Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Symbols Next to Our Names.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
How many times has this happened to you? You're looking for a wizard from a specific school, be it to join your team, hatch a pet, or any other reason. You find a wizard, let's say their name is Joseph Fireblade. You're excited, you add them, only to find out they are... Myth school? My proposal is to add our school symbols next to our wizard's names for easy identification much like how enemies have their school listed by their names. I feel this would make finding a specific schooled wizard fool proof as well as avoid confusion from those who name their wizards in a confusing manner.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Uh, you could just click on them, it'll say their schools ;-;

Delver
May 12, 2012
I really see no need for this... you can simply just click on them, click the small arrow at the top of their picture, and you've found their school AND level.

~ Ali

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
I agree with Jacob LotusCaller and Mythali126.I honestly dont see any need for any school symbols near your name.Another thing I would like to point out is that under your name is says your rank/title or whatever its called, for example apprentice,magus,prodigious,exalted,etc.And next to that, it tells you what school they are in a way. Here are some examples,just to name a few.

exalted sorcerer~balance school lvl 100
magus thaumaturge~ice school around lvl 30
grandmaster diviner~storm school around lvl 50

so with the hint this gives you,you dont need symbols next to your name.If you know what every school is called, (taumaturge,sorcerer,diviner,etc.)you dont even need to as much as click them. So,adding symbols next to your name would just be additional information to add to the game.

Heather StarSong lvl 43

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
i wouldn't mind the school symbols next to the same easy to see instead of clicking on them

Cody Dragonspear 110

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
As has been already pointed out, it is extremely easy to click on people's names. Also, in PvP, you have an edge if you know what school the opponent might be. You can guess from their clothes, but you don't know until they speak. You can click on the speech bubble, and assess their school, level, resists, critical, critical block, boost, and so forth. That is why lots of wizards do not talk during PvP. If there was a symbol next to the name, some (not all) of that advantage would be gone. I get if both players can see each other's school, it is not an advantage, but it would remove a good strategy from PvP.

But the world does not revolve around PvP. As you pointed out it can be extremely frustrating to be thwarted in attempts to PvP and Hatch. I defiantly thing there would be many that would be frustrated, but also many who would be happy! I personally do like this idea, but I just wanted to get a downside out there. :)

Good thinking!
-Rebecca Ashhunter

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
I think its a brilliant idea. Pet hatching is a complete pain when a level 110 death school student has a name like ____ StormRider. You would expect them to be storm with a name like that so half the time I won't bother clicking on them. Then I go to click on someone with the name of lets say, _____ DeathCrafter, but they aren't death they are in fact, Balance. Its a complete hassle to click on every single person in the pet pavillion, so why not make it easy on the players? Some of you think pvp is important, while others think pets are important, but let me ask you, would you really mess around with pvp if there weren't some amazing pets you could get?

Victoria DeathCrafter 108