Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

W101 Theory: Do us wizards cheat?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Have you ever thought about how our pets give us an advantage? Maybe sort of like... Cheating? For instance...

Healing:
Our pets can randomly heal us. Sometimes it is triggered by events mid-battle. The healing is also more potent than the spells that the wizard can learn.

Blades/Traps:
Our pets can also cast blades and traps. This is usually triggered by the wizard dealing a successful attack.

Shields:
Shields are triggered by incoming attacks on the wizard.

Spears:
No info.

Auras:
Auras are triggered by casting a shield, a blade, a minion or a bubble.

Charms/Wards:
Charms and Wards might be triggered my outgoing attacks, but this is not certain.

Remove Charms/Remove Wards:
Remove Charms and Remove Wards are triggered my the wizard casting blades and traps.

Steal Charm/Steal Ward:
Steal Charm and Steal Ward are triggered my the wizard casting a weakness.

Attacks:
Attacks are triggered by the wizard dealing a successful attack, or casting traps.

Dispels:
No info.

Bubbles:
Bubbles are triggered by the wizard casting some offensive spells.

Other:
Our pets can also cast Freeze, Stun, Triage, and Taunt.

Don't all of these things seem like how a boss would cheat?

: : Luke Battlesword : Level 71 : :

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
That's an interesting theory, but I actually think it's fair because most bosses (with the exception of very few bosses) have minions, so it would be 2v1 without a pet, and with a pet, it would be a 2v2. But that only counts for wizards who have good pets (which take too much effort to make ) so I guess it really depends on how you look at it. But I never really thought about it that way

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
There was a major thread awhile ago about how some bosses "cheat." Like when they instantly respond to you casting charms or traps, or cast extra spells every few rounds. I pointed out that since they usually aren't human perhaps it is their natural native abilities that let them do that. People still insisted that is wasn't fair and that it was cheating.

Lol now we have pets that allow us to do nearly the same things but randomly instead of triggered responses. I am glad pets don't have health like actual minions do.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Zebulous Newt on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
There was a major thread awhile ago about how some bosses "cheat." Like when they instantly respond to you casting charms or traps, or cast extra spells every few rounds. I pointed out that since they usually aren't human perhaps it is their natural native abilities that let them do that. People still insisted that is wasn't fair and that it was cheating.

Lol now we have pets that allow us to do nearly the same things but randomly instead of triggered responses. I am glad pets don't have health like actual minions do.
1.) In the game, it briefly mentions cheating bosses as "bosses that don't abide by the laws of magic" (semi-quote).

2.) The pet abilities are actually triggered by events in the battle.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Zebulous Newt on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:

Those are literally called cheats. Whether or not it's fair is another question entirely, but it is definitely cheating.

Delver
May 12, 2012
KingKreeper17 on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
Have you ever thought about how our pets give us an advantage? Maybe sort of like... Cheating? For instance...

Healing:
Our pets can randomly heal us. Sometimes it is triggered by events mid-battle. The healing is also more potent than the spells that the wizard can learn.

Blades/Traps:
Our pets can also cast blades and traps. This is usually triggered by the wizard dealing a successful attack.

Shields:
Shields are triggered by incoming attacks on the wizard.

Spears:
No info.

Auras:
Auras are triggered by casting a shield, a blade, a minion or a bubble.

Charms/Wards:
Charms and Wards might be triggered my outgoing attacks, but this is not certain.

Remove Charms/Remove Wards:
Remove Charms and Remove Wards are triggered my the wizard casting blades and traps.

Steal Charm/Steal Ward:
Steal Charm and Steal Ward are triggered my the wizard casting a weakness.

Attacks:
Attacks are triggered by the wizard dealing a successful attack, or casting traps.

Dispels:
No info.

Bubbles:
Bubbles are triggered by the wizard casting some offensive spells.

Other:
Our pets can also cast Freeze, Stun, Triage, and Taunt.

Don't all of these things seem like how a boss would cheat?

: : Luke Battlesword : Level 71 : :
Yes, I would have to agree, we do cheat. Some wizards don't have a pet that heals them, so that could be considered a cheat. Or, even shadow magic, treasure cards, and Wintertusk spells could be cheating, because not all wizards have access to it.

Nice thought, wizards can actually cheat. Next time you watch a PvP battle, look closely at the casts by the wizards and the pets to test your theory. You might actually find that you are right. It would be cool to record and talk about on camera.

~ Mythali

Delver
May 12, 2012
KingKreeper17 on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
1.) In the game, it briefly mentions cheating bosses as "bosses that don't abide by the laws of magic" (semi-quote).

2.) The pet abilities are actually triggered by events in the battle.
I actually have to disagree with your #2. Pets really don't seem like their abilities trigger by battle events. My pet healed me twice a long time back when I was farming Unicorn Way Rattlebones for the Exalted Duels. So, honestly, it sounds pretty unbelievable. Could you explain in more depth, or give evidence from personal experience or website information? It would be appreciated.
~ Mythali

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Mythali126 on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
I actually have to disagree with your #2. Pets really don't seem like their abilities trigger by battle events. My pet healed me twice a long time back when I was farming Unicorn Way Rattlebones for the Exalted Duels. So, honestly, it sounds pretty unbelievable. Could you explain in more depth, or give evidence from personal experience or website information? It would be appreciated.
~ Mythali
Yes, they do. Healing is triggered by a lot of events. I know for a fact hitting or getting hit triggers it, and I think that buffs do too.