Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for more Pips in duels: Pocket Pip Cases!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Wizards! I have got this gameplay & system changing idea in my head that will surely let us carry more Pips beyond the old long-standing limit of 7 during duels, & it's called Pocket Pip Cases! They're like tiny carrying cases for Pips, that can be stored in a pocket dimension on their own, kind of.

The idea of having Pocket Pip Cases, they allow Wizards to carry more Pips of all kinds, including Power & Shadow Pips, once they received their circle's Pip limit of 7, & every turn passed, Wizards carry more Pips to store them in their Pocket Pip Cases, allowing them to cast more stronger spells with ease. Any Pips carried into their Cases will be used if Wizards casts their spells.

I think they should be made as very special quest rewards from a particular world, starting with 2 Pip Cases, & as they progress through the worlds, they will be faced with more quests that reward Pip Cases that carry more Pips, allowing Wizards to store more Pips of all kinds, even new worlds to be made.

The differences, the limits of how many Pips these Cases can carry, they are rowed by Pip kind & numbered, with their Pip icons, too, E.G., "3/5 Pips", & Power Pips count towards that amount in that row. A separate row for Shadow Pips, however, is necessary for Wizards to hold more Shadow Pips, once they reached the current Shadow Pip limit, E.G., "2/4 Shadow Pips". Wizards will still receive them, like usual.

There is one thing... they cannot be bought in shops, deleted, stored in banks, nor count towards our Wizards' backpack amounts, & so on. They are very special items that can only be earned through quests, & once they earn bigger Cases through quests, the smaller Cases are immediately tossed. They can be viewed through the "My Characters" page in their Spellbook.

KI, I really think you should consider placing that in W101! That would really help with our struggle of carrying more Pips to cast more stronger spells to come.

Wizards, what do you think? I would really like that idea of mine to be made a reality!

Thanks again for listening!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Or just give us more pip carrying capacity at higher levels.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
do, you really want to wait more than seven turns to cast a spell that may fizzle anyway?
How many zero cost support spells will you have cluttering your deck? or are you just going to pass for 8-9 turns?
How long do you expect your battles to take?
When will you cast these spells? Normal monsters aren't worth the time. bosses will just kill you if you wait around for 9 turns.

Who waits seven turns to cast the death minion at full power? (I did once just to see it, then never again)

oh, you want to cast two five pip spells back to back? A six pip spell then a three pip spell? Death wizards can cast empower on you, or balance wizards can donate pips.

The reason we have pips and mana is to slow down the game play. It forces one to strategize. Otherwise we would just have mana and spells that cost fifty or one hundred mana to cast.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
The point about this suggestion is for Wizards to cast stronger spells without being constrained to the 7 Pip limit that's been long-standing since the game's beginning. I don't see the Pip circles allowing more Pips beyond 7, so I thought having pocket cases would address the constraints & concerns about trying to cast stronger, possibly higher ranked spells beyond 10.

Plus, with newer higher-level decks giving out more starter Pips in duels, along with possibly new higher level wands that carry more Pips & any other possible higher-level gear that may give out more starter Pips to be made, having Pip Cases could allow us to carry more Pips & cast more higher ranked spells without even having to wait for enough Pips to use in duels.

Possibilities towards Pips, you know. Don't deny them.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
shadow pips are what you have suggested. darkmoor shadow spells are rank 11 and Polaris shadow spels are rank 12 spells. don't believe me just look at bugs its damage is in line with a rank 11 spell as seen in relation to both storm lord and sirens (bugs 100 per pip, lord 98, sirens 97)

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Chiaki Minami on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
shadow pips are what you have suggested. darkmoor shadow spells are rank 11 and Polaris shadow spels are rank 12 spells. don't believe me just look at bugs its damage is in line with a rank 11 spell as seen in relation to both storm lord and sirens (bugs 100 per pip, lord 98, sirens 97)
The spell's rank number are the pip cost, & regular & Shadow Pip costs are differentiated by number, not by level. I had thoughts that new actual Rank 11 spells & higher would be heading our way someday, so I thought having Pocket Pip Cases would address our concerns of holding more Pips to cast more stronger spells.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think we need more pips. Shadow pips are already allowing us to break from the 7-pip limit and I really don't care to have more than 7 pips, anyway- we need to be getting more creative with how increasingly powerful spells are cast, not making pip values higher and higher, and KI has already demonstrated they are heading in this direction.

Also, PvPers would go absolutely ballistic.