Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Impossible to solo with Storm.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
Well I think I've said enough already, It's 100% absolutely not in any way possible to solo with storm. And here's why.

1. No survivability. Storm has no good resistance or health whatsoever, so surviving a hit, just isn't happening. You get hit, you're done.

2. Power pip Chance. Are you joking? My power pip chance is 49% but I can go through an entire fight and get ONE power pip the entire fight. What? How does that make any sense? That's literally on the line of 50/50, but I can get 1 an entire fight and 8 baby pips the rest of the fight. I don't understand.

3. Critical. What kind of block can you get in celestia? Well... none. So if you get critical'd on, it's a OHKO, you're done, there absolutely no way to block, and no way to get any resistance.
I could go into how fighting individual schools is worse, (Ice, Balance, and Myth) But this alone is good enough. If you guys plan to solo, do NOT pick storm.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I've had a lot of trouble soloing CL on all my characters for various reasons. It's always been an annoyingly difficult world and nobody can agree on what's too easy and what's too hard, so it's been adjusted quite a few times and it still just doesn't quite work out. If I were in your shoes, I would either A: level up by going back and doing every side quest so you can get as close to 60 as possible and thus get your waterworks gear, or B: just spam the team up button and stay on crowded servers until you hit 60. I've found some pretty good groups of people through team up and we usually go on to quest together for a while after we've finished the boss fight together. Good luck!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Garret AshFlame on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Well I think I've said enough already, It's 100% absolutely not in any way possible to solo with storm. And here's why.

1. No survivability. Storm has no good resistance or health whatsoever, so surviving a hit, just isn't happening. You get hit, you're done.

2. Power pip Chance. Are you joking? My power pip chance is 49% but I can go through an entire fight and get ONE power pip the entire fight. What? How does that make any sense? That's literally on the line of 50/50, but I can get 1 an entire fight and 8 baby pips the rest of the fight. I don't understand.

3. Critical. What kind of block can you get in celestia? Well... none. So if you get critical'd on, it's a OHKO, you're done, there absolutely no way to block, and no way to get any resistance.
I could go into how fighting individual schools is worse, (Ice, Balance, and Myth) But this alone is good enough. If you guys plan to solo, do NOT pick storm.
My storm had no issues soloing in Celestia. I used the Wintertusk Crafted Gear, which brought my resist up to 26. My health was about 3000, so I had no issues with health.

As for Power Pip Chance, I used the Wintertusk Crafted Ring & Athame, which brought it to nearly 70%.

As for the Critical and Block, I'm not sure about that lol. My storm quested before the updates occurred in the Polaris Update, so I always was blocking any Criticals. Now with the new system, I agree you won't be able to block lol, but it won't be a OHKO if you use the gear I listed earlier.

But overall, I had no issues soloing the game. Questing got even easier once I got Healing Current, and it became ridiculously easy with the nerf that occurred to Avalon and Azteca.

May I ask what level you are? I postponed Celestia until I finished Wintertusk first.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Every point you have made is the main weakness of storm and they changed the power pip chance (Put your cursor over it and it will show the real percentage). And yes the critical system in celestia is out of control and the best thing you can do is try to quest with friends and have them go first.

Brandon DeathBringer Level 101

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
Lol I'm level 49 atm in Celestia xD I was trying to speed run the game, I was gonna do wintertusk after celestia, as I haven't even finish Grizzleheim. I guess I could go do that.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Playing and leveling my storm wizard up until level 65 felt like a grind.

After this, I started finding better gear and lasting longer in battle. Spells were increasing in damage. and holy smokes, I was actually starting to beat entire mobs (with almost no health remaining on my wizard); but I was still beating entire mobs. Along the way I continually learned to adjust my playing style to beat certain bosses or overcome other challenges.

I did eventually solo most of the game content, but it wasn't always easy; and being able to hire henchman helped get me through really tough circumstances (but not everyone can, or want to hire henchman).

So storm wizards definitely aren't for everyone; but if you can stick around to get them past level 65, they are very fun to play, and yes, it's even possible to solo most of the game with (although anyone struggling with this will disagree).

Here's to everyone having and playing storms wizards, while having less struggles and more fun along the way!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2015
Thats interesting because i had the same problems with health with my fire but went well otherwise i was fine but the black palace is way hard to solo in zafaria so i say just keep pushing on you should get there eventually

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
i love my storm person
it is hard at first but with a little help from friends on your friends list or instead of when you in a boss battle click the team up button i didn't know about it till way later it really helps after i got threw celestia i got my pip chance to 80% my
aim is plus 32% add 70% i now have 102% at lvl 73 i had to real look for the storm% for my pet finaly got 3% and it gave me what i needed for armor on a storm wizard try waterworks i got the full outfit in 3 tries storm is hard at low lvl but its very fun latter on i solo bosses if they play fare

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
strange, i've soloed my storm through most of the game. Hard, yes. impossible, no. Not even CL. Has a lot to do with how you play, what gear you wear, and so on.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Garret AshFlame on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Lol I'm level 49 atm in Celestia xD I was trying to speed run the game, I was gonna do wintertusk after celestia, as I haven't even finish Grizzleheim. I guess I could go do that.
yeah. that's exactly why you are having issues. Speed running the game instead of playing it right will, guarenteed, get you into worlds you aren't ready for. And then, yes, you will fail.

Do every single side quest as you get them. Going back later will get you far less out of the xp for them than you'll get if you do them when you get them.

Don't rush the game.

craft the best gear you can find.

get your fishing to max level as well as your crafting, you'll need them.

You think CL is hard? if you somehow manage to get through CL and Zafaria, and still be too low in level for what they are desgined for, you're in for a huge shock when you hit Avalon, and forget the rest of the worlds.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Finish Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. I experienced these issues before a max told me to do this. If that doesn't help, do Wysteria (you should do this either way). And like other people have said, side quests are important.