Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favored Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
After a long break from W101 I find myself back on the colorfully paved streets of Wizard City, ready to duel some meanies! So this is a suggest which IMO would be very useful for combat. As the title states, "Favored Spells", these spells are spells in your deck that you have chosen yourself that are your favorite. These spells are more likely to show up in your first hand at the beginning of battle. Just a tiny adjustment which could be useful.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Sierra Deathshade on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
After a long break from W101 I find myself back on the colorfully paved streets of Wizard City, ready to duel some meanies! So this is a suggest which IMO would be very useful for combat. As the title states, "Favored Spells", these spells are spells in your deck that you have chosen yourself that are your favorite. These spells are more likely to show up in your first hand at the beginning of battle. Just a tiny adjustment which could be useful.

Half of me agrees and desperately wants this. The other half is thinking this will ruin the game's chance element and be incredibly OP. I mean imagine a Level 110 with his first hand looking like this:

Sharpen Blade, Stormblade, Potent Trap, Feint, Colossal, Tempest, Glowbug Squall.

Death. Death; everywhere. I think a more fun and less murderous idea for this is changing the colour of your hand's spell slots to match a certain school. So if you want, say, 3 , 3 & 1 ; then you change the slots to gold, gold, gold, yellow, yellow, yellow, black. So you have a chance at the above. This could be limited to only 3 slots being coloured, expanded to have an item card slot, any improvement you can think of. But it would keep OP players at bay, allow organisation, and also keep that nice element of surprise in the game.