Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is side questing ALL THAT??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2016
Hello, everyone. I am going to make this question quick, with a little bit of explanation.

So basically, my very good friend has many level 110's, actually almost about to make a new account. His storm wizard is just about the most overpowered wizard I have ever seen in this game, and in all of my years of playing, this is not my first encounter with an overpowered player. However, the basis of my post is this: He has not done ONE side quest, at all! How did he do it? Why is he so overpowered?? P.S. He was overlevel for the whole game as well. Level 30 something in Krokotopia, about 89 in the beginning of Azteca. I just need someone to explain how he does it, since he says he doesn't need side quests, only main quests.

Also, the main question here is: Is side questing even relevant anymore?

Have fun with your wizarding ways everyone!

-Wolf Iceshield

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Wolf Iceshield on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
Hello, everyone. I am going to make this question quick, with a little bit of explanation.

So basically, my very good friend has many level 110's, actually almost about to make a new account. His storm wizard is just about the most overpowered wizard I have ever seen in this game, and in all of my years of playing, this is not my first encounter with an overpowered player. However, the basis of my post is this: He has not done ONE side quest, at all! How did he do it? Why is he so overpowered?? P.S. He was overlevel for the whole game as well. Level 30 something in Krokotopia, about 89 in the beginning of Azteca. I just need someone to explain how he does it, since he says he doesn't need side quests, only main quests.

Also, the main question here is: Is side questing even relevant anymore?

Have fun with your wizarding ways everyone!

-Wolf Iceshield
I haven't used it myself, but I think there might be an elixir in the Crowns Shop that doubles your experience, it costs crowns though.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
wraithcaster on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
I haven't used it myself, but I think there might be an elixir in the Crowns Shop that doubles your experience, it costs crowns though.
There is that kind of elixir. And main quests do give more experience than side questing, so...
Pretty much this: Waste crowns on elixir, Do main quest, Pretend it's legit.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Welll, there happens to be a lot more to the game than just leveling characters as fast as you can. There are story lines, there are productive side quests that reward you with more training points. And if you look close, a lot of side quest do reward with large amounts of experience. On my main Balance Wizard I did every quest in every world. It was fun for me. So people who only play to level are missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer. But that is fine if thats your only goal with the game. I say Just Have Fun with whatever it is you decide to do.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted 104

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you dont even need to buy them with crowns (the XP elixirs). Play Grub Guardian and you can get them for free. If you use them properly, you really dont need side quests. Also, while this hasnt been verified officially yet, so is just my theory, but I'm willing to be that there is soo much XP gained from MAIN LINE QUESTS that you could level to 110 BEFORE finishing Polaris. I can tell you that doing ALL quests, my myth just hit khonda dessert last night with my questing partner, and Im like 105 or so. Polaris will be simply for the drops and the new spell as I will not be gaining XP at all.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2016
As a person who solely spends minimal crowns as possible on mounts, I would have never known about that elixir until you guys mentioned it. Thanks for taking your time to answer, and I do know that there is more to the game than just leveling up as fast as you can. I for one enjoy the lore of the game, but being surrounded by people who only like being glass cannons and quest all day and spend crazy amounts of their parents money on the game is hard to compete against. I actually think I will take my time with the game and listen to what some character have to say, if I am interested in their stories. I will be doing every side quest I see fit, which may possibly be all of them. This game really interests me, and I am happy knowing there are people like me who can rebuttle the hatred for side quests that some people have.

- Wolf Iceshield

Delver
May 12, 2012
Wolf Iceshield on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
As a person who solely spends minimal crowns as possible on mounts, I would have never known about that elixir until you guys mentioned it. Thanks for taking your time to answer, and I do know that there is more to the game than just leveling up as fast as you can. I for one enjoy the lore of the game, but being surrounded by people who only like being glass cannons and quest all day and spend crazy amounts of their parents money on the game is hard to compete against. I actually think I will take my time with the game and listen to what some character have to say, if I am interested in their stories. I will be doing every side quest I see fit, which may possibly be all of them. This game really interests me, and I am happy knowing there are people like me who can rebuttle the hatred for side quests that some people have.

- Wolf Iceshield
Ya, it is an elixir.

On Grub Guardian, they give 10% boost experience elixirs as one of the prizes you can get for your wizard. I find myself getting them on the Mooshu levels most often. I find it worth it even for only 10% because it boosted me about half a level. It lasts 30 minutes too.

~ Ali

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010