Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cooking in Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Hello again, fellow wizards!
Today, I'd just like to get an idea out of my brain and into the forums.
We have crafting.
We have gardening.
We have fishing.
So, why not add cooking?
Cooking would be something like crafting, but you'd obviously be making food. The food could do stuff like temporarily increase health, maybe increase resist of a certain school temporarily. It's sort of like an elixir, but...less elixir-y and more food-y.
There could be food like, oh, I dunno, Peach Gobbler, or Wu Surprise. But, of course, like crafting, you'd need something to make the food in/on. Maybe go to Wizard City for a Wizard Stove. When you level up, go to Krokotopia for a Krok Pot (pun intended.)

There could be a new tab next to reagents and snacks that could be labelled "Ingredients."
I know this might not be the best idea, but reviews are appreciated. Thanks for sticking with me, folks!
-Michelle Summersong, Level 88 Pyromancer

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
You're not the only that asked for this. I REALLY want this to happen. This would be such a cool feature for w101.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
what about a refrigerator to go along with it. We now have a seed volt to hold seeds and if this is put into the game they should also make a refrigerator to hold reagents for food or something like this

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
I like this! Cooking in Wizard101 has a lot of potential. Like cooking a Mega Pet Snack, for example.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I would make cooking different. With the new seed double event, mega snacks are common now as garden gnomes. So why not make it easier and less time consuming for players. Cooking allows you to combine 10 mega snacks that give 50 Exp into one that gives 500 Exp. this will reduce training problems created by ultra lvl and training that far. Same with Lowe ranking mega snacks. It will also make rank one trash snacks half useful again.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
"what about a refrigerator to go along with it. We now have a seed volt to hold seeds and if this is put into the game they should also make a refrigerator to hold reagents for food or something like this"

I'd reccomend less of a modern refridgerator, but instead perhaps "The ice vault" or something more mystic/magic. This is of course, a wizarding game and not a modern adventure/daily life simulator ;P

Just my 2 cents

-Brittany DarkDust, level 80-some

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
ALL of your thoughts just gave me an idea, yes, they should have cooking. But what if they made alchemny where you could make elixers!!! :D I hope people like this idea, but then it would cost a lot of expensive ingredients and probal the time slots would last along time, but I still think its a wonderful idea

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
I like the idea but make it no pvp and maybe add group meals XD maybe your group gets hungry during a darkmoor run

Lvl 110 Wizard101 Excelsior
Lvl 110 Lord of the falling sky
Lvl 101 Loremaster
Lvl 68 Master of fire
Lvl 31
Lvl 25

Survivor
Jul 30, 2015
Defender
Nov 25, 2015
If there was cooking I would make advanced cooking for people who are adept.First of all advanced cooking should be like cooking but in a different format and the growing process.You combine mega pet snacks to make ultra pet snacks with alchemy and harvesting.While cooking doesn't have that process and requires less steps.Second of all while your harvesting.You can get a magic cauldron for free and mix the mega pet snacks with magic and ingredients.Then after that you can feed it to your pet or yourself...:

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Cooking would be so cool! Yet, I agree with many of the other posts how it should unique and different from crafting. It would be a really fun, interesting addition to Wizard101.
At the same time though, I feel like there are enough of the extra "hobbies (that is what I think of them as)" on Wizard101. But, if we could make it so it was different enough I think it could be AMAZING
- Gabrielle Silversword 93

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I really like the cooking systems in other MMOs, I would love to see how KI would do it. It would give us bored crafters something to do.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
In minecraft they have cooking why not Ki.Plus is there cooking in w.o.f.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
EpicGamergurl on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
Hello again, fellow wizards!
Today, I'd just like to get an idea out of my brain and into the forums.
We have crafting.
We have gardening.
We have fishing.
So, why not add cooking?
Cooking would be something like crafting, but you'd obviously be making food. The food could do stuff like temporarily increase health, maybe increase resist of a certain school temporarily. It's sort of like an elixir, but...less elixir-y and more food-y.
There could be food like, oh, I dunno, Peach Gobbler, or Wu Surprise. But, of course, like crafting, you'd need something to make the food in/on. Maybe go to Wizard City for a Wizard Stove. When you level up, go to Krokotopia for a Krok Pot (pun intended.)

There could be a new tab next to reagents and snacks that could be labelled "Ingredients."
I know this might not be the best idea, but reviews are appreciated. Thanks for sticking with me, folks!
-Michelle Summersong, Level 88 Pyromancer
I made this exact same idea last year, during the summer. I'm glad you think similarly, but I'd appreciate it if you could at least mention that you did get the idea from someone else. (if you did see my posts about this and enjoy them, that is) If this was just something you made up yourself, then that's great, you and me think alike!

Anyway, I am glad someone else wants this idea in the game!

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
I like this. I'd like to have more stuff to do at my house other than grow plants and decorate it.

maybe we could cook unique pet snacks using actual food ingredients. Or people snacks that we could eat to replinish our energy - or health or mana.