to Mirage?)

And of course Randolf is local to Wysteria.

You're probably thinking of Mirage.