Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary School for a PVP Ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I am having troubles building a PVP Ice wizard, I need some tips like what are the strategies for ice PVP and what do you think is the best cards to get. I am a complete new person to PVP so I apologize about that >~<
My ice wizard is 40 but I am planning to max him within the next few months so any spells can work. I also need gear build, sorry not knowing this stuff

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
I'm going to be brief and give exact names of each gear piece and where to get them once you make it to end-game and you're ready to set up for PvP. I can also tell you which spells I would recommend for you to learn. I cannot discuss strategy since I haven't used ice in a long time.
Level 110 Gear Guide

Hat: Krokopatra Blizzard Fez: Dropped by Krokopatra (Rank 14) (Exalted Krokopatra[One-Shot Dungeon])

Robe: Bonesmasher Robe of Cold: Dropped by Rattlebones (Rank 14) (Exalted Rattlebones[One-Shot Dungeon])

Shoes: Rogue's Piercing Striders: Dropped by Meowiarty (Rank 14) (Exalted Meowiarty[One-Shot Dungeon])

Wand: Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze (Level 110): Dropped in Terror's Hoard Pack
(WARNING: Only buy at max level to get the best version!)
Alternative Wand: Quarterstaff of Cold Fury: Dropped by Malistaire the Undying (Darkmoor[Final Boss])

Athame: Wolf's Lancet of Shivers: Dropped by Yegvney Nightcreeper (First boss in The Graveyard-Darkmoor)

Amulet: Orlov's Icesheet Charm: Dropped by The Rat (Polaris-Borealis Peaks-Horizon Hold)
Alternative Amulet: Gem of the Grand Prophecy: Dropped by Morganthe (Death) (Khrysalis-Shadow Palace-Morganthe's Chamber

Ring: Alpha and Omega Ring: Dropped by Gladiator Dimachaerus (Aquila-Mount Olympus-Pit of the Noxii)

Deck: Horizon Hold Set of Verglas: Dropped by The Rat (Polaris-Borealis Peaks-Horizon Hold)

Now that is all the gear you should farm for. It's a lot of work but it's top notch stats and you need to get the best stats you can before trying to PvP seriously. As for what spells to learn, I would say:

Life: Satyr and Sanctuary(optional)
Death: Feint and Doom and Gloom(PvP)
Balance: Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap(PvE) and Weakness(optional)
Star: Fortify, Infallible(PvP), Sleet Storm(PvE) and Conviction(PvP)
Sun: Colossal, Sharpened Blade, Potent Trap and Cloak(optional)

As for a pet, which one is optional. Talents? Spell-Proof, Spell-Defy, Fairy, Incredibly Infallible and Ice-Dealer.

No space for jewels, sorry.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
AstroVoltage on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I'm going to be brief and give exact names of each gear piece and where to get them once you make it to end-game and you're ready to set up for PvP. I can also tell you which spells I would recommend for you to learn. I cannot discuss strategy since I haven't used ice in a long time.
Level 110 Gear Guide

Hat: Krokopatra Blizzard Fez: Dropped by Krokopatra (Rank 14) (Exalted Krokopatra[One-Shot Dungeon])

Robe: Bonesmasher Robe of Cold: Dropped by Rattlebones (Rank 14) (Exalted Rattlebones[One-Shot Dungeon])

Shoes: Rogue's Piercing Striders: Dropped by Meowiarty (Rank 14) (Exalted Meowiarty[One-Shot Dungeon])

Wand: Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze (Level 110): Dropped in Terror's Hoard Pack
(WARNING: Only buy at max level to get the best version!)
Alternative Wand: Quarterstaff of Cold Fury: Dropped by Malistaire the Undying (Darkmoor[Final Boss])

Athame: Wolf's Lancet of Shivers: Dropped by Yegvney Nightcreeper (First boss in The Graveyard-Darkmoor)

Amulet: Orlov's Icesheet Charm: Dropped by The Rat (Polaris-Borealis Peaks-Horizon Hold)
Alternative Amulet: Gem of the Grand Prophecy: Dropped by Morganthe (Death) (Khrysalis-Shadow Palace-Morganthe's Chamber

Ring: Alpha and Omega Ring: Dropped by Gladiator Dimachaerus (Aquila-Mount Olympus-Pit of the Noxii)

Deck: Horizon Hold Set of Verglas: Dropped by The Rat (Polaris-Borealis Peaks-Horizon Hold)

Now that is all the gear you should farm for. It's a lot of work but it's top notch stats and you need to get the best stats you can before trying to PvP seriously. As for what spells to learn, I would say:

Life: Satyr and Sanctuary(optional)
Death: Feint and Doom and Gloom(PvP)
Balance: Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap(PvE) and Weakness(optional)
Star: Fortify, Infallible(PvP), Sleet Storm(PvE) and Conviction(PvP)
Sun: Colossal, Sharpened Blade, Potent Trap and Cloak(optional)

As for a pet, which one is optional. Talents? Spell-Proof, Spell-Defy, Fairy, Incredibly Infallible and Ice-Dealer.

No space for jewels, sorry.
Thank you so much for the help! Now I have an idea! My pet already has 3 of those talents which is great!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
san10der on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Thank you so much for the help! Now I have an idea! My pet already has 3 of those talents which is great!
You're welcome. is very fun to use and usually one of the most overpowered in PvP due to it's health. As for the jewels, you can buy some basic level 95+ tear socket health ones in Polaris. The only circle jewel you'll want is pierce for sure. As for square jewels, stun block is recommended and universal block can make for a good alternative. The flat damage and resist jewels are useless because their stat applies after percentages.

Good luck on your , they are fun!

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
I would recommend you finding a good team, obtain decent gear (Darkmoor, exalted duels, etc.), and level up to 110. This could boost your stats and help you quite a lot. Be sure to have at least one hitter and a decent healer so that your team would survive long. For your pet, I would not recommend you have a pet with may casts since they're not as helpful at higher levels (you already have a team that could support you anyways), I suggest you have a pet with double resist and triple damage. As for your secondary school, I suggest that you train Death for Feint, Balance for Utilities, and Sun for Enchantments. Sometimes, you would want to use Star spells for an aura that would boost your stats as well. Don't worry if the other team says bad things about you, you could just ignore them, or don't and you might be able to see them planning their strategy. I haven't PvPed for a very long time now, sorry if this doesn't help you much.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
AstroVoltage on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
You're welcome. is very fun to use and usually one of the most overpowered in PvP due to it's health. As for the jewels, you can buy some basic level 95+ tear socket health ones in Polaris. The only circle jewel you'll want is pierce for sure. As for square jewels, stun block is recommended and universal block can make for a good alternative. The flat damage and resist jewels are useless because their stat applies after percentages.

Good luck on your , they are fun!
WRONG

(pet jewel with resist or damage JEWEL fine on pet) PET jewel of damage or resist does not effect flat resist or flat damage!